PDA

View Full Version : How much will Sheppard tell the others?

Lythisrose
March 10th, 2008, 11:02 AM
John obviously left a detail or two out of his story (i.e., Rodney's hair), but do you think he told the others the whole of their fates in the other future?

RepliVeggie
March 10th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Most likely nothing about their individual fates. Or the status of Earth.

jenks
March 10th, 2008, 11:31 AM
^^ Why?

KindlyKeller
March 10th, 2008, 11:36 AM
I don't think he'd say anything outright about personal things. I'm sure he shared all pertinent information regarding Teyla and Michael, but probably nothing to Ronon or Carter or McKay about their fates. Regarding Keller, I do think he would share the information about exposure to the Hoffan drug, but probably not the fact that she died. And he might encourage McKay and Keller as it relates to their relationship, but he wouldn't tell them outright that they'd fallen in love in the other timeline.

RepliVeggie
March 10th, 2008, 11:53 AM
^^ Why?

Because it might change the outcome in a bad way. For instance Keller might totally outright ignore and avoid McKay if she knew and they would never get together.

kirmit
March 10th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I think like Tealc did in 'Unending' he'll keep it quiet.

jenks
March 10th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Because it might change the outcome in a bad way. For instance Keller might totally outright ignore and avoid McKay if she knew and they would never get together.

And Shep would hold back information just in case? I don't see it...

Jumper_One
March 10th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I think like Tealc did in 'Unending' he'll keep it quiet.

yeah that's what I thought too. also most thing won't happen anyway so there'd be no point in telling them

jasminaGo
March 10th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I don't think Sam would let him say anything to anyone. And John is smart enough to know that he's walking a fine line. Too much information can make things worst. He'll probably just say where they can find Teyla and how immportant it is for Michael not to get her baby. Maybe casually warn Keller to be carefull with the Hoffan drug. But nothing too personal or reveling.

Ruffles
March 10th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I think he would reveal some but not all. I think he might reveal Michael's dominance if they don't save Teyla and son, but I don't think he'd tell the particulars of what happened to them. Nor do I think he'll push McKay towards Keller (unless it's very subtle).

naamiaiset
March 10th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I think he would reveal some but not all. I think he might reveal Michael's dominance if they don't save Teyla and son, but I don't think he'd tell the particulars of what happened to them. Nor do I think he'll push McKay towards Keller (unless it's very subtle).
agreed. I have to admit though, I'd love to see ronon's reaction to learning he died fighting side by side with a wraith. sheppard just might want to keep that to himself. ;)

garhkal
March 10th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Agreed. Sam would know enough from all her time travel eps to tell him not to say anything that could make a paradox.

agreed. I have to admit though, I'd love to see ronon's reaction to learning he died fighting side by side with a wraith. sheppard just might want to keep that to himself

I would love to see ronon's reaction if he was told..

2ndgenerationalteran
March 10th, 2008, 08:23 PM
i think he may divulge things that led to their demise, like keller's hoffan drug exposure, and carter's ambush to prevent these things from happening. Tealc i believe may have told landry of how he died (if he got cancer suddenly). As those things may only do good and the guilt you would experiance from just letting people die when the knowlege to prevent it was available.

majorsal
March 10th, 2008, 08:40 PM
John obviously left a detail or two out of his story (i.e., Rodney's hair), but do you think he told the others the whole of their fates in the other future?

i would! if sheppard went all through this to come back and change the future (and save himself too), then why only go halfway? I'D TELL THEM EVERYTHING and make sure the bad stuff doesn't happen.

ronon left because things were already going bad -and sheppard was gone- so i don't see him leaving.

find teyla and save her life. and her baby's.

keller needs to take more careful procedures to make sure she's not getting infected.

IF sam ends up having the phoenix, let her know about it's weaknesses. (and don't fight michael's ships) in fact, if you're going to have the phoenix, get out of the pegasus galaxy!

i'd also let mckay *and* keller know about their short but sweet relationship. as a friend of mckay's and knowing how much she meant to him, i'd push that along.

so yeah, i'd let them know. :p

sally :D

BubblingOverWithIdeas
March 10th, 2008, 08:47 PM
i'd also let mckay *and* keller know about their short but sweet relationship. as a friend of mckay's and knowing how much she meant to him, i'd push that along.

Except that it might have the opposite effect. Or the circumstances for them to get together might never arise, making it a moot point. If it's going to happen naturally, then it's going to happen naturally. The Stargate rule of thumb seems to be to keep quiet about stuff that people maybe shouldn't know/wouldn't want to know. Minimal unnecessary timeline contamination, as Sam might put it.

2ndgenerationalteran
March 10th, 2008, 10:39 PM
IF sam ends up having the phoenix, let her know about it's weaknesses. (and don't fight michael's ships) in fact, if you're going to have the phoenix, get out of the pegasus galaxy!

if she gets the phoenix its supposed to aid atlantis and fight michael, keeping it out of the pegasus galaxy would have been the same as if the IOA never gave her the Phoenix in the first place. (The name phoenix implies that it may be made again, as we've seen it die already when it is made again it would be reborn, so to speak)

GoSpikey
March 11th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Well, Sheppard had to debrief, so I suppose he told them everything?

jasminaGo
March 11th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Well, Sheppard had to debrief, so I suppose he told them everything?

Teal'c had to debrief in Unending, and he didn't say much, just the circumstanses on why he had white hair, and how did he know about shuting down the Asgard core. He wouldn't even tell Vala who she slept with.

Ruffles
March 11th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Except that it might have the opposite effect. Or the circumstances for them to get together might never arise, making it a moot point. If it's going to happen naturally, then it's going to happen naturally. The Stargate rule of thumb seems to be to keep quiet about stuff that people maybe shouldn't know/wouldn't want to know. Minimal unnecessary timeline contamination, as Sam might put it.

Agreed. My personal opinion is that he decided to propose to Katie because Jeannie put the idea in his head in Miller's Crossing. I don't doubt that he had feelings for her, but I think his sister's comments pushed him to move faster than he was ready. I think the same thing would happen if Sheppard pushed about Keller.

I'm not sure Ronon would react as violently as might be expected if Sheppard explained the situation - Michael killed Teyla and was taking over the galaxy. Ronon is smart enough to see the benefit in allying with Todd (he's seen it up close and personal on several occasions so far).

But I think Sheppard will keep the secrets unless they don't find Teyla. The baby is the turning point. Once they save Teyla and the baby, the timeline is changed, and all the things he was told will not happen - at least not in the same way.

jenks
March 11th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Knowing Shep's personality, I think he'd tell them everything.

umopapisdn
March 11th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Knowing Shep's personality, I think he'd tell them everything.Or tell them the exact opposite just because it would be funny.
Sheppard: Ronan, you left atlantis and went into hiding after I was gone. lols

wise one
March 11th, 2008, 09:29 AM
i dont think ronan could take that he died along side with a wraith ^^

wm_1987
March 11th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I think he would have to tell them about Michael, Teyla, and the baby because that is what makes everything happen. And I'm sure he would warn Keller about the Hoffan drug because that could save a lot of lives. But other than that I'm not sure he would would say anything else, maybe if they don't get to Teyla in time.

Opener
March 11th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Nah, he wouldn't. I think he respects his friends enough to let them make their own decisions as things happen, not according to the way they were "supposed" to be.

majorsal
March 11th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Nah, he wouldn't. I think he respects his friends enough to let them make their own decisions as things happen, not according to the way they were "supposed" to be.

i agree, but i'd still warn them... oh heck, i'd tell them everything. :p

i don't know if ronon needs to be warned, but keller and sam do, because if they know certain weaknesses, they can prevent the same things happening again. (keller be careful with the hoffin drug and sam double/triple check the strenght of the phoenix's shields)

sally :)

2ndgenerationalteran
March 12th, 2008, 01:14 AM
He's making an alternate reality, so what ever applies probably was divulged. Plus in the beggining its probably the only way he would have gained crediblility, he told carter his story was just so out there it would be impossible for him to have made it up. But out of all he had he probably left relationships out as it would make everything awkward. Like if my friend came and said i married one of my friends in the future i dont even know how i would react.

sg1adam
March 12th, 2008, 04:41 AM
Personally I think that most of what happened was because of Shepard's MIA, and Teyla not being found in time. Because of those two facts, the rest occured, Shepard is no longer MIA, all they need to do is find Teyla to avert ALL of the alt events COMPLETELY.

The Pheonix was rushed out of production, the Atlantis team had to finish it themselves. If the M situation doesn't happen for a LONG time, then it wouldn't be rushed, and the rest wouldn't be history.

Dr K, MAY not get the infection that would eventually kill her, because M hadn't stepped up his campain with the Hoffan drug. BUT all of this stems from Shep's disappearance (the team being "depressed"), and not being able to rescue Telya (M not getting his hands on the baby for research purposes....).

I guess we will have to wait till S5 for more, and answers.

Hypochondriac
March 12th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I'd be more worried about how much information mackay put on that chip. For all we know he could have loaded it with information about future experiments

KindlyKeller
March 12th, 2008, 11:46 AM
BUT all of this stems from Shep's disappearance (the team being "depressed"),

:tealcanime49:

garhkal
March 12th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I'd be more worried about how much information mackay put on that chip. For all we know he could have loaded it with information about future experiments

True. Carter and several others have mentioned the less info on the future, the better...

Pudding
March 12th, 2008, 06:56 PM

I can see him doing that...

And on a side note, do you think that they ever found a cure for Clone!Carson in this alternate timeline? If so, do you think McKay would have sent it back with Sheppard?

2ndgenerationalteran
March 12th, 2008, 10:09 PM
but really i dont see the problem, if your making an alternate future and you give the future tech to the past of an alternate time line it would just be like giving them tech from a more advanced planet some where in that universe.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
March 13th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I can see him doing that...

And on a side note, do you think that they ever found a cure for Clone!Carson in this alternate timeline? If so, do you think McKay would have sent it back with Sheppard?

That could indeed be how he is cured.

Sheppard might tell Ronon how he died fighting side by side with Todd, but throw in a, "And you braided flowers in each other's hair", to make it seem like sarcasm.

Opener
March 13th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Sheppard might tell Ronon how he died fighting side by side with Todd, but throw in a, "And you braided flowers in each other's hair", to make it seem like sarcasm.
I could see Shep doing that if Ronon and Todd are being particularly nasty to each other the next time they meet.

P-51D Mustang
March 14th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Knowing Shepard when ever Ronon refuses to work with Tod he will say "you died fighting side by side with the guy how hard could this be" and will taunt Mckay forever beacuse he took a job teaching at a collage

garhkal
March 15th, 2008, 08:40 PM
True.. i can easily see him using what they did to rib them in the future to get them going..