This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminator Series Forum

Uh, why isn't there a separate forum for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles? It's a major sci fi show on a top network and nobody seems to be interested in it here.

They have a Bionic Woman forum for god sakes!

We want a Terminator Forum!

Eh. It's a lousy follow-up to something that didn't need to be followed, why bother?

Opinion aside though, it's a science fiction series being aired by Fox, how long do you really expect it to last before they axe it?

That said, there are a number of other franchises far more deserving of a subforum than TSCC. Star Wars, for instance. Or The X-Files, or Red Dwarf. I even hold out hope for a Lexx board, though I know that's rather unlikely. I'll agree that having a Bionic Woman board was a bit much though.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

If Bionic Woman still has its forum & that has been cancelled for a while now dont expect any other forums if a cancelled show still has its forum & on top of that its super dead not just dead but super dead

Comment

Bionic Woman should not have a folder, yes, but are any of the other shows you mentioed worthy of one either? One of the requirements that Darren needs to launch a forum is a a lot of interest shown through posting in threads about the subject. that is why Star Wars, Red Dwarf, and the X-files do not have folders. I also suspect that it is just a matter of time till BW folder is closed. As it stands TTSCC is up in the air as a series. It is expensive to produce and has not shown a cult following like the other shows (i.e. Firefly) that have been given folders

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Eh. It's a lousy follow-up to something that didn't need to be followed, why bother?

Opinion aside though, it's a science fiction series being aired by Fox, how long do you really expect it to last before they axe it?
          Didn't agree with the first thing you said. I think that if they have a decent team of writers they can follow anything. On the second thing you mentioned about FOX, I completely agree.

Having said that, there is still a Firefly forum up and that got the can about 4 years ago.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Wait.... are you talking about Bionic Woman because that has a form and has been canceled after 8 lousy episodes.

Terminator is getting at least another movie and probably a second season. I have been saying this from the very beginning. It seems that morons are running the forms or something. No form for a hugely successful movie franchise and TV show, but there will be for a bad remake to a bad spinoff of The Six Million Dollar Man, yeah that makes sense.

Comment

If its gets picked up for a second season I could see and argument for Terminator to have its own forum but as it is right now just because there is a show with one season thats been canceled its much of an argument for another. Thats said I like the idea but I don't want a monument to another canceled fox show
              "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Originally posted by Night Marshal View Post
                If its gets picked up for a second season I could see and argument for Terminator to have its own forum but as it is right now just because there is a show with one season thats been canceled its much of an argument for another. Thats said I like the idea but I don't want a monument to another canceled fox show

Agreed, the show has to prove itself.

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                Wait.... are you talking about Bionic Woman because that has a form and has been canceled after 8 lousy episodes.

Terminator is getting at least another movie and probably a second season. I have been saying this from the very beginning. It seems that morons are running the forms or something. No form for a hugely successful movie franchise and TV show, but there will be for a bad remake to a bad spinoff of The Six Million Dollar Man, yeah that makes sense.
                1)this forum practices mutual respect, there is no need to bash anyone.

2) As stated previously, it is understood the BW didn't do well and a forum was not the best idea. Darren had a feeling about the show as he had said numerous times. It's his forum, he can do as he pleases. he has also set up a criteria for a show to get a folder. If you actualy took the time to read my previous post you would know that.

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                Didn't agree with the first thing you said. I think that if they have a decent team of writers they can follow anything. On the second thing you mentioned about FOX, I completely agree.

Having said that, there is still a Firefly forum up and that got the can about 4 years ago.
                Once again, Firefly has demonstrated to have a huge online following, even four years after the show ended (throw the movie in there somewhere too)

Terminator fans have to prove that a Folder for the shows/ movie is worth having. If you want one, post topics inside the already established thread and try to generate some interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post

Reading Comprehension 101: It helps to, you know, read the post you're replying to before you hop on the soapbox to deride someone else.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                    Bionic Woman should not have a folder, yes, but are any of the other shows you mentioed worthy of one either? One of the requirements that Darren needs to launch a forum is a a lot of interest shown through posting in threads about the subject
                    Star Wars haa much more interest of its own forum then Bionic Woman. Star Wars, Harry Potter are all more popular here & with more interest from users then Bionic Woman ever had.. The Iron Man movie thread is more active then the Bionic Woman forum ever was. That Bionic Woman forum was not I repeat was not made out of user interest it was a really crappy business decision when there are more poplar stuff with more interest here then Bionic Woman
                    Last edited by JohnRico; 10 March 2008, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Once Again! Darren had a feeling about the show. Its his forum, if he wants folder he can have one. However, If fans ask for a specific show to have a folder it must meet certain requirements, one of them being a lot of interest.

Comment

One of them being a lot of interest
                        & Bionic Woman shows that is not always the case

Comment

I'd love for SCC to have it's own section but I figure it's only had one season. Once a second is done (which I'm almost certain there will be.) then maybe. I mean they gave Bionic Woman and look how that turned out. lol. So far there's only a couple of threads for SCC so it doesn't need one. Maybe in a year though. If you really want one though start making new threads on specific topics about it. lol.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The same argument does not work twice. Infact, it didn't work the first time. If you read my post in its entirety you would see why BW was the exception. Therefore you cannot use it to advocate a folder for another series unless the same conditions (i.e. Darrens intrerest) are met.

Comment

The same argument does not work twice
                              The same can be said about folders needing user interest which Bionic Woman shows it does not. it works both ways wether you like it or not

Comment

Working...
                              X