Destroying the Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destroying the Universe

Alright, throughout the Seasons, SG-1 and SGA-1 have added to their repertoire of destruction:
    • Numerous Ships
    • A Few Planets (due to the following two points)
    • The Ori and Asgard have been shown destroying Planets, the Goa'uld have attempted to
    • 3/4~ of a Solar System
    • A Sun (almost two)
    • The Asgard have been shown destroying a Sun
    • The Entire Replicator-based Compounds in the Milky Way

Now, moving on from Ships, Planets, Suns, Solar System and Specific-Points of Galaxies...

If SG-1, or Atlantis, or any Race wanted to destroy an Entire Universe... (either they're dramatically suicidal, or it's an Alternate One)... How do you think they'd attempt to do so?

I, myself, am thinking that if the SG-Universe took place in a False Vacuum, then some sort of Vacuum Metastability Event would render the entire Universe's Laws of Physics null and void. This wouldn't destroy the Universe per see, but it would completely alter it in incomprehensible ways, possibly leading to it's instability and destruction. Theoretically, a Particle-accelerator implemented as a Vacuum Metastability Device somehow might do the trick... This is all hypothetical, of course, but it is a possibility...

I've skimmed the net, and there don't seem to be any conceivable ways to destroy the Universe as of yet. Various theories exist on the ultimate fate of the universe, but no way of implementing them...

Possibly a Colossal Supermassive Black Hole would have some effect, maybe not on the entire Universe though...

Couldn't they just use their knowledge gained so far and start up the Acturus project again, creating those oh so fun exotic particles, and the universe would be "flashed out of existence". Eventually. If anyone was to destroy everything, Mckay would be the one.
    Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Jeanie's power thing almost destroyed a universe, albeit not our own but another. If we want to destroy our own universe just let kavanaugh and feldger work together on some experiment.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Xiphias View Post
        Couldn't they just use their knowledge gained so far and start up the Acturus project again, creating those oh so fun exotic particles, and the universe would be "flashed out of existence". Eventually. If anyone was to destroy everything, Mckay would be the one.
        I concur, As for the Mckay/Miller project... Well If the Ancients can make better tech I'll assume they make "Better" Or in this case worse mistakes so the Arcturus Project might be more efficient.
        Pure.

Comment

All they need to do is give Mckay all the parts required to build an arcturus type generator.

Comment

Originally posted by gavo2o View Post
            All they need to do is give Mckay all the parts required to build an arcturus type generator.

Comment

arcturus would do the trick

Comment

For all we know. Arcturus may have succeeded if the Ancients were rushed and in the middle of a war. The planet was under attack during there research. If they had been able to spend as much time as they needed they may have been able to complete it.

Anyways the only way I can see being able to destroy a Universe is do something to subspace maybe. I dunno.

Comment

Project arcturus on a trully massive scale that or give the IOA full control of all earth operations...wait.
                  Best quotes ever:
                  O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                  Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                  Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                  Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                  Thor:I like the yellow ones
                  O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

having a Stargate transport the Arcturus impossible particles across the universe would probably work. Some of those particles would seep through into real space as they traveled and start causing problems all throughout the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                      having a Stargate transport the Arcturus impossible particles across the universe would probably work. Some of those particles would seep through into real space as they traveled and start causing problems all throughout the universe.
                      Don't bother, they seep into subspace and start spreading super luminaly untill the laws of physics break down and entropy is complete.

Comment

Umm i think it could be possible but on the subatomic level with nano teck....If programed nano teck could be used to detroy metal and even rubbers and any other things that fell into their destruction programs... the only problem u can't let nano's even out in ur own base becasue the base will be destroyed unless u use different metals then the ones of ur enemies... but what are the chance of taking the universe and not running accrose the same material ships as urs

Comment

How are you going to power these super nano-tech munchers?

Comment

You're all thinking far too big, just give O'Neill some C4 and the jobs a good'un no more universe...it works on everything else.

Comment

Create a paradox... by finding an alternate universe within a box, that also has an alternate universe in a box which happens to be your universe. Then throw that box into a fire, and voila, your universe will also burn up.

Comment

Working...
                              X