Wraith Jamming Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Jamming Technology

The Wraith Jamming tech renders Asgard beaming Technology ineffective beaming nukes inside Hiveships right? Couldn't one say beam it right outside the hull? As powerful as the nukes are it will still do damage. The nukes were in effective against the Hives cause darts destroy them before they hit the hull.

What do you think?
    Stargate Revival Please!

I thought about that too but i think maybe they cant get a lock outside something that is moving?

Comment

It depends on what principle the beaming technology is based on. If it is some kinda of radiation, like infared or radio waves it wouldnt matter if it was inside or outside the hive, the jamming protocol would expand to an incredibly large radius before it broke down.

Conversly if it is some kind of shield emitter, then beaming close enough to hive should in theory damage it.

*i havent seen season 4 so dont crucify me*

Given what has been seen in the show it is more likely the first one beacause we know the wraith have used various radioactive technologies,(i.e., Echoes,manipulating radio waves and such) and because it is mentioned the daedalus couldnt beam at all(In the Seige)
      and and are my favorites
      I miss the Nox. They were AWESOME.

Comment

The wrightrs confirmed that the jaming field extends outside the hull.

WE must then make the asumsion that it extends far enough to rnder nuke explosions inefective(nukes have oncredibly short ranges in space).

Comment

The jamming field signal definately extends outside the ship. Its a signal.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
            The Wraith Jamming tech renders Asgard beaming Technology ineffective beaming nukes inside Hiveships right? Couldn't one say beam it right outside the hull? As powerful as the nukes are it will still do damage. The nukes were in effective against the Hives cause darts destroy them before they hit the hull.

What do you think?

I'm not sure a nuke detonated outside the hive ship would do much good. In Season 3 No Man's Land, a nuke did detonate on impact with a hive ship and it only slightly damage it. It didn't cripple it or destroy it. Firing on the dart bay seemed to have done more to disable the hive than the nuke detonation.

Comment

But a nuke in the siege part 2 (in the puddle jumper) did destroy a hive ship.

Comment

Originally posted by beire View Post
                The Puddle Jumper likely flew inside the Hive ship. And Detonated from inside.

Comment

Originally posted by beire View Post
                  Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                  The Puddle Jumper likely flew inside the Hive ship. And Detonated from inside.
                  Yep, the Jumper flew into the hive through the dart bay so it was inside the ship on detonation not outside.

Comment

Originally posted by MacTX View Post
                    Yep, the Jumper flew into the hive through the dart bay so it was inside the ship on detonation not outside.
                    ok, that explains a lot
                    thnx

Comment

Its probley some very weak EM field or shield which we know blocks beaming technology.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

I was thinking about beaming a dozen nuke around or front of the hives as a mind field. I think it could do a lot of damage. At the very least it will blind a hiveships sensors and leave it open to attack don't you think?

The Jumpers had just enter the hives dart bay a few seconds before it went off.
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

this doesnt have anything to do with the jamming feild, but what if we could get nukes on missiles or whatever and cloak them and program them to fly inside the dart bay and detonate? that would work pretty good....if it did work at all....
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

Originally posted by PrioroftheOri View Post
                            this doesnt have anything to do with the jamming feild, but what if we could get nukes on missiles or whatever and cloak them and program them to fly inside the dart bay and detonate? that would work pretty good....if it did work at all....
                            i think they would run into supply and resources problem. the military or the IOA would probably say that the "portable" cloak tech would be better use on the fighters. with the asgard beams, the missiles are relegated to lower priority in status and consideration.

Comment

Working...
                            X