What Happened to Michael??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Happened to Michael??

What happened to Michael in the Alternate Timeline? did he get killed or soemthing?

I get the impression he took over the Pegasus Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      I get the impression he took over the Pegasus Galaxy.
      At least.

And after 48,000 years, he's dead and gone and so is his movement, too, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
        At least.

And after 48,000 years, he's dead and gone and so is his movement, too, probably.
        Why would he be dead?
        As stated in The Rising by Carson "As long as the cells are properly nurished, I dont see a lifeform like this ever dying of natural aging like we do." And i guess that would go for the hybrids as well.
        And from what i gathered the queen we encounter in The Rising was around at the time of the Ancients also which kind of supports the theory of them not dying of old age.
        So unless he was killed by someone he would most likely still be around.
        Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
        Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
          Why would he be dead?
          As stated in The Rising by Carson "As long as the cells are properly nurished, I dont see a lifeform like this ever dying of natural aging like we do." And i guess that would go for the hybrids as well.
          And from what i gathered the queen we encounter in The Rising was around at the time of the Ancients also which kind of supports the theory of them not dying of old age.
          Because his half Human half Wraith now... or somewhere inbetween. And as he no longer has a... "hand sucker" I guess he won't have as longer lifespan as normal Wraith
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
            Well the only Wraith that we have been introduced to and have been confirmed to have survived from the time of the Ancient war spent most of that time in stasis. Despite what Carson said, we don't know for sure that they would've been alive today had they not been forced to spend all that time in stasis.

In any case, even if Michael is dead, that's no reason to assume his movement "probably" died as well. You don't take over the whole galaxy, create a race of hybrids and then have them all scatter into peaceful settlement after one person dies. Rather, you'd expect someone to take over, either after some infighting or peacefully due to there being a clear successor. The only way I see it ending is if someone came with force and put an end to it.

But anyway, Michael had the ability to pick and choose which aspects of his DNA to drop, which to keep, and possibly which to enhance. So, if the Wraith are capable of living 48,000 years, I find it odd that he would reduce himself to a being which as an expiration date (although he might not know that right now, he can make further alterations as time passes and he observes the lifespan of his hybrids). Instead it would be more logical for him to remain the way he is and create the race of hybrids to serve him and supply him and him alone with food. With his loyal hybrids that can't disobey him and no enemies he'd be less likely to find an unnatural end than the Wraith were.
            Last edited by Xaeden; 09 March 2008, 01:11 PM.

Comment

He was forced to commit suicide in a bunker with his girfriend after his plans to rule the universe with his ubermencsh took a turn for the worse after SGA left and the Wraith got organized.

A viscious little midget Wraith with a big bushy mustache tried to get his corpse to put on public display but it was burned beyond recognition by the last of his loyal troops.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                In any case, even if Michael is dead, that's no reason to assume his movement "probably" died as well. You don't take over the whole galaxy, create a race of hybrids and then have them all scatter into peaceful settlement after one person dies. Rather, you'd expect someone to take over, either after some infighting or peacefully due to there being a clear successor.
                Teyla's son? He has the mental abilities to take over, cos that was what Michael wanted from him... Right?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Sigh they should've explained it. I was looking forward to how michael would die.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                    But anyway, Michael had the ability to pick and choose which aspects of his DNA to drop, which to keep, and possibly which to enhance. So, if the Wraith are capable of living 48,000 years, I find it odd that he would reduce himself to a being which as an expiration date (although he might not know that right now, he can make further alterations as time passes and he observes the lifespan of his hybrids). Instead it would be more logical for him to remain the way he is and create the race of hybrids to serve him and supply him and him alone with food. With his loyal hybrids that can't disobey him and no enemies he'd be less likely to find an unnatural end than the Wraith were.
                    A single gene sometimes affects more then one aspect of a being. It's possible that to remove some of the unwanted Wraith characterists he had to also remove the 'immortality' of the Wraith aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                      Teyla's son? He has the mental abilities to take over, cos that was what Michael wanted from him... Right?
                      Michael might have killed him. All he wanted from him was genetic samples so he could improve upon his hybrids which he was able to do. The mental abilities that were displayed were a combination of Telya and the baby's. Note, that the queen said Telya had someone helping her and in submerssion she was able to fight back after a bit all on her own. So, there's nothing to say that they are all that amazing on their own. He's still just a Human with some Wraith DNA afterall, and we've seen before that the Wraith enhance their abilities by combining them with other Wraith.

But sure, anything is possible (Michael could've turned him into a hybrid and increased his life span). In the end, without Michael, you'd have an empire and a lot of hybrids with no master that are suddenly able to think for themselves. Among those are people who want power and will have been given enough access to resources by Michael to fight for it. But if Michael knows he's going to die and can't do anything to avoid it, he'd probably inclined to make a successor who not only is such by name, but has been given the ability to keep Michael's creations in line in the same way he can.

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                      A single gene sometimes affects more then one aspect of a being. It's possible that to remove some of the unwanted Wraith characterists he had to also remove the 'immortality' of the Wraith aswell.
                      I agree, which is why I said that I don't think Michael would sacrifice his immortality at the expense of not being able to feed. Having an army without the disadvantage that the Wraith have is in his best interests, but him being the only one left who has to feed wouldn't make a difference to his plans of conquest and he's expressed before his desire to live quite strongly.

Comment

I am guessing his son killed him. He is a great father figure.
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Working...
                        X