Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we make 304s faster following Unending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we make 304s faster following Unending?

Well after unending we are capable of producing pretty much anything. Food, plants, instruments etc.

Spoiler:
    In AoT they even make a replicator.
    So if they can make anything, does this mean we can use it to replicate 304's ? Maybe not the whole ship but at least parts of it help speed up the build time and reduce the costs.
    Last edited by the blackheart; 09 March 2008, 01:21 PM.

sigpic

possibly but the energy requirements would be intense. It is hard to say how long it will take to implement that technology and what extent it could be used in.

Its possible to replicate parts, but can it assemble them too? I think earth technicians would still have to build the ship, do all the wiring and testing of systems etc.

So yes it could possible speed up production time, but honestly we kick out new ships pretty fast as it is.

Comment

I would actually say they are produced slower now. Getting the Asgard beam weapons and such in would be harder then just railguns and missle launchers.

Comment

i must admit that i am curius as to what the limits of such technology is, the limits were never explained so basically its up to us fans to think of what the limits can be.

Comment

Please use spoilers!!!
          Also they can be made very fat as long as they have a good energy source, with a ZPM a 304 can make it to atlantis in 4 days.
          Best quotes ever:
          O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
          Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
          Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
          Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
          Thor:I like the yellow ones
          O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
            Please use spoilers!!!
            Also they can be made very fat as long as they have a good energy source, with a ZPM a 304 can make it to atlantis in 4 days.
            i guess with make, the starter of this topic ment build. Can we build 304's faster by using asgard tech
            Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

Imagine if they could build a replicator big enough to reproduce a 304 in one pass. Hook that thing up to the power grid and every time they make one everyone in the US experience a brown out.

Comment

Originally posted by SP90 View Post
                Imagine if they could build a replicator big enough to reproduce a 304 in one pass. Hook that thing up to the power grid and every time they make one everyone in the US experience a brown out.
                Does it make brownies?

Comment

There's probably some other tech that the Asgard gave us that will allow us to build ships faster. Or perhaps we now have the knowledge to build that power source in The Fifth Race that uses the small amount of liquid naquadah in a staff weapon. With a couple of those, and the knowledge of how to reset one (Point Of View) we could beam the parts of a 304 into place, or perhaps a whole one in space. Long story short, yes, I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by SP90 View Post
                    Good idea. But we'd have to program it so that it doesnt go out searching for the material. We would bring the material to it.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                      Good idea. But we'd have to program it so that it doesnt go out searching for the material. We would bring the material to it.
                      i thought it gets the material through energy not mass so it wouldnt matter
                      Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                      Anime signature in spoiler tag
                      Spoiler:
                      Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                        i thought it gets the material through energy not mass so it wouldnt matter
                        It's not a bug replicator...it's the asgard beaming system used to create things from nowhere.

So far it's not known how it creates the material. It could either create the mass out of energy, which would be very high. Or it could take atoms already present and rearrang them to the wanted configuration.

Comment

Even without fancy Asgard replicators, there is learning by doing=increases efficiency.

Let say the first 304 took 2 years. Next one, 1.5 years, next 1 year...Mass production.

Asgard tech will only increase this.

Eventually, they should have a 304 coming out every couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                            It's not a bug replicator...it's the asgard beaming system used to create things from nowhere.

So far it's not known how it creates the material. It could either create the mass out of energy, which would be very high. Or it could take atoms already present and rearrang them to the wanted configuration.
                            I doubt it comes from nowhere. But the chances are they reassemble things since it can't make very heavy element such as neutronium in mass quantities.
                            Best quotes ever:
                            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                            Thor:I like the yellow ones
                            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                              I doubt it comes from nowhere. But the chances are they reassemble things since it can't make very heavy element such as neutronium in mass quantities.
                              Why does not being able to replicate neutronium(which is speculation, BTW) mean it rearranges matter? It could be simply too dense, and require too much energy to be feasible.

Comment

Working...
                              X