Michael's Hybrids (Spoilers, Obviously)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael's Hybrids (Spoilers, Obviously)

So Michael's goal was to eradicate the human and Wraith population of the Pegasus Galaxy, and we know that the Ancients were rather clumsy with leaving their tech behind. Why didn't Michael bother to incorporate the ATA gene into their genetic makeup? He was already doing some splicing; surely it wouldn't have been that hard. It just makes sense to me that if you want to extinguish a population, you'd use any available tech that you have. In this case, they could operate any Wraith technology as well as any Lantean technology that we've still yet to find, or hell, even the tech we have found. I dunno. Just a thought that occurred to me. Feel free to bash or whatever.

To be fair we can't be certain that he didn't. We'll have to wait and see really.

But on another note, why do they only have 1 of the funky extra nostil things. They should have 1 on each side of the nose. I just find it kinda odd is all.

Comment

They're hybrids.

Comment

It still looks weird lol.

Comment

Mikey made them on a budget

Comment

The truth is we aren't sure he didn't. He had clone Carson with him for two years. He learned of the Hoffan Drug. It is possible He had a copy of the ATA gene from him. Maybe MIchael will have a comando unit of 50 hybrids armed with stunners that will storm Atlantis to steal the city.

Wouldn't that be great.
            Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

maybe wraith brains aren't compatible
              otherwise, they probably would have modified themselves a long time ago

Comment

When they first started using the ATA gene therapy Beckett said it doesn't work for everyone, i think it was like 48% so there is a chance it wouldn't work at all on the hybrids

Comment

If you think about it...

The Wraith have one hand with which they feed, mostly their right one. Michael had it on the right side, too. He now has lost that ability, so it's kind of a hole that closed. Maybe the closing of the right facial slit has something to do with that, too?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I say the ATA gene as something the Ancients invented to use as a lockout for their technology. Likely because of the Wraith. So it would make sense that the ATA gene wouldn't work for a Wraith. Or anyone with Wraith DNA

Comment

true, they probably deliberatly chose the ata gene for the reason that it wasn't compatible with wraith dna
                      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                        I say the ATA gene as something the Ancients invented to use as a lockout for their technology. Likely because of the Wraith. So it would make sense that the ATA gene wouldn't work for a Wraith. Or anyone with Wraith DNA
                        Only, the ATA gene is utilized in the Ancient Outpost as well and we know that has been around since before they knew of the Wraith. Although one could argue that the tech might've been modified later, we have no evidence of that so it's possible they've been using that as security for untold millions of years and wasn't specifically designed to combat any one race. Otherwise you could just make it lock out anyone with Wraith DNA. Making it specific to them showed that they had other things to worry about - For example, they purposely didn't give Humans the gene when they created them and they were around before the Wraith. There has also been a mention of the Ancients having threats before, but being able to quickly dispatch them with their technology. So, if their superiority is all that they perceived to stand between them and enemies, they would want to do everything in their power to make sure none of it fell into the hands of anyone who might be hostile.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                          Only, the ATA gene is utilized in the Ancient Outpost as well and we know that has been around since before they knew of the Wraith. Although one could argue that the tech might've been modified later, we have no evidence of that so it's possible they've been using that as security for untold millions of years and wasn't specifically designed to combat any one race. Otherwise you could just make it lock out anyone with Wraith DNA. Making it specific to them showed that they had other things to worry about - For example, they purposely didn't give Humans the gene when they created them and they were around before the Wraith. There has also been a mention of the Ancients having threats before, but being able to quickly dispatch them with their technology. So, if their superiority is all that they perceived to stand between them and enemies, they would want to do everything in their power to make sure none of it fell into the hands of anyone who might be hostile.
                          Also true but if Beckett could, in his capacity as a lolzering noob, devise an inocculation method that had about 40% success rate then more advanced races would have been able to do better.
                          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                            The truth is we aren't sure he didn't. He had clone Carson with him for two years. He learned of the Hoffan Drug. It is possible He had a copy of the ATA gene from him. Maybe MIchael will have a comando unit of 50 hybrids armed with stunners that will storm Atlantis to steal the city.

Wouldn't that be great.
                            How are you going to take a city of a few thousand people with 50 guys?
                            Not to mention something called a gate shield.
                            Automated lockdown?
                            Ships in orbit to beam anyone in or out
                            P90s?
                            need i go on?

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
                              How are you going to take a city of a few thousand people with 50 guys?
                              Not to mention something called a gate shield.
                              Automated lockdown?
                              Ships in orbit to beam anyone in or out
                              P90s?
                              need i go on?
                              It was an altered line from Kindred dude relax. I expect the Atlantis expedition is a few hundred. Also if they had ATA gene, had Psychic powers and knowlege of Acient. The could do it couldn't they 50 sons of Anubis.
                              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Working...
                              X