Science inconsistancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Science inconsistancy

Don't you end up coming out the same gate if you hit a solar flare?

Sheppard came out a different gate. How did that happen?

Pegasus stargates are newer, the glitch was on the Atlantis operating system side, the solar flare was closer to the destination than the the point of origin, or maybe it's just random. Take your pick.

Due to a lack of a scene, we don't know if Sheppard dialed out to another planet (with the solar flare in between) on his return to the past trip. If so, he would have then gated back to Atlantis once he was in the correct time period. He also had to use an IDC, that miraculously survived 48,700 years and still worked, so I doubt it was Atlantis -> Atlantis and pressing codes on the run from the stasis pod to the gate in the midst of scorching atmospheric conditions.

Comment

You only get sling shotted back if the solar flare comes from your own star.

I'm not sure what point Malakriss is trying to make, but when Shep went to the future he wouldn't of needed an IDC since there was no one there to raise the shield to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
        You only get sling shotted back if the solar flare comes from your own star.

I'm not sure what point Malakriss is trying to make, but when Shep went to the future he wouldn't of needed an IDC since there was no one there to raise the shield to start with.
        I was referring to his return trip to the past, they recieved Colonel Sheppard's IDC which is why they didn't raise the shield and Shep didn't go splat.

Initial time travel trip
        Other planet (Present) -> Passed by Solar Flare -> Atlantis (+48,000 years)

Return time travel trip
        Atlantis (+48,700 years) -> Passed by Solar Flare -> Other Planet (Present)
        Other Planet (Present) -> Sends IDC so shield isn't raised -> Atlantis (Present)

Comment

No.

Return trip is more like.

Atlantis future. Gate si dialed, IDC is sent. ====> Solar Flare. Wormhole slingshots back. =====> Present day Atlantis,

Comment

Working...
          X