Zat Problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zat Problems!

Why is that when someone zats an object over and over it never disintegrates? There are numerous occasions where zat beams hit objects more than 2 times and you never see it happen except in the time travel episode where they destroy all their future items.

Originally posted by CoonerMortis View Post
    Why is that when someone zats an object over and over it never disintegrates? There are numerous occasions where zat beams hit objects more than 2 times and you never see it happen except in the time travel episode where they destroy all their future items.
    object size, biger= more blasts.

Comment

And beacuse if the producers did make every thing disenergrate they could have just shot zats at Anubis fleet

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-51D Mustang View Post
        And beacuse if the producers did make every thing disenergrate they could have just shot zats at Anubis fleet

Or the Ori , etc.
        The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
        Spoiler:
        Originally posted by Karhedron
        I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Or they could have come up with an explanation as to why a zat couldn't possibly make anything of a certain size, say that Unas in Thor's Hammer, and larger. anything as large as say a decent sized bear would be immune to the third blast.

That would be why they don't use zats against ships, at least in my own mind.

However the reason for not scaling them up to an anti-ship version probably has to do with range, we've never seen them used in any long range shots, only staffs have been used in those. So a zat cannon would have far less range than a comparable staff cannon.

Or there is the possibility that the Goa'uld never could figure out how to enlarge them. Or perhaps they removed the disappear feature from most zats as to prevent unwanted disappearances of themselves.

That's all that I can come up with at the moment.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
            object size, biger= more blasts.
            But then the Kull warriors?
            They dont have a bigger size then a normal human.
            Their armour protects the body inside from the energy but shouldnt the armour desintegrate then after three shots?

Comment

Originally posted by beire View Post
              But then the Kull warriors?
              They dont have a bigger size then a normal human.
              Their armour protects the body inside from the energy but shouldnt the armour desintegrate then after three shots?
              Plhawt hwle?

Or just energy absorbant armour.

Comment

Working...
              X