PDA

View Full Version : I felt sorry for Jack...

gkyun
March 8th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Granted Sam was only dead in an alternate timeline, but I couldn't even imagine the impact it had on everyone back on Earth like SG-1, Teal'c and especially Jack, I wondered how he'd deal with it...

Jumper_One
March 8th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Granted Sam was only dead in an alternate timeline, but I couldn't even imagine the impact it had on everyone back on Earth like SG-1, Teal'c and especially Jack, I wondered how he'd deal with it...

yeah me too. poor Jack! but I bet he was also proud of what she did, Jacob and Hammond too imo (ok I know Jacob's dead...)

reddevil18
March 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM
G[...]especially Jack, I wondered how he'd deal with it...Excessive drinking...Playing with his gun...Going on a suicide mission to P7X-333, the home of Cthulhu...

Jumper_One
March 8th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Excessive drinking...Playing with his gun...Going on a suicide mission to P7X-333, the home of Cthulhu...

LOL yeah maybe. was Sam thinking of him when it happened?

reddevil18
March 8th, 2008, 06:24 PM
LOL yeah maybe. was Sam thinking of him when it happened?
We may never know. But you can head on over to the "Sam's last words" thread and see what others believe she was thinking...and what she should have said...

VSS
March 8th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Well, to be honest I was pissed off at Jack for not either
a. Calling in the whole Atlantis expedition when the **** hit the fan. or
b. Sending her the resources she needed

but then the nice, gentle folk here at GW :p pointed out that he could either be retired or was overruled by the higher-ups at the Pentagon. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I think he'd be proud of her. Especially since she seemed to be bending the rules a little to do the right thing, if not outright disobeying orders. And he'd feel pretty guilty about her assignment out there. I would think he'd have a very hard time of it. If he hadn't retired by now, he would. Because, honestly, it was the IOA/military that got her killed- they did too little, too late. I think he'd be very bitter. They've given up a lot to save the world and this is the thanks they get.

I think Daniel would be drunk for days- on one six pack, of course.;)

Hammond would mourn her like a daughter.

Teal'c would miss her a lot- he's known her for longer than anyone.:(

Couldn't honestly say what Cam or Vala would do.

reddevil18
March 8th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Teal'c would miss her a lot- he's known her for longer than anyone.:(Not to mention the potential romance in Unending...;)

gkyun
March 8th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Hmmm come to think of it Jack might actually be the one who got Sam the Pheonix. If that was the case man how guilty and crushed he must have felt for having done that in the first place!

Jumper_One
March 8th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Well, to be honest I was pissed off at Jack for not either
a. Calling in the whole Atlantis expedition when the **** hit the fan. or
b. Sending her the resources she needed

but then the nice, gentle folk here at GW :p pointed out that he could either be retired or was overruled by the higher-ups at the Pentagon. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I think he'd be proud of her. Especially since she seemed to be bending the rules a little to do the right thing, if not outright disobeying orders. And he'd feel pretty guilty about her assignment out there. I would think he'd have a very hard time of it. If he hadn't retired by now, he would. Because, honestly, it was the IOA/military that got her killed- they did too little, too late. I think he'd be very bitter. They've given up a lot to save the world and this is the thanks they get.

I think Daniel would be drunk for days- on one six pack, of course.;)

Hammond would mourn her like a daughter.

Teal'c would miss her a lot- he's known her for longer than anyone.:(

Couldn't honestly say what Cam or Vala would do.

don't forget Cassie ;)

Not to mention the potential romance in Unending...;)

that depends on your interpretation of their scenes ;) also that timeline was erased but yeah Teal'c has the memories of whatever happened

reddevil18
March 8th, 2008, 07:05 PM
that depends on your interpretation of their scenes ;) also that timeline was erased but yeah Teal'c has the memories of whatever happenedThat's why I said "potential".;) And even if it's not romance, they certainly got very close to eachother. So, yeah, I think Teal'c would probably miss her just as much as Jack...Perhaps, even more than him.

Jumper_One
March 8th, 2008, 07:07 PM
That's why I said "potential".;) And even if it's not romance, they certainly got very close to eachother. So, yeah, I think Teal'c would probably miss her just as much as Jack...Perhaps, even more than him.

yeah well we'll never know

Pharaoh Atem
March 8th, 2008, 07:12 PM

well from the look on her face i'd saw she defenlty was thinking about someone
could be jack

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/P2J84/the-last-man467_jpg.jpg

reddevil18
March 8th, 2008, 07:14 PM
yeah well we'll never knowNever say never. Plenty of time to kill her again...;)

Jumper_One
March 8th, 2008, 07:18 PM
could be jack

I'd like to think it was him :)

Never say never. Plenty of time to kill her again...;)

LOL that's true but you I guess you know about s5 right? I guess this won't happen anytime soon

reddevil18
March 8th, 2008, 07:20 PM
LOL that's true but you I guess you know about s5 right? I guess this won't happen anytime soonWell, actually, killing a guest star is easier than a regular...;)

Jumper_One
March 8th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Well, actually, killing a guest star is easier than a regular...;)

true but we're talking about a regular (for 11 years!) that will appear in future movies ;) this is kinda OT :S

majorsal
March 8th, 2008, 07:39 PM

:danielanime07:

everyone of her friends would have been crushed, but jack... i could see him actually committing suicide. i know anti/non shippers won't, but for me, i could see this break him.

sally :(

reddevil18
March 8th, 2008, 07:42 PM
true but we're talking about a regular (for 11 years!) that will appear in future movies ;) this is kinda OT :S
Yeah, but I reckon they've got at least one good alternate timeline/universe story in 'em...;)

Jumper_One
March 8th, 2008, 07:44 PM
:danielanime07:

everyone of her friends would have been crushed, but jack... i could see him actually committing suicide. i know anti/non shippers won't, but for me, i could see this break him.

sally :(

yeah it'd be pretty awful :(

Yeah, but I reckon they've got at least one good alternate timeline/universe story in 'em...;)

only one? :D

reddevil18
March 8th, 2008, 07:45 PM
only one? :DToo much of a good thing, you know...;)

Jumper_One
March 8th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Too much of a good thing, you know...;)

yeah but still ;) I'm sure they'll be able to surprise us once again

EDIT: and I did it again... FoXz where are you? :P

L.A. Doyle
March 8th, 2008, 07:50 PM
could be jack

Oh...that gets me every time I see it. :(:(:( I definitely think she was thinking of home and those she loved...that this was it. That moment...*sniff*

Aurora24
March 8th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I was thinking about that too, when Rodney was telling John about Sam's funeral I was hoping for at least a brief mention. Something like "I saw General O'Neill there and he looked devastated." Just a brief comment like that would have been great.

P-90_177
March 8th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I was thinking about that too, when Rodney was telling John about Sam's funeral I was hoping for at least a brief mention. Something like "I saw General O'Neill there and he looked devastated." Just a brief comment like that would have been great.

Well may be not "...he looked devestated." But it certainly would have been cool to have him say something like "Sg-1 were there, Even Generals Hammond and O'Neill made an Appearence."

artbrann
March 8th, 2008, 10:54 PM
ya, something, anything mentioning Jack would have been nice

he looked _______

he committed suicide *x time frame* later

something

VSS
March 9th, 2008, 09:40 AM
ya, something, anything mentioning Jack would have been nice

he looked _______

he committed suicide *x time frame* later

something

They could have done that at a dozen points during Season 4 regarding Sam and Jack.
Why would this one be any different? In fact, given all the lines they had to cram in, I could see why they didn't.

Heck, Sam didn't even get any last words.

reddevil18
March 9th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Heck, Sam didn't even get any last words.Yup, but we here, on Gateworld, fixed that, didn't we? ;)

Jumper_One
March 9th, 2008, 12:51 PM
They could have done that at a dozen points during Season 4 regarding Sam and Jack.
Why would this one be any different? In fact, given all the lines they had to cram in, I could see why they didn't.

someone suggested that Rodney could've said something about her funeral and casually mention Jack. that would've been nice imo

true but I think the sequence wouldn't have been as powerful if she had said something

Yup, but we here, on Gateworld, fixed that, didn't we? ;)

indeed we did :P

artbrann
March 9th, 2008, 09:32 PM

there were snippets thru Season 4, the pics in her bag and office, the lines that were cut from Trio that JM posted in his blog...
it would have just been another snippet

but ya, skipped due to time limits would be my guess

VSS
March 9th, 2008, 09:36 PM
there were snippets thru Season 4, the pics in her bag and office, the lines that were cut from Trio that JM posted in his blog...
it would have just been another snippet

but ya, skipped due to time limits would be my guess

None of those things with the possible exception of the photo in the suitcase are even evident in the actual episodes.

But holding out a severed Wraith head is so much more meaningful, don't you think?;)

Zamboni
March 10th, 2008, 04:21 AM
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1903/samqt0.jpg

artbrann
March 10th, 2008, 06:07 AM
:lol: :love:

that wins :)

YutheGreat
March 10th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I kinda expected SG1 to go on the Warpath.

1. Teal'c would bring the entire Jaffa fleet to the Pegasus Galaxy and wipe out Michael. He would bring Thirty Thousand Jaffa warriors through the Pegasus Gate.

2. O'neil would commit the Earth defense forces into the battle.

3. Daniel would ascend kill Michael and get thrown back to our plain of existence.

reddevil18
March 10th, 2008, 08:01 AM

1. Teal'c would bring the entire Jaffa fleet to the Pegasus Galaxy and wipe out Michael. He would bring Thirty Thousand Jaffa warriors through the Pegasus Gate.

3. Daniel would ascend kill Michael and get thrown back to our plain of existence.

:lol: Yeah, one would think that would happen...

VSS
March 10th, 2008, 11:05 AM

Wow. I put a link to your post from the shipper thread.

Chocolatequeen
March 10th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Hmmm come to think of it Jack might actually be the one who got Sam the Pheonix. If that was the case man how guilty and crushed he must have felt for having done that in the first place!

Oh wow, my mind didn't even go that far. You're probably right. Sam wanted to stay and help, to fight, but the IOA and the military said no. I can't imagine Jack just abandoning her in another galaxy with no back-up, but what if the ship was all he could manage? Then she goes down with it... :(

aquagirl
March 10th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I think that Jack make sure that she gets the Phoenix and I think in the end he regrets not being there with her. :(

gkyun
March 10th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Yeah if there was anyone she could turn to, it had to be Jack.

jasminaGo
March 10th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Yeah if there was anyone she could turn to, it had to be Jack.

And that would be the hardest part for Jack to handle. He was the one who should've backed her up and helped her, but he wasn't enough. He's always felt responsible for those under his command, and not being able to help, especially Sam will be to much for him to take.

artbrann
March 10th, 2008, 01:57 PM

:lol: Yeah, one would think that would happen...
how do we know that it didn't, and thats part of the issue with the MW now(err future mk I )?
the Ha'taks don't have the hyperdrives to get there quick enough
that leaves the jaffa as ground troops, therefor at a disadvantage(no air support, no way to hurt the cruisers/hives)
sure the jaffa are stubborn enough to make a go of it, but when whiped out from space it's a bit meh
that leaves the 3 DSC-304s we have remaining(Odyssey, Apollo, Daedalus), if they fight solo sooner or later they will all get ambushed... the Ody would be the toughest to crack with the ZPM but still ...

the loss of 4! 304's would be bad for the Stargate program and any hope for Pegasus, nevermind the implications of the loss of our home defenses

reddevil18
March 10th, 2008, 02:01 PM
how do we know that it didn't, and thats part of the issue with the MW now(err future mk I )?
the Ha'taks don't have the hyperdrives to get there quick enough
that leaves the jaffa as ground troops, therefor at a disadvantage(no air support, no way to hurt the cruisers/hives)
sure the jaffa are stubborn enough to make a go of it, but when whiped out from space it's a bit meh
that leaves the 3 DSC-304s we have remaining(Odyssey, Apollo, Daedalus), if they fight solo sooner or later they will all get ambushed... the Ody would be the toughest to crack with the ZPM but still ...

the loss of 4! 304's would be bad for the Stargate program and any hope for Pegasus, nevermind the implications of the loss of our home defensesWe know that didn't happen because, once the Phoenix was lost, the IOA essentially decided to limit any and all PG activity to Atlantis, with one ship guarding the city, the other going back and forth between the galaxies, with the Oddy in the MW at all times. What's wrong with Earth in the future is the US becoming a fascist regime.

helenmagnus23
March 11th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by YutheGreat

1. Jaffa Revenge :tealcanime51:
2. :jack_new_anime25:
3. :daniel09:
4. :wraith32:

Micheal would indeed suffer greatly at the hands of Teal'c,Jack,Daniel,Shepperd,Rodney,Ronan & the full force of Earth and Atlantis :wraith32:

It would be really hard on boath Jack and Teal'c as they are realy close to Sam though Sam cant remeber what happened on the Odessy teal'c has those memmories and i feel i her final moments she was thinking about Jack .

Jumper_One
March 11th, 2008, 12:16 PM
1. Jaffa Revenge :tealcanime51:
2. :jack_new_anime25:
3. :daniel09:
4. :wraith32:

Micheal would indeed suffer greatly at the hands of Teal'c,Jack,Daniel,Shepperd,Rodney,Ronan & the full force of Earth and Atlantis :wraith32:

:indeed:

It would be really hard on boath Jack and Teal'c as they are realy close to Sam

don't forget Daniel, they're like brother and sister imo

though Sam cant remeber what happened on the Odessy teal'c has those memmories

well we don't know what exactly happened in that AT and Sam can't remember anyway

and i feel i her final moments she was thinking about Jack .

you may be right :)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/420%20The%20Last%20Man/TLM16.png
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/420%20The%20Last%20Man/TLM17.png
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/420%20The%20Last%20Man/TLM18.png
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGA/420%20The%20Last%20Man/TLM19.png

helenmagnus23
March 15th, 2008, 06:35 AM
I wrote a little fic it's set before Sam head's out into battle
TLM, SHORT FIC
Sam/Jack , Sam/McKay

TLM , short storie

One afternoon McKay was beamed onto the pheonix Sam was already onboard she greeted him on the bridge ,McKay had his computer ready Sam showed McKay to the engineroom and to the systems that hr needed to check , while McKay checked the systems Sam checked the crystals
Sam the ship has been checked and we are ready to go
Go ahead get into position i'll join you shortly
Will do goodluck Sam
Goodluck John ,Good luck Ronan ,Todd
Thankyou colonel
The ships went into hyperspace Sam and McKay finished there system checks Sam closed the crystal pannel she stood up Mckay looked at her , they looked at each other just then
Colonel we have recived word from colonel Sheppered they are in position and awaiting your order 'sThankyou loutenant
So i guess we should head back to Atlantis
Rodney you are going back to Atlantis they need you there
But Sam
Your place is there mine is out there
Sam your tiered you need rest
That can wait this is our only chance at stopping Micheal , we cant let him get a hold on this galaxy I know that but we need you on Atlantis SamYou will be fine Rodney ,Major Lorne will be in command in my absenceGreat mr dependable! Sam please come back with me ?My place is here fighting alongside everyone else Sam saw hurt and sadness in McKay's eye's he went to leave Sam grabbed his arm McKay stopped he turned and faced her he tolk her hand's in his
Rodney
Sam saw the sadness in his eye's McKay looked at there hands then he looked at Sam again
Colonel the enemy hives are almost in positon
Tell our people to arm weapons
Yes ma'm
Before Sam and McKay left the engineroom Sam leand forward and kissed Rodney sensuly and lovingly he kissed her back as they kissed Sam sliped something into his hand soon they stopped they looked into eachother's eye's
Tell me this isnt goodbye Sam
It's not goodbye Rodney it's goodluck
Sam let go of his hands they left the engineroom they went to the bridege they said there goodbye's and goodluck on there misson's then McKay hugged Sam she hugged him back after McKay was beamed back into Atlantis he stood in the controlroom in his hand he held a letter he looked at the letter she had slipped him it was adressed to
General Jack O'Neaill

I hope it's okay :)

silly sally
March 15th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Why didn't Teal'c, Daniel and Vala come to help Sam fight Michael? Cam and Jack are AF and have to follow orders, but the other 3 should have helped her :(

Amalthea
March 15th, 2008, 08:14 AM
She new that she was likely going to die, though. I mean, she hugged Rodney. It was a suicide mission every step of the way and she knew that. It just took a little while and she took a lot of Wraith with her. I was so proud! And HoloRodney obviously was too. No doubt Jack was too and he was expecting it. They would have had a goodbye that Rodney wouldn't have been privy to, I think.

Demerzel
March 15th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I wrote a little fic it's set before Sam head's out into battle
TLM, SHORT FIC
Sam/Jack , Sam/McKay

TLM , short storie

One afternoon McKay was beamed onto the pheonix Sam was already onboard she greeted him on the bridge ,McKay had his computer ready Sam showed McKay to the engineroom and to the systems that hr needed to check , while McKay checked the systems Sam checked the crystals
Sam the ship has been checked and we are ready to go
Go ahead get into position i'll join you shortly
Will do goodluck Sam
Goodluck John ,Good luck Ronan ,Todd
Thankyou colonel
The ships went into hyperspace Sam and McKay finished there system checks Sam closed the crystal pannel she stood up Mckay looked at her , they looked at each other just then
Colonel we have recived word from colonel Sheppered they are in position and awaiting your order 'sThankyou loutenant
So i guess we should head back to Atlantis
Rodney you are going back to Atlantis they need you there
But Sam
Your place is there mine is out there
Sam your tiered you need rest
That can wait this is our only chance at stopping Micheal , we cant let him get a hold on this galaxy I know that but we need you on Atlantis SamYou will be fine Rodney ,Major Lorne will be in command in my absenceGreat mr dependable! Sam please come back with me ?My place is here fighting alongside everyone else Sam saw hurt and sadness in McKay's eye's he went to leave Sam grabbed his arm McKay stopped he turned and faced her he tolk her hand's in his
Rodney
Sam saw the sadness in his eye's McKay looked at there hands then he looked at Sam again
Colonel the enemy hives are almost in positon
Tell our people to arm weapons
Yes ma'm
Before Sam and McKay left the engineroom Sam leand forward and kissed Rodney sensuly and lovingly he kissed her back as they kissed Sam sliped something into his hand soon they stopped they looked into eachother's eye's
Tell me this isnt goodbye Sam
It's not goodbye Rodney it's goodluck
Sam let go of his hands they left the engineroom they went to the bridege they said there goodbye's and goodluck on there misson's then McKay hugged Sam she hugged him back after McKay was beamed back into Atlantis he stood in the controlroom in his hand he held a letter he looked at the letter she had slipped him it was adressed to
General Jack O'Neaill

I hope it's okay :)

I...hum...puked a little, sorry. >.>

Mitchell82
March 15th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I...hum...puked a little, sorry. >.>

So did I mainly about the Rodney part.:S

Demerzel
March 15th, 2008, 04:15 PM
So did I mainly about the Rodney part.:S

Exactly the same for me. That's just not Sam's style anyway.