How old is Sheppard now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old is Sheppard now?

We know that you age inside ancient stasis pods, and we know that Shep spent 700 years inside a pod. I think we can make some good guestimations based on the timeframe from before i sleep.

Beckett said weir was about a hundred years old after spending 10,000 years inside a stasis pod. Assuming she was 45-50 years old going in that makes a ratio of 50 years of aging for every 10k years.

Assuming Sheppard is 30-35ish, that makes him what...3 years older? 4?

Just curious if any math guru can crunch the numbers.

edit: lawl someone posted a similar thread, merge with them pls lol

Oh no, Shep's over 40, last I checked (that's based on JF's actual age, anyway...I think).

I'd say, he's the same age he should be by now, since he got a bit younger in Common Ground.

Seriously though, I always saw Torri as hovering around 40, maybe less. 60/10000 = x/700, x = 4.2 years. Not too much.

Comment

where's PG15?

EDIT: ah there you are
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Where did you get those arbitrary numbers from?

Torri Higginson (Elizabeth) turns 39 this year. Joe Flanigan turns 41. Elizabeth also went into statis 3 1/5 years ago at around 35-36 of age.

But PG15 is right, let's just say he's the "right" age now. He got younger in "Common Ground" so now he's back to how old he should be.

Comment

If Sheppard was around 40 when he went in then he would now be around 740 years old. His aging was slowed right down so he doesn't appear much older, but he was still there for 700 years. Being in stasis doesn't mean you miss out on birthdays
          sigpic

Comment

At last we have a main cast member older than Teal'c lol
            Duet

"... because of Doctor Fumbles McStupid over here!"

Conversion
            "Enjoy the ride Colonel their making me walk."
            "You've got a splinter Rodney!"

Comment

If we go by actors real age, JF is 40 something
              So, 740 years old
              If he stayed in the stasischamber for 700 years
              I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Well if you remember when shep first met Todd, Todd stole his life force and then gave it back...

Rodney said, " You even look a few years younger..."

So really he's probably his true age now... (if you don't count the stasis as adding 700 years)

Comment

At the time I post this the actor Joe Flanigan is 41. If you add on the years he spent in stasis he would be 741 years old. Granted... He gained some youth back from Todd befor the epissode he went into stasis, but that does not take away from his life experience, or the fact that he was born on a certain year. (1967)
                  I'm not angry.... I'm just a bit testy!

Comment

Working...
                  X