• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoiding Ambushes 101

Dear movie heroes who just happen to own a ship fitted with:
    1) Cloaking technology
    2) Long range sensors
    Yes, I'm talking about you,

You just have to get out of hyperspace cloaked and use the long range sensors to pick up the FREAKING 11KM WRAITH HIVES!
    sigpic
    Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

1) Only the Odessey has cloaking technology, cause you need a ZPM for that.

2) Long range sensors don't work in hyperspace (that's why they were making jumps with the Apollo in Lifeline when they were looking for Atlantis)
    sigpic

Comment

take a jumper in stealth mode to take a look see
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Eventually all 304s will likely have cloaking abilities, however not now.

Why? Mainly due to the power source.

Rodney was talking about a Mark 12 Naq generator...

Earth a few decades from now looks really advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
          Eventually all 304s will likely have cloaking abilities, however not now.

Why? Mainly due to the power source.

Rodney was talking about a Mark 12 Naq generator...

Earth a few decades from now looks really advanced.
          If Sam had that mark 12 gen. the battles would have ended differently
          sigpic

Comment

2) Long range sensors don't work in hyperspace (that's why they were making jumps with the Apollo in Lifeline when they were looking for Atlantis)
            Yes, that's why they should jump out of Hyperspace a couple of million kms away from the destination, just to spy around
            sigpic
            Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

The key to a good ambush is to make it so your enemy doesn't see it coming.

It was weird how close the Phoenix came out of hyperspace to the planet. I thought for sure it would start to glow from friction against the outer atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                1) Only the Odessey has cloaking technology, cause you need a ZPM for that.

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
                Yes, that's why they should jump out of Hyperspace a couple of million kms away from the destination, just to spy around
                I believe time was a factor in this case.

Originally posted by SP90 View Post
                It was weird how close the Phoenix came out of hyperspace to the planet. I thought for sure it would start to glow from friction against the outer atmosphere.
                One word.... Perspective
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Working...
                X