Ancients and their next evolution - not so different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients and their next evolution - not so different

Ancients and their next evolution, not so different after all ...

So, in the beginning there were ancients. Ancients accidentally created the wraith, fought a war and lost. Tucked tail and ran back home to another galaxy safe from the wraith. Left their accident/wraith to harm those innocent and unable to protect themselves.

Next evolution, humans find the ancient city of Atlantis. Begin messing with the balance in another galaxy. Intentionally experiment on a wraith, Michael, which goes horribly wrong and in essence is a huge accident/mistake. This groups mistakes has deep ramifications on a galaxy that is not their home. Unable to contain their accident, lose war, tuck tail and run home. Leaving their accident/Michael to harm those innocent and unable to protect themselves.

…is there any difference between those they condemned, the ancients, and themselves? A touch of hypocrisy?

Of course it's an alternate time line, but one that did occur and play out. Whose to say it would turn out any differently with or without Sheppard if Michael still succeeded in obtaining Teyla’s baby and perfecting his method of madness.

I think its credible to say that. After all, humans are merely Ancients without the physiological advancements (including the gene) and technology.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I guess you're right. Experimenting on Michael was always a gray area between right and wrong. The humans are starting to act more and more like the Ancients, thinking that as long as they get results they can justify the means without really considering the consequences.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post
        Ancients and their next evolution, not so different after all ...

So, in the beginning there were ancients. Ancients accidentally created the wraith, fought a war and lost. Tucked tail and ran back home to another galaxy safe from the wraith. Left their accident/wraith to harm those innocent and unable to protect themselves.

Next evolution, humans find the ancient city of Atlantis. Begin messing with the balance in another galaxy. Intentionally experiment on a wraith, Michael, which goes horribly wrong and in essence is a huge accident/mistake. This groups mistakes has deep ramifications on a galaxy that is not their home. Unable to contain their accident, lose war, tuck tail and run home. Leaving their accident/Michael to harm those innocent and unable to protect themselves.

…is there any difference between those they condemned, the ancients, and themselves? A touch of hypocrisy?

Of course it's an alternate time line, but one that did occur and play out. Whose to say it would turn out any differently with or without Sheppard if Michael still succeeded in obtaining Teyla’s baby and perfecting his method of madness.
        You know, in all my time debating about how humans are no better than the Ancients, I never thought to mention Michael. Green for you!
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

there is a bit of difference though

the ancients made the wraith by accident
          we made Michael on purpose

when the ancients left the humans were still alive, and even had civilizations and a few generations of peace between Wraith hibernation periods

when we left, they were completely exterminated

overall, I'd say the ancients did better

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post

Not really. They wanted to turn him permanently into a human. But "by accident" they created a hybrid.

Comment

Originally posted by Corgano View Post
              Not really. They wanted to turn him permanently into a human. But "by accident" they created a hybrid.
              Still an intentional experiment though
              Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
              Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

when the ancients left the humans were still alive, and even had civilizations and a few generations of peace between Wraith hibernation periods

But the Ancients created the Replicators how killed hundreds of thousands of humans.

Off course, we're the one who turned them on.

So you're right, they did better.
                sigpic

Comment

Naw the Wraith had taken every planet they said. There was likely barely anyone left alive. After they war they realized they better stop and go to sleep or their food supply would end.

Comment

I always thought they did not create the wraith but allow them evolve from the Iratus bug. They had no reason to make the wraith.

We tried and succeeded in making Michael.

They created the replicators but they tried to put a stop to them.

We reactivated the replicators and stopped them, but we made Michael and only 1 person and their ship made an effort to stop him, the Tauri as a whole did not want to expend their resources to correct their mistake.

They left when it looked like they were the only people able to fight.

We may have left when there were still some humans around, but we would have had the capacity to take Michael down. In 25 years we could have built a fleet of 304s and some 305s that would have matched Michael's fleet of hives in number and exceeded them in individual strength.

IMO human kind in general is WORSE than the Ancients.
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

The Ancients did not create the wraith afaik.
                      Some poor ancient got eaten by an Iratus bug who then assimilated his DNA.
                      sigpic
                      Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                        IMO human kind in general is WORSE than the Ancients.
                        Possibly.

However, I think they are equally the same still. I can understand the "non-interference" policy that the ascended ancients have, but I think that once they initially ascended they had an obligation to right some of their wrongs.

For example, once ascended, they should have been able to solve the wraith issue. They are the ones that "seeded" the Pegasus Galaxy and they are the ones who failed to protect, in essence, their children. They allowed a big bad monster to devour them and tucked tail and ran. Why not take care of something of their own doing once they reached the ability to do so.

Their interference should be limited to something like the above. Should they interfere when the SG team ticked off the replicators, another one of their creations, and re-wrote their base code. Big fat "no". In this case, the replicators were minding their own business and basically secluded and not harming anyone.

So, I still think they are equal in their screw-ups and running. They did not intentionally create the wraith, but it was their negligence that contributed to their creation. I would think that they had an obligation to the worlds they seeded to protect them. The SG team never intended to create a monster in Michael, but that's exactly what happen through their carelessness in carrying out the experiment. Both groups are running from their mistakes and allowing innocent cultures to be the victims.

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post
                          Possibly.

However, I think they are equally the same still. I can understand the "non-interference" policy that the ascended ancients have, but I think that once they initially ascended they had an obligation to right some of their wrongs.

For example, once ascended, they should have been able to solve the wraith issue. They are the ones that "seeded" the Pegasus Galaxy and they are the ones who failed to protect, in essence, their children. They allowed a big bad monster to devour them and tucked tail and ran. Why not take care of something of their own doing once they reached the ability to do so.

Their interference should be limited to something like the above. Should they interfere when the SG team ticked off the replicators, another one of their creations, and re-wrote their base code. Big fat "no". In this case, the replicators were minding their own business and basically secluded and not harming anyone.

So, I still think they are equal in their screw-ups and running. They did not intentionally create the wraith, but it was their negligence that contributed to their creation. I would think that they had an obligation to the worlds they seeded to protect them. The SG team never intended to create a monster in Michael, but that's exactly what happen through their carelessness in carrying out the experiment. Both groups are running from their mistakes and allowing innocent cultures to be the victims.

The Ancients refuse to interfere in fear that they will be worshipped and start gaining power and end up just like the Ori. They likely fear they won't be able to withstand the temptation once they have a taste of that power.

Comment

Some peoples do worship the Ancients. Athosians, Daganians, Sodan, possibly others. Proculans worship Athar.

Comment

Ancients came along, made a some fatal mistakes. Fled.

Humans came along, made the fatal mistakes even worse...

Also, by destroying the Asurans, it removed one of the only Superpowers against the Wraith/ Michael. We disrupted the balance!

Comment

Working...
                              X