Nukes anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nukes anyone?

Okay, so WTH is up with our missiles? We see them definately impact the hive, but there's no nuclear explosion? I would like to call a major BS on part of the writers.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
    Okay, so WTH is up with our missiles? We see them definately impact the hive, but there's no nuclear explosion? I would like to call a major BS on part of the writers.
    This should be in "The Last Man" folder...

Anyway, we don't know if they were nukes or not; Michael could have upgraded the armor on his hives or something. This is in the future. And a scenario I find more likely is that the Phoenix didn't have any nukes (remember, the IOA was reluctant to give Carter anything at all by this point).
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

i 2 doubt if it were nuks
      Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

and you think every missile a 304 carries has a nuke on it? That would be insane and stupid to boot.

We don't always want to nuke everything! What if we want take out a small target, or just take out engines on an Al'kesh?

besides the fact that nukes are a tad expensive. I could see having a dozen nukes at most available and they shot those off in a hurry so just fired what they had in the tubes basically.

Comment

i have a question about the nukes being used in combat. We can't transport them in a hive anymore, but cant we transport them lik a few 100 meters at their side? They will stil cause major damage. Why don't we use this tactic?

Comment

Originally posted by ffstbh View Post
            i have a question about the nukes being used in combat. We can't transport them in a hive anymore, but cant we transport them lik a few 100 meters at their side? They will stil cause major damage. Why don't we use this tactic?
            1. the jaming field extends outside the hull

2. they won't due nearly as much damage, as thre is no medium in space to conduct the explosion, most damage from nukes is actualy caused by the shockwave. there is no air in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              2. they won't due nearly as much damage, as thre is no medium in space to conduct the explosion, most damage from nukes is actualy caused by the shockwave. there is no air in space.

oke that makes sence, didn't think of it that way. So the explosions in SGA (in space) are bs?
              Spoiler:
              I mean even in "the last man" we saw 2 hives getting blown up by the shcokwave of one exploding afthere the impact of the phoenix

Comment

Originally posted by ffstbh View Post
                oke that makes sence, didn't think of it that way. So the explosions in SGA (in space) are bs?
                Spoiler:
                I mean even in "the last man" we saw 2 hives getting blown up by the shcokwave of one exploding afthere the impact of the phoenix
                Incontovertebly, doubtesly, most definetly yes.

Comment

I think they were probably were nukes. Its just that in space most of the damage from nukes is caused by radiation. I wouldn't even bother firing standard missiles are Hives, they'd do nothing...
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                    I think they were probably were nukes. Its just that in space most of the damage from nukes is caused by radiation. I wouldn't even bother firing standard missiles are Hives, they'd do nothing...
                    There's always frag missles.
                    If teh wirhgters kmes anyhting baout science they would have long ago replaced the contact nukes with bomb pumped lasers.

Comment

well, america has a ton of nukes. they shouldve destroyed half of them or so, but america just deactivates them.... so, in order to get rid of the nukes[because of the nuke treaty], just outfit the 304's with nukes that are supposed to be destroyed

Comment

Or as it looked like, the missiles were intercepted before they could impact. Nukes don't detonate on impact, they have to be armed, then detonated through their trigger mechanism.
                        When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                        Zatnikitelman

Comment

How do we know they weren't nuclear explosions?

Comment

well it might be the absense of an INSANE EXPLOSION, DUUUUUUUUUUHHH
                            SUCK IT P90

hes shooting bunnies so cute give him a G36 and he'll be shooting bears

Comment

Originally posted by LTCOLHOMER View Post
                              well it might be the absense of an INSANE EXPLOSION, DUUUUUUUUUUHHH
                              Let me put it this way: you blink and you'll miss a nuke going off in space.

Comment

Working...
                              X