Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ancients and Samantha...

Spoiler:
    So we all know Samantha sacrificed herself and brought down 3 hives with her... but, why didn't she get ascended? Why didn't anyone of the SG-1 Team get ascended? Seriously, it seems like the ancients are *******s. SG-1 just saved them from the Ori and the teams of Atlantis is taking up their battle against the wraith. Evil i say!

They believe ascension is something you should achieve on your own, only Oma thought that extraordinary individuals should be helped up (and the Others ended up being right, Anubis here being case-en-point). Therefore, they would raise up Sam just because she wasa good person.

And besides, the Wraith and Ori weren't really their fight anymore; they fought the Wraith 10,000 years ago for 100 years and lost. You can hardly blame them for not doing more considering they'd already sacrificed almost their entire race to defend the humans.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Why would they ascend her?

Despite us saving their collective butts from the Ori, they still sit up in their towers not interfering so as not to turn into the Ori.

Besides Omas busy fighting Anubus and I doubt she would bother ascending any member of SG-1 given how well Daniel took to it.
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Celleye View Post
        Spoiler:
        So we all know Samantha sacrificed herself and brought down 3 hives with her... but, why didn't she get ascended? Why didn't anyone of the SG-1 Team get ascended? Seriously, it seems like the ancients are *******s. SG-1 just saved them from the Ori and the teams of Atlantis is taking up their battle against the wraith. Evil i say!
        we only saw the Phoenix crasing into the hive and taking out the other 2, but what maybe happening simultaneously inside the ship maybe the tentacles of the ancients ascending Carter.

Comment

Very valid points, but i think rules should be bent sometimes. Maybe i just felt sad that no one of either SG-1 or Atlantis was alive or ascended =(.

Comment

She should have been ascended. The Ancinets can find someone worty as a collective and help them ascend. And who is more worthy then Sam? Seriously.

Maybe she did ascend, but Rodney didn't know about it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              She should have been ascended. The Ancinets can find someone worty as a collective and help them ascend. And who is more worthy then Sam? Seriously.

Maybe she did ascend, but Rodney didn't know about it.
              The question then comes down to... why didn't she de-ascend? We know for a fact Ancients can re-take human form. She could've been ascended, and then quickly re-taken human form, in which case she would still be in command of Atlantis, and not Woolsey.

Comment

Originally posted by darkthunder84 View Post
                The question then comes down to... why didn't she de-ascend? We know for a fact Ancients can re-take human form. She could've been ascended, and then quickly re-taken human form, in which case she would still be in command of Atlantis, and not Woolsey.
                Good point. Maybe the Ancients didn't let her, or maybe she accepted the fact that her time is over and someone else should continue the fight.
                sigpic

Comment

First you have to be worthy of ascension...

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                    We already talked about that, if Sam isn't worthy then no one is.

IMO
                    sigpic

Comment

I think SG-1 and the teams of Atlantis are as worthy as you can get.

Comment

Sam is the last one to deserve ascension.

Comment

I think we got a hater. :O

Comment

Sam is the last one to deserve ascension.
                            What????
                            sigpic

Comment

I see no reason why Ancients should have ascended her. It was DAniel who destroyed the Ori and he was there, when Adria was "killed". Sam did nothing. She was playing with replicators aboard the Odyssey
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X