Blast waves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blast waves

Did you realize that TPTB use blast waves only when they need them? When two hive ships were firing upon each other and exploded, there weren't any blast waves? And when Sam rammed one of the hives there was miraculously blast wave which destroy remaining hives. Before that there were two hives firing upon each other in "Seer"...blast wave which destroyed other hive ship.

it's silly.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    Did you realize that TPTB use blast waves only when they need them? When two hive ships were firing upon each other and exploded, there weren't any blast waves? And when Sam rammed one of the hives there was miraculously blast wave which destroy remaining hives. Before that there were two hives firing upon each other in "Seer"...blast wave which destroyed other hive ship.

it's silly.
    I can't believe I'm actually gonna give an explanation to a plot hole but it makes sense that depending on how the ship is destroyed (for example how systems like power sources, hyperdrives might react to the attack) the consequences might be different (although I don't think TPTB or the cgi crew thought about this)

In their defense I gotta say that the other hives weren't destroyed until debris hit them

Comment

First plot hole: Asgard weapons take out uber fast by the Hives???

Other wise there would be a cool battle: Phoenix manages to destroy the 3 Hives with the beams, but suffered so much damage it explodes...

They obviously wanted Carter to go out as a Hero and with a massive bang.

Comment

Spoiler:
        I did find it slightly odd that the Phoenix was taken out so quickly. I guess with the ambush and not being able to maneuver, coupled with the fact that the crew were caught off guard meant the first few hits really did the damage the the Phoenix was doomed before she even fired a shot.

Still makes a pleasant change to actually see missiles fired from an Earth ship impact a Wraith hive and not just get intercepted by a dart.

As for the blast wave, well the Phoenix's hyperdrive was on the verge of overload so I imagine that would've added to the explosive force.
        ~*+*~nEvEr ArGuE WiTh aN iDiOt - ThEy WiLL jUsT dRaG yOu DoWn To ThEiR LeVeL aNd BeAt YoU WiTh ExPeRiEnCe~*+*~

Comment

I think the blast waves were the result of the hyperdrive exploding in conjunction with the collision of the phoenix with a Wraith hive ship.

Comment

The other Hives were taken out as a result of the debris hitting them.
            The blast wave was cause by the overload in the hyperdrive systems and only serves to weaken the Wraith ships, not destroy them.
            The Phoenix wasn't completed yet and the shields are still active in parts of the ship when it crashes. If Sam had not crashed it the hyperdrive would have exploded taking none of the hives with it.

Comment

I would imgaine engines contain very explodey parts. If you hit the engines full of their energetic parts u get a huge explosion, if you shoot the mess hall you get a hole. Same thing for weapons. In fact i would aim for the weapons first because engines have radiation shielding (or should)

Comment

that blast wave would of forced lots of energy through the hives and then maybe overload systems or secondary explosions which would cause the ships to explode

my theory of course
                sigpic

Comment

i think the explosions only come when something goes critical and blows its top, this one the phoenix's hyperdrive, the hive, well i dont know.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

she rammed an overloading ship into an impotsint looking part of another ship a big explosion isnt unlikely

and hives are 11km long thats alot of debris

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

The hyperdrive prometheus had was enough to turn nevada into a crater if it overloaded (Prometheus), i guess the intergalactic hyperdrive has even more power in it so it should have been bigger..
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

YOU ARE ALL WRONG!!! (warning, political incorrectness follows)

That blast wave was not the result of any "hyperdrive" or "overload" or "plot hole cahooey"!!!

It was generated by Sam!!! When she was host to the Tok'ra a small amount of nahquda was introduced into her bloodstream. This coupled with the frequent trips through stargates, which are also made from nahquda, means she is loaded with the element.

And as I'm sure all of you remember from the movie "Stargate", when you introduce raw nahquda to any explosion, it'll not only enhance the explosion 100 fold, it will also produce a ring shaped shockwave (seriously, watch the ending of the movie, there's a giant donut flying out of Ra's ship).

That's the REAL REASON why there's a blast wave when Sam exploded.

Also, that's the reason why she stayed behind... She's like a suicide bomber, except she took down three things, not two... Well four if you count the Pheonix, but personally I just attribute that to her bad driving, you know, what with her being a woman and a blonde...

Comment

Working...
                        X