PDA

View Full Version : One of the best Season finales ever!!!( Spoilers)

Briangate78
March 8th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Why?

It was different. They took an SG-1 concept and made it their own. The whole point of Sheppard being shot in the future will likely be the reason they can defeat or stop Michael. It makes it more passionate about seeing Michael defeated. He is one of the best bad guys in the longest time of the SG series.

The hologram Mckay telling the story of what happened was enough to send the strongest man into tears. It just made is so powerful and you are anticipating Sheppard to return to save the day and change this horrible time-line. I love how they made Teyla and her baby so important to the fate of the galaxy, truly brilliant.

I thought the episode would air with Sheppard still stuck 40,000 years into the future. I loved how he returned, set on the mission, and when they get to the place where Michael will bring Teyla, BAM the building collaspses.

Thank goodness we will only have to wait like 3 or 4 months for the conclusion. I see a bright future for Atlantis if they keep writing eps like this.

Pharaoh Atem
March 8th, 2008, 07:01 AM
i loved that Micheal got to be so dominant ...i mean we made him and now he takes over the Pegasus galaxy :eek:

last man showed just how deep the story telling can be if the writers try hard enough :)

Briangate78
March 8th, 2008, 07:03 AM
i loved that Micheal got to be so dominant ...i mean we made him and now he takes over the Pegasus galaxy :eek:

last man showed just how deep the story telling can be if the writers try hard enough :)

Dude, my favorite line...

Michael: You know what is ironic? I never asked for any of this.

The_Carpenter
March 8th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Why?

It was different. They took an SG-1 concept and made it their own. The whole point of Sheppard being shot in the future will likely be the reason they can defeat or stop Michael. It makes it more passionate about seeing Michael defeated. He is one of the best bad guys in the longest time of the SG series.

The hologram Mckay telling the story of what happened was enough to send the strongest man into tears. It just made is so powerful and you are anticipating Sheppard to return to save the day and change this horrible time-line. I love how they made Teyla and her baby so important to the fate of the galaxy, truly brilliant.

I thought the episode would air with Sheppard still stuck 40,000 years into the future. I loved how he returned, set on the mission, and when they get to the place where Michael will bring Teyla, BAM the building collaspses.

Thank goodness we will only have to wait like 3 or 4 months for the conclusion. I see a bright future for Atlantis if they keep writing eps like this.

Indeed, the DH did an excellent job when McKay was recalling what happened, the delivery on "and then we buried another empty casket" was heart wrenching.

Roll on Season 5

:indeed: looks like team Atlantis have another guilt trip coming first the replicators decide to destroy human worlds and now Michael is converting some into hybrids and killing the rest.

cabouse18
March 8th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Out of all the season finales, including SG-1, this has to be one of, if not the best finale!!

Dude, my favorite line...

Michael: You know what is ironic? I never asked for any of this.

Oh without a doubt....we all know the only reason Michael is doing any of this is b/c he is pissed at both sides for screwing with him.

Briangate78
March 8th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Indeed, the DH did an excellent job when McKay was recalling what happened, the delivery so "and then we buried another empty casket" was heart wrenching.

Roll on Season 5

:indeed: looks like team Atlantis have another guilt trip coming first the replicators decide to destroy human worlds and now Michael is converting some into hybrids and killing the rest.

When I saw Teyla dead on the floor. I was screaming in my mind for Sheppard to get back to his time and save the day. :p

Out of all the season finales, including SG-1, this has to be one of, if not the best finale!!

Oh without a doubt....we all know the only reason Michael is doing any of this is b/c he is pissed at both sides for screwing with him.

Michael is truly one of the most dynamic and complexed enemies of SGA.

SGFerrit
March 8th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Michael is truly one of the most dynamic and complexed enemies of SGA.

Totally agree there:)

Jaffa Teal'c
March 8th, 2008, 07:55 AM
the best season finale ever

Celleye
March 8th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Indeed, the best season finale EVER.

Briangate78
Totally agree there:)

Michael is truly a 3D kinda character.

the best season finale ever

I am still debating if it tops the Seige. I would have to watch both eps over again to make a better comparison.

metabog
This thread is right above "The Worst Finale Ever" thread. :D just thought I should point out how we are once again divided as fans.

The_Carpenter
March 8th, 2008, 07:58 AM
This thread is right above "The Worst Finale Ever" thread. :D just thought I should point out how we are once again divided as fans.
When are we not? to be honest

Though its not a bad thing as long as things dont get outta hand

Briangate78
March 8th, 2008, 08:07 AM

I did not care for the title of the thread. So I made a new one! ;) The mods can merge this but it needs a universal title, imo.

Ltcolshepjumper
March 8th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Truly the best non-action season finale ever. It's right up there with The Siege pt II. I say they are both just as good. The Siege for it's action, and The Last Man for its surprising depth of story.

Briangate78
March 8th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Truly the best non-action season finale ever. It's right up there with The Siege pt II. I say they are both just as good. The Siege for it's action, and The Last Man for its surprising depth of story.

It just goes to show that you don't need an epic space battle or ground battle to have an amazing season finale.

Pharaoh Atem
March 8th, 2008, 08:24 AM
It just goes to show that you don't need an epic space battle or ground battle to have an amazing season finale.

last man really focused on the characters and the story .....it was a great balance :)

Briangate78
March 8th, 2008, 08:30 AM
last man really focused on the characters and the story .....it was a great balance :)

It was the fuel for the fire already started. Now they have a mission and the direction, while Sheppard has a motivation due to what Rodney told him what happened in the alternate time-line.

Pharaoh Atem
March 8th, 2008, 08:32 AM
It was the fuel for the fire already started. Now they have a mission and the direction, while Sheppard has a motivation due to what Rodney told him what happened in the alternate time-line.

something the show didn't have before .....a direction no motivation. and i agree now the character have something to fight for a reason to step through that gate

Briangate78
March 8th, 2008, 08:37 AM
something the show didn't have before .....a direction no motivation. and i agree now the character have something to fight for a reason to step through that gate

The beauty of this, is that the Alternate time-line can still become the reality time-line, if they don't get to Teyla in time. That is what makes it so exciting. They are not out of the woods yet.

Pharaoh Atem
March 8th, 2008, 08:41 AM
The beauty of this, is that the Alternate time-line can still become the reality time-line, if they don't get to Teyla in time. That is what makes it so exciting. They are not out of the woods yet.

but thanks to rodney ......the team had a head up a flashlight so to speak

sg-1 from the binging
March 8th, 2008, 08:45 AM
it wos good but to say it wos the best in all the SG i don't now sg-1 had sum good one and the seige 1-2 are good. so don't now the last man tolled a good storey of wot cud happen. we did see the gate in this one to which we don't see a lot now. can not wart too see how thy get out off this one

jdog
March 8th, 2008, 08:47 AM
It was great, although i dont know why they didnt take the time puddle jumper out of the sgc and go pick him up.

P-90_177
March 8th, 2008, 08:47 AM
it wos good but to say it wos the best in all the SG i don't now sg-1 had sum good one and the seige 1-2 are good. so don't now the last man tolled a good storey of wot cud happen. we did see the gate in this one to which we don't see a lot now. can not wart too see how thy get out off this one

I think it is better to say that it is best of the standalone finales. I know it wasn't really a standalone but the ending was tapped on the end as good as it is.........ah but then there's Full Circle which was also amazingly awesome.......crap now I just don't know........

Briangate78
March 8th, 2008, 08:55 AM

One of the best finales for SGA I mean. I would tie it with "The Seige" :)

sg-1 from the binging
March 8th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I think it is better to say that it is best of the standalone finales. I know it wasn't really a standalone but the ending was tapped on the end as good as it is.........ah but then there's Full Circle which was also amazingly awesome.......crap now I just don't know........

i now as a standalone it world be great but it is not we are all waiting too see wot is go wing to happen. i just love cliffhangers the not knowing the waiting and then u watch it and u are blown a way. i now thy are a lot finales hard to say which is the beast

MerryK
March 8th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I was totally blown away by the emotion in this finale! I can only compare it to Unending, but it's different, and even more powerful in some ways. Seeing Sam go down with her ship, Jennifer dying, Ronon and Todd, though for some reason Teyla's death didn't do much for me—all so heartbreaking. And I loved that they didn't just believe Sheppard when he got back.

Pepermint Jaffa
March 8th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I liked "the Seige" better, but this one was pretty good too.

immhotep
March 8th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I really really liked this finale, but the one thing that turned me off about the entire thing, is that i REALLY dont care about teyla, the baby and micheal, it has never interested me in the slightest..but having ronan and todd fighting side by side, sam kicking ass in a new ship and stuff, the mark 12 reactor, the whole atlantis sandstorm stuff and that amazing cliffhanger made up for the whole arc recently being centered on something i really dont care about. oh well hopefully we will have Todd as the no.1 wraith by episode 100 and he can really show us how we get beaten.

Jumper_One
March 8th, 2008, 02:27 PM
one of the best season finales ever?

INDEED

FallenAngelII
March 8th, 2008, 02:50 PM
It would've made a good [filler] episode, but as a finale, it's meh.

Had this been anything but a season finale, even as a mid-season finale, I would've liked it much more. As a season finale, even the cliffhanger at the end left me feeling "meh".

PG15
March 8th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Can't argue with you, Brian. Loved it so much that my review of the episode overran the word limit of Gateworld posts. :D

MathiasE
March 8th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I am still debating if it tops the Seige. I would have to watch both eps over again to make a better comparison.

Watching The Siege part 1 as i read this :D
Been watching my favourite episodes of season 1 during the night! (4:40 AM here atm!)

Edit: and on topic, yes i loved the episode, not a big fan of the ending though to be honest, would've rather seen it end 5 minutes earlier.

cheese
March 8th, 2008, 06:53 PM
It really didn't do it for me.

I think this season has been fantastic on the whole, I can't think of an episode that I'd label as terrible, and the finale was good. But it wasn't finale good.

Essentially it was "There but for the grace of God" replayed, which worked great in SG-1 leading into the highstakes finale. This season needed a big finish and it just kinda went out with a whimper.

The concept was interesting, but on the other hand completely throw away. Rodney's tale was empty to me, showing everyone getting killed off one by one was boring by the time it got to Ronan. I didn't care because all of that was going to be erased by the time the episode was over. Nothing up until the point where Sheppard came back actually moved the story foward at all. We didn't learn anything significant other than an address where Teyla is going to be in two months time. Other than that it was all empty. From the moment Rodney spoke the whole episode was predictable. Nothing unexpected happened, nothing new, nothing exciting, just Rodney talking over short scenes of people getting killed. There was no tension, no excitement, there was nothing to make me feel that finale buzz.

There were little details too that just didn't appear that would have made this soo much better. Keller for instance when telling Rodney not to change the timeline could have made a mention of their relationship, it seemed very vaguely implied, but I really wanted her to say something like "it would destroy the time we've had together"

Ronon shouldn't die hiding, he should have been up on his feet as hit the detonator, screaming and firing, going out in a blaze of glory.

Not one of them was ever really dead, and we knew it right from the start that they weren't so I felt nothing for them when they were killed.

But, as a standard episode it was okay on the whole, it would have been on the lower end of the scale for episodes this season, but if it was followed by the finale it would have certainly got me excitied about what was coming next. Micheal is underused, he is a great character, I'd of loved to have seen a bit more of him.

The cliffhanger was the worst Atlantis has had. As cliche as it comes and the final five minutes felt like they were quickly stuck on to the end of the episode. The final minutes were the only finale-like parts of the episode.

As a standalone episode it was okay, as a finale it was hugely disappointing.

Oh and Woolesy looked ridiculous in that uniform, here's hoping he keeps his suit for when he really takes over.