Ronon Cassidy and the Sundance Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronon Cassidy and the Sundance Wraith

I am still amazed at what a great team these two made in TLM. There's such a chemisty between them, you just know whatever comes out of their mouths is going to be golden.

I cannot begin to express my joy over seeing them fight side-by-side, especially in hand-to-hand combat. It was like Sateda Meets Common Ground in all the best ways possible.

And, of course, the way they went out - in a blaze of glory, so to speak - was all too fitting. To have each (in their own way) acknowledge that their 'enemy' was their last ally just gets to me every time I think about it. I can't help but think that each felt it had been an honor to know the other, to see a side of human - or Wraith - that they never would have imagined. Todd's little nod, and Ronon's smile, just slays me each time I watch that scene - two world-weary warriors, going out together.

*sniffle*

The R&T scene was, in my humble, the best of the show, and quite possibly the best of the season. It showed so much growth in both characters - Todd didn't just save his own ass (as he's done in the past), but instead helped Ronon carry out his plan, and by doing so, helped Ronon's men flee to safety. And Ronon...in the end, he had no other choice, I suspect, but feel a sense of admiration for his most hated of enemies, a Wraith. It was all done so perfectly, so beautifully, that I can't get it out of my head.

Would like to hear how it affected others. For me, it's not just about Todd...perhaps it's actually more about Ronon, and the surreal situation he finds himself in at his very end - fighting side-by-side with an unlikely brother-in-arms, a loathsome, life-sucking Wraith.

I'd just love to see more team-ups with these two in S5 and beyond, though I'm not holding my breath. I suspect this is all we will ever see, but it's enough to let my imagination run wild with all the possibilities of what could be.

das
    sigpic

Yeah, the two of them together are great. I hope we see more of that in season 5.

Comment

Was cool alright. We're not going to see more of them next season, its out of character for ronon to fight with wraith so the writers can't do it that much, if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith form Replicator
        Was cool alright. We're not going to see more of them next season, its out of character for ronon to fight with wraith so the writers can't do it that much, if at all.

Well, I doubt we'd see anything like this again...though it would be nice to see the team cautiously allow Todd to tag along in maybe one or two episodes next season, and fight alongside them...kinda like their pet pitbull.

I don't expect to see Todd much next season for several reasons. First, Heyerdahl is working on Sanctuary, which was just picked up by Sci Fi and who knows what their filming schedule is. Second, there doesn't seem to be any stories (at least in the first half of the season) that indicate there's any need for Wraith help (unless Micheal isn't defeated in S&R, or he's somehow involved in Broken Ties). JM did say that Todd will make 'an appearance', but for all we know, it could be just one - and it could be his last. So...not holding my breath. Also, if they have future plans for the character, they may not want to overuse him - better quality appearances than quantity.

I would be happy with two quality appearances in each half of the season...spaced nicely apart - 4 isn't too much to ask for if they're going to keep the character around. In S4, Todd had good-sized roles in The Seer and BAMSR, smaller parts in Spoils of War and Kindred, and 'cameos' in Miller's Crossing and The Last Man. That's 6 episodes...not very many, but all memorable, especially this last one. But if they're afraid of overusing the character, then I could even see reducing the number of episodes he appears in, IF he gets a little more quality screen time and development per episode.

(Of course, in my perfect little world, he'd be made a permanent character in the show, with regular appearances throughout the season (though not every episode).

das
        sigpic

Comment

I agree, it was one of the best scenes in the season. who knew ronon would be the one to finally treat a wraith as an equal?

Comment

I think these two are ready for their very own buddy movie, what do you say??

I still can't get over how well their scene was written, and handled by the actors. If I didn't know better, I'd say they very much enjoyed themselves when filming that scene. Hee...I wonder how many times Todd had to say "Naturally" before he got it JUST right...because, just right it was indeed...

das
            sigpic

Comment

That was a really cool scene. One of the best-delivered lines in the episode:

"Naturally."
              Theoretically spoilerish:
              Spoiler:
              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

The perfect commando: Ronon, Teal'c and Todd.

And now, for some screens:

Hopefully, the writers now know that we're really impressed by moments like this and will give us more in the future
                sigpic
                Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

Originally posted by xSFx
                  Hopefully, the writers now know that we're really impressed by moments like this and will give us more in the future
                  Soooooo....yer sayin' they should blow Ronon and Todd up EVERY WEEK????!!!

Be sure to post your thoughts on JM's blog - it can't hurt for him to see the positive reaction to scenes and moments like this.

It was a great one.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

you're right, it was a great scene.

Possible spoiler if you haven't seen it yet:

However, when they were fighting the hybrid wraith, and almost ended up killing each other, it was great when Ronon said "force of habit" and Todd came back with "Indeed." I almost expected Ronon to say something along the lines of "You sound like someone else I know...." :-p

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
                      you're right, it was a great scene.

Possible spoiler if you haven't seen it yet:

However, when they were fighting the hybrid wraith, and almost ended up killing each other, it was great when Ronon said "force of habit" and Todd came back with "Indeed." I almost expected Ronon to say something along the lines of "You sound like someone else I know...." :-p
                      That was a fun moment, and I think a little 'nod' to Teal'c, and perhaps to Midway. Just as Ronon had to put his personal feelings aside to work together with Teal'c in that episode, so too, he had to do it here. It would be nice to imagine that Todd's little 'indeed' reminded Ronon of that moment in his life, and of another friend who stood by his side in battle.

My, how things had changed...guess we can assume he saw the irony in it, too.

Love these two together...would love more of it in S5 - just not sure anything now can top this scene.

das
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
                        That was a really cool scene. One of the best-delivered lines in the episode:

"Naturally."
                        Todd rocks! I loved them pairing up to fight a common cause even though they are enemies.
                        Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                        Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                        GateCon Attendee 2008
                        Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

On JM's blog - someone asked if any of the sad events about the future would eventually come true, and his reply was....'hmmmmmmm'.

NOW I worry more for dear ol' Todd! LOL. I really must move on to more important things, but I really love this character. I think I read that Sanctuary is in production now (that may be on JM's blog, too), which would mean that Chris is probably not available for SGA filming (assuming he's working on Sanctuary), so I'm guessing we won't see much of him in S5 - especially the beginning part. I so hope they don't have Todd go down in a blaze of glory - alone - perhaps taking out Michael, or something.

Maybe that's why they made Todd and Ronon's scene SO special...because there's no chance we'll ever see such a thing in the seasons to come.

So...I asked JM if we should start the 'save Todd' campaign now. Doubt he'll reply, but it was worth a try....

das
                          sigpic

Comment

For a moment there, I thought Todd was crying out because Ronon was cutting his locks off with that sword!

And you know how much I luff Todd's hair...! *drools*

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Seeing my two fav SGA characters first working together, and then going out in that "Cassidy/Sundance" blaze of glory really made my day. Don't know if it was the best scene all season, but for some reason I can't think of a better one, so yeah, maybe it is. lol

I love the new sig Das!

^_^
                              sigpic
                              Thanks for the sig idea Das!

Comment

Working...
                              X