PDA

View Full Version : Im so glad it was an AT

Cree
March 8th, 2008, 05:29 AM
because when sam died i nearly cried, thankfully i remembered it was an alternate timeline.

I love sam and even though it wasnt a sam centric episode it shows exactly how much they wasted he this year because she is amazing!

:sam::sam::sam::sam:

Dr.Mckay
March 8th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Yeh it was really sad, specially when she said
"ILL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU"
then died.
criesss

Cree
March 8th, 2008, 06:03 AM
I didnt think i would react like that, never did i know how attached to her i was and the fact she wont be around much next years upsets me muchly now :(

doh!

Fenrir Foxz
March 8th, 2008, 06:09 AM
I'm glad aswell, though I really liked how Sam went out... 3 hives definately does her credit IMO :)

Pharaoh Atem
March 8th, 2008, 06:11 AM
I'm glad aswell, though I really liked how Sam went out... 3 hives definately does her credit IMO :)

if this wasn't a AT i would have accept that as her last moment in the series. it was done so well.

don't get me wrong i live carter.Amanda but that scence was great

reddevil18
March 8th, 2008, 06:13 AM
While I like the whole ramming business, I'm getting tired of all the self-sacrificing commanders in the Stargate series.

The_Carpenter
March 8th, 2008, 06:13 AM
because when sam died i nearly cried, thankfully i remembered it was an alternate timeline.

I love sam and even though it wasnt a sam centric episode it shows exactly how much they wasted he this year because she is amazing!

I didnt think i would react like that, never did i know how attached to her i was and the fact she wont be around much next years upsets me muchly now :(

doh!

:indeed:, though I suppose its not that surprising those of us who have been watch SG-1 have been getting to know the character for 11 years :sam:

Indeed, a suitably heroic end.

The_Carpenter
March 8th, 2008, 06:14 AM
While I like the whole ramming business, I'm getting tired of all the self-sacrificing commanders in the Stargate series.
Blame Star Trek and most other Sci Fi shows :D

Besides its a naval tradition Captain goes down with the ship.

Fenrir Foxz
March 8th, 2008, 06:16 AM
if this wasn't a AT i would have accept that as her last moment in the series. it was done so well.

don't get me wrong i live carter.Amanda but that scence was great

If Sam had to die in battle that would definately be that way for her to go... She showed good leadership getting everyone else off the Phoenix and then did one hell of a job giving better than she got from those hives :D

reddevil18
March 8th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Blame Star Trek and most other Sci Fi shows :D

Besides its a naval tradition Captain goes down with the ship.

Well screw that. Lee had the right idea. :p

jasminaGo
March 8th, 2008, 06:18 AM
It was nice to see the old daredevil Sam back. Running around the galaxy, fighting for the good of humanity. :samanime15:

Hopefully there will be more of this in S5 in her guest episodes.

And the "I'll be right behind you" line and then staying behind just lived up to the old "the captain goes down with his ship" or in this case her ship :)

Talk about leaving in the blaze of glory.

Jumper_One
March 8th, 2008, 02:17 PM

yeah well said dude :) that was an amazing scene!

remember ST Nemesis ;)

Indeed, a suitably heroic end.

:indeed:

haloplayer
March 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM

Well technically it was the Original Timeline that she died in. It is the Alternate timeline that Sheppard creates when he goes back into time. Sheppard went into the future of the ORIGINAL TIMELINE. Now that a Alternate timeline has been created the Alternate timeline would be considered the original one while the Original timeline is considered the Alternate one.

jasminaGo
March 8th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Well technically it was the Original Timeline that she died in. It is the Alternate timeline that Sheppard creates when he goes back into time. Sheppard went into the future of the ORIGINAL TIMELINE. Now that a Alternate timeline has been created the Alternate timeline would be considered the original one while the Original timeline is considered the Alternate one.

Huh? :tealcanime49:

Oh, I see your point. I hope.

jyh
March 8th, 2008, 05:05 PM
This, after Holo-Rodney relates the story of Sam, would have been a perfect opportunity for either him (it?) or Sheppard to mention Sam's significant other, as in "Her husband, General O'Neill, wasn't pleased." (Or, my one-time personal preference, "Her husband, Agent Barrett, wasn't pleased.")

They could have at least casually mentioned her friends on earth: "Teal'c spoke eloquently at her funeral."

But the "empty casket" mention was good too. Very poignant. :sam:

PG15
March 8th, 2008, 05:27 PM
One of the best/most intense moments in Stargate history, IMHO.

Now I wonder if anyone's gonna quote this post and laugh at it. ;)

reddevil18
March 8th, 2008, 05:30 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jumper_One
March 8th, 2008, 06:02 PM

Now I wonder if anyone's gonna quote this post and laugh at it. ;)

and since he already laughed at your post I'll just agree with you ;)