The Phoneix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Phoneix

Alright, i know that there have been pointless disscussions all of GW of the bc-304 class ship, The Phoneix, That we saw last night.

So my question is,
    Spoiler:
    We know that carter used it to destroy the three hives some where down the road.
    So, will the Pnoneix ever really be a real ship, and will it ever be used in the same way Carter used it before she died?
    What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the events with Carter sacrifing herself take place a few months after Sheppard disappears. The ship was not yet finished, but obviously they'd been working on it for a while. So, it's safe to assume that, during the present timeline of TLM, the Phoenix is in a shipyard somewhere, being built. We'll see it sooner or later. Maybe around mid-season 5...Though, I doubt its fate will be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
      Well, the events with Carter sacrifing herself take place a few months after Sheppard disappears. The ship was not yet finished, but obviously they'd been working on it for a while. So, it's safe to assume that, during the present timeline of TLM, the Phoenix is in a shipyard somewhere, being built. We'll see it sooner or later. Maybe around mid-season 5...Though, I doubt its fate will be the same.
      Yea. Carter went down with her ship like most captians from space shows have. Dylan almost went down with Andromeda, Pendergast went down with the promethes i believe, and carter went down with her ship.

I still cant believe the way Ronon died. I figured he would sacrifice himself somepart in the ep( i figured everybody except McKay would sacrifice thems selfs in the line of duty) i just did, well expect him to go like that.
      What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I loved how he went down. With a smile on his face, alongside Todd. I think he could actually grow to respect and even like Todd. They sure make one hell of a team. God, I hope we see more of that in season 5! I love Todd!

Comment

You jsut sparked me to ask something. Did the end of Andromeda even make sense? I remember there was a final episode and something happened but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Just that...

Spoiler:
          Some massive Neitchian(sp?) fleet appeared out of absolutly no where and tried to blow stuff up. I mean seriously it was just weird! And Random!

You know what, there is no season 5 of Andromeda. It ends at season 4, or whatever one was right before the last one.

But back on topic. ummm...... oh right the Phoneix, it's probably in a shipyard being built so i'd say it'll show itself at the mid season 2 parter next season.

Comment

I gotta say I'm a Sam Lover, but after how the writers used her this season... WAY TO GO SAM!

The whole scene was great, although the fact that she beamed everybody and stay seemed forced.

The music was simpy... whoa!

And I'm hoping that the name Phoenix had a meaning, that she'll raise from it's ashes, and the she'll be built after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatz View Post
              I gotta say I'm a Sam Lover, but after how the writers used her this season... WAY TO GO SAM!

The whole scene was great, although the fact that she beamed everybody and stay seemed forced.

The music was simpy... whoa!

And I'm hoping that the name Phoenix had a meaning, that she'll raise from it's ashes, and the she'll be built after all.
              I agree with that statement.

And the writers are known for putting double meanings into events and names, so Phoenix was definitely chosen on purpose.
              Last edited by jasminaGo; 08 March 2008, 05:59 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Plus giving Sam the Phoenix makes for a handy exit from her duties in Atlantis while leaving room for appearances next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron Zero View Post
                  Plus giving Sam the Phoenix makes for a handy exit from her duties in Atlantis while leaving room for appearances next season.
                  Except for the fact that it would essentially be a demotion. I don't like that. She should leave for something important on Earth, not take command of a ship.

Comment

Except for the fact that it would essentially be a demotion. I don't like that. She should leave for something important on Earth, not take command of a ship.
                    But it was Sam's choise, she wasn't removed. She could do a better job as a commander of the Phoenix, then as commander of Atlantis. Especially if the IOA keep messing with how she runs the base. And being on the Phoenix is a lot better then going back on Earth to be Mitchell's 2IC in a 5 men team.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                      But it was Sam's choise, she wasn't removed. She could do a better job as a commander of the Phoenix, then as commander of Atlantis. Especially if the IOA keep messing with how she runs the base. And being on the Phoenix is a lot better then going back on Earth to be Mitchell's 2IC in a 5 men team.
                      Chosen or not, it's still a step backwards. And she was still commander of Atlantis. Lorne was in charge only while she was on the ship. It was only after she died that Woolsey came on board. And I said she should go back to Earth for something important, like taking command of the SGC or something big like that. Or maybe Jack's retiring...

Comment

I loved how he went down. With a smile on his face, alongside Todd. I think he could actually grow to respect and even like Todd. They sure make one hell of a team. God, I hope we see more of that in season 5! I love Todd!
                        Todd the friendly wraith!

Comment

Originally posted by naonak77 View Post
                          Todd the friendly wraith!
                          Well, not exactly. I still want him to be snarky and kill people, just not our guys.

Comment

Back to the Phoenix people!!!

There are a few things that I felt was odd about the Phoenix:

1) New Asgard Upgrades?
                            - What upgrades? Seriously, what upgrades?
                            - I would have liked to see newer shield technologies or cloaking tech

2) Missiles?
                            - Why were the missles not nukes???? 1 nuke should have crippled a Hive
                            - Why launch only 4-5 missles?

3) Beam weapons?
                            - 1 shot of the beam weapon on a Hive ship did minimal damage? Wtf!!
                            - 1 shot against an aurora pretty much could blow them out.

4) Railguns?
                            - Shouldn't they be firiing too?

Like seriously, whats with all the new upgrades?
                            Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
                              Back to the Phoenix people!!!

There are a few things that I felt was odd about the Phoenix:

1) New Asgard Upgrades?
                              - What upgrades? Seriously, what upgrades?
                              - I would have liked to see newer shield technologies or cloaking tech
                              Not sure, but the shields were certainly holding...

2) Missiles?
                              - Why were the missles not nukes???? 1 nuke should have crippled a Hive
                              - Why launch only 4-5 missles?
                              If you pay attention, the missiles actually explode before making contact. Don't know why that is, though...I think only one missile actually hit the hive. And maybe that's all the missiles they had...

3) Beam weapons?
                              - 1 shot of the beam weapon on a Hive ship did minimal damage? Wtf!!
                              - 1 shot against an aurora pretty much could blow them out.
                              Yeah, that was kinda annoying, especially since the other hive was oblitarated with like 3 shots.

4) Railguns?
                              - Shouldn't they be firiing too?
                              Maybe those were off-line as well.

Like seriously, whats with all the new upgrades?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                              X