PDA

View Full Version : McKay and Keller

fugiman
March 7th, 2008, 10:34 PM
So who thinks they will still hook up and who wants them to?

KiLL3r
March 7th, 2008, 10:45 PM
shes too good for rodney. seriously thou they just dont seem right. kinda like 20year old supermodels and 90 year old oil tycoons

fugiman
March 7th, 2008, 10:50 PM
shes too good for rodney. seriously thou they just dont seem right. kinda like 20year old supermodels and 90 year old oil tycoons

So Rodney's brain is like money to young women? Nice for him he must get all the ladies;) well at least the shallow ones:D but I don't think keller is that shallow so who knows

cynatnite
March 7th, 2008, 10:51 PM

I liked it, but I don't think it'd ever happen. It only happened this time because they lost everyone they cared about. Only Rodney and Keller could understand what each had been through. It's understandable that they'd bond.

But a couple without all that? No, don't think so.

Mitchell82
March 7th, 2008, 11:15 PM
I liked it, but I don't think it'd ever happen. It only happened this time because they lost everyone they cared about. Only Rodney and Keller could understand what each had been through. It's understandable that they'd bond.

They had a bond in Trio so it's possible but unlikely.

KindlyKeller
March 7th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Weeeeell... I wonder if it's clear what my position is. :)

I obviously adored it. I HOPE we see it in the new timeline, and it certainly wouldn't surprise me. They've gotten on well in every single one of their interactions, notably when they went behind Sheppard's back to help Weir and in "Trio."

There's definitely something there. Whether it will be cultivated a second time, I can't say, but I sure as heck hope so.

Mitchell82
March 7th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Weeeeell... I wonder if it's clear what my position is. :)

I obviously adored it. I HOPE we see it in the new timeline, and it certainly wouldn't surprise me. They've gotten on well in every single one of their interactions, notably when they went behind Sheppard's back to help Weir and in "Trio."

There's definitely something there. Whether it will be cultivated a second time, I can't say, but I sure as heck hope so.
I agree. I do hope we can at least see them have a first date.

memnarch
March 8th, 2008, 12:32 AM
I'd prefer them over Keller and Ronon and I think she and Rodney would definitely be good together. However, I think if Sheppard told them what happened between them in the future, they would definitely not get together though.

ykickamoocow
March 8th, 2008, 12:35 AM
I'd prefer them over Keller and Ronon and I think she and Rodney would definitely be good together. However, I think if Sheppard told them what happened between them in the future, they would definitely not get together though.

True though Sheppard could steer them together without telling them about their alternate timeline relationship (eg assigning them on missions together). Dispite the mean things Sheppard says to McKay deep down he really does care about McKay and wants him to be happy.

memnarch
March 8th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Oh, I agree that's possible and I'd definitely like to see it happen, but in all honesty, Sheppard doesn't seem like much of a matchmaker to me. Here's hoping he is though! :)

AncientLantian
March 8th, 2008, 01:00 AM
I think of all the couplings on both SGA and SG1, Keller and McKay would be the best. Maybe because deep down I wish I was McKay (and I do share many a character trait with the character), and my crush on Jewel Staite in real life, and my liking of Keller, that I want to see these two together.

darkthunder84
March 8th, 2008, 01:02 AM
I think of all the couplings on both SGA and SG1, Keller and McKay would be the best. Maybe because deep down I wish I was McKay (and I do share many a character trait with the character), and my crush on Jewel Staite in real life, and my liking of Keller, that I want to see these two together.

Besides... both of them could do worse. I think it's possible that they might eventually hook up. Rodney knows he'll never get Carter, and he has been trying to get into a serious relationship (first with Katie, now possibly Keller).

memnarch
March 8th, 2008, 01:48 AM

I completely agree with you. I identify with McKay on a lot of levels. I don't think I'm quite as arrogant, but then again, who is?

daisy1979
March 8th, 2008, 02:18 AM
NO! They didn't even appear in love! What in the world? They just looked like good friends!

Keller + Ronon= chemistry

KindlyKeller
March 8th, 2008, 02:25 AM
NO! They didn't even appear in love! What in the world? They just looked like good friends!

I didn't see any chemistry whatsoever between Keller and Ronon personally. "Quarantine" kind of made me cringe in a big way, and that was before the McKay/Keller notion had really formed in my mind. At the time, I just thought: "Man, that was BAD. They have nothing in common and they didn't click in the slightest."

I'm sure others thought the reverse, though. I guess that's why this community is so alive and has 90 different ship threads.

ykickamoocow
March 8th, 2008, 02:25 AM

If you want to discuss Keller and Ronon im sure there is a thread in the relationships section. This thread is about Keller and Rondney getting together in a actual episode and not about who you think Keller should be with.

daisy1979
March 8th, 2008, 02:58 AM

If you want to discuss Keller and Ronon im sure there is a thread in the relationships section. This thread is about Keller and Rondney getting together in a actual episode and not about who you think Keller should be with.

Actually, this doesn't sound like only a PRO Rodney/Keller thread to me. And actually, there's a thread for PRO Rodney/Keller also in the ship area. So either way, it's doubling up. I was just referring to specific things happening from last night's episode, which is what this entire mini-thread should be about.

Emre
March 8th, 2008, 03:04 AM
I sure hope they do hook up. It's like a match made in heaven, complete with snark and all.

But with the altered timeline, who knows.

KindlyKeller
March 8th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Actually, this doesn't sound like only a PRO Rodney/Keller thread to me. And actually, there's a thread for PRO Rodney/Keller also in the ship area. So either way, it's doubling up. I was just referring to specific things happening from last night's episode, which is what this entire mini-thread should be about.

I think what he was getting at was that this should be about why you liked OR disliked it based on what was there in the episode, without introducing outside shippy stuff. Personally, I don't really mind, but I thought it was important that his post not be mischaracterized. He didn't say this should be a pro-only thread.

ykickamoocow
March 8th, 2008, 03:24 AM
I think what he was getting at was that this should be about why you liked OR disliked it based on what was there in the episode, without introducing outside shippy stuff. Personally, I don't really mind, but I thought it was important that his post not be mischaracterized. He didn't say this should be a pro-only thread.

Yes thats what i meant. Thanks for clarifying what i was trying to say as sometimes im not the most articulate of people.

As for the topic you could tell that McKay loved Keller from the pain in his eyes as he was watching Keller on her death bed and then seeing him talk about it with Sheppard. You could also tell Keller really cared for McKay when she told him not to waste his life trying to save her life.

Allprox
March 8th, 2008, 03:28 AM
I thought it was great but something tells me it's just not going to happen, they just don't seem right for each other but I much prefer Keller-McKay than Keller-Ronon.

aquagirl
March 8th, 2008, 04:40 AM
NOOOOoooo. Definitely NO. Those too are not meant to be together. Actually I don't like the fact that they are trying to hook up Keller whit the guys from Atlantis. First whit Ronon and now whit McKay. But if I have to chose I would have to say Ronon. McKay and Keller would be boring, but Ronon and Keller much more interesting and fun.

Pharaoh Atem
March 8th, 2008, 06:17 AM

:D Mckeller will be alive and well in season 5 hoping ......i felt David and jewel have natural chemistry and it really worked

Rac80
March 8th, 2008, 07:27 AM
They only got together because they could understand what each other had gone through on Atlantis. How hard would it be to be married and unable to tell your spoiuse anything about the last few years of your life?
So no more Mckay for keller (besides he is such a whiney wimp!)! :S

aboleyn24
March 8th, 2008, 09:25 AM
For the purpose of this episode they worked well together. I can see how two people with such a strong shared experience would cling to each other. While that is how it started, clearly they truely fell for each other. It was sweeter than I thought it would be. I didn't really think they were a good fit but I now I feel differntly.

That said I would be shocked if it still happened in this timeline. I don't think we will get two main characters in a relationship. I don't think TPTB want to lock themselves into that. It seems they prefer the occasonal flirty look or even comment, but no real follow through. Its all good, I am happy to go along for the ride wherever it leads.

melfan
March 8th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I think they're a cute couple.
Why are people so against them?
I tought it was sad that Keller died

Killdeer
March 8th, 2008, 12:18 PM

I have no idea what the writers will do, but I would be fine with them as a ship. I don't want it to turn into a big thing, but I like Keller a lot better around Rodney, and I think they're pretty good for each other.

KindlyKeller
March 8th, 2008, 12:26 PM
They only got together because they could understand what each other had gone through on Atlantis. How hard would it be to be married and unable to tell your spoiuse anything about the last few years of your life?
So no more Mckay for keller (besides he is such a whiney wimp!)! :S

So is Keller. That's why they're so cute together. (Neither of them are in actuality 'whiny wimps,' of course. But it's all or nothing for both of them, because they're very similar in that regard).

andy tyler
March 8th, 2008, 12:30 PM
whats wrong' with mckay and keller? it shows Rodney has a softer side to him, and Keller might as well date somebody "smart." Ronan and Keller have NOTHING in common, they're from two different galaxies.

Come on, people who go to the same high school still can't get along, so people from two galaxies? get real everyone. Mckay and Keller might be the smartest relationship since Sam & that tok'ra we all forget.

andy tyler
March 8th, 2008, 12:30 PM
whats wrong' with mckay and keller? it shows Rodney has a softer side to him, and Keller might as well date somebody "smart." Ronan and Keller have NOTHING in common, they're from two different galaxies.

Come on, people who go to the same high school still can't get along, so people from two galaxies? get real everyone. Mckay and Keller might be the smartest relationship since Sam & that tok'ra we all forget.

SP90
March 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Keller + Ronon = beauty and the beast
Keller + Rodney = beauty and the geek

I like choice two better as I was never one for Disney movies. :)

Klenotka
March 8th, 2008, 02:58 PM

And what if I say that he is too good for her? :P;)

But seriously - I wasn´t too excited about it, when I saw them together in the promo. But it suprisingly worked for me.
Especially thanks to David´s and Jewel´s believeable performances.
I like Jewel and I was kind of glad that she came after Paul (but I missed him) but Keller became imbalanced and uncertain and Jewel´s promo photos everywhere were a little annoying. But I got over it and in TLM, I think she found herself.

He is 15 years older, maybe? I mean David, I am not sure how old Jewel is. But I guess she presents an older woman in SGA so I don´t think it plays that big role here.

I am not sure if I want to see it continue. The chemistry and the bond became because of specific, stressful situation and worked as a catalyzator for Rodney to start thinking about changing the past.
I am not sure how can that work in normal cirumstances. TPTB can´t write relationships. They write them into time/AU episodes, so they don´t have to deal with them later. But if they decide to try it, I can give them a chance. I think they match together, because they are both a little asocial. Keller not so much but she admitted that she also has trouble with people.

I am not much a shipper so my mind is open for any possibilites. And I am not even some obsessive slasher who could complain about how Rodney and John or Rodney and Carson or Rodney and anyone is perfect, so why they just don´t write them together.
So yeah, I think I can give them a chance and wait and see.

And for the record, I don´t think there was any chemistry between Ronon and Keller (or Jewel and Jason). *That* was forced. IMO, of course.

KindlyKeller
March 8th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I can't be sure, but my guess is Keller is about 28 maybe, and McKay like 38 or 39.

Musey
March 8th, 2008, 04:50 PM
i just want to say i think mckay and keller REALLY worked well.

perfect match. i hope something happens between them in the future somehow, it'd be a shame if it didn't because there's definitely something in it.

jyh
March 8th, 2008, 04:54 PM

I agree. I doubt this would happen in 'normal' circumstances. Also, not to be a wet-blanket, but I kinda thought the McKay-Keller pairing was kind of a too-convenient plot device to a) wrap up Keller's story, b) confirm that things don't go well for anyone once Sheppard is lost, and c) give McKay sufficient motivation to 'fix' the timeline. Other than these, especially item (c), I thought it was the weakest part of the whole episode.

Ruined_puzzle
March 8th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Keller/Mckay are cute and dorky thus they are adorkable. I hope they do continue with it in s5.

Pharaoh Atem
March 8th, 2008, 05:36 PM
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/P2J84/McKayKeller11.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/P2J84/McKayKeller2.jpg

PG15
March 8th, 2008, 07:09 PM
On paper, Rodney and Keller are perfect for each other. 2 social misfits finding a connection between them that wouldn't exist with any other people.

On screen..well, it's getting there. ;)

Infernorhythm
March 8th, 2008, 08:34 PM
The coupling worked only because they came together out of grief and everyone else was dead.

I'm much more of a fan of Ronon/Keller. Rewatch Quarantine and tell me that isn't the perfect couple. I like seeing Rodney with Katie, that worked surprisingly well. I mean, Rodney and Keller wasn't bad, but Ronon/Keller is way better.

Killdeer
March 8th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Rewatch Quarantine and tell me that isn't the perfect couple.

That isn't the perfect couple. IMO anyway. I really strongly disliked the Ronon/Keller scenes in Quarantine. Until that episode I was pretty neutral about that pairing, but Quarantine really turned me off of it badly, and almost killed Keller for me as a character. And Keller is not anywhere close to the kind of woman I see Ronon with. I see him with a warrior, a fighter, not someone like Keller. Keller matches Rodney much better IMO, and Rodney brings out a stronger, more mature side to her. With Ronon she's more like the shy little high school girl waiting for the big strong football star to sweep her off her feet.

Infernorhythm
March 8th, 2008, 10:05 PM
That isn't the perfect couple. IMO anyway. I really strongly disliked the Ronon/Keller scenes in Quarantine. Until that episode I was pretty neutral about that pairing, but Quarantine really turned me off of it badly, and almost killed Keller for me as a character. And Keller is not anywhere close to the kind of woman I see Ronon with. I see him with a warrior, a fighter, not someone like Keller. Keller matches Rodney much better IMO, and Rodney brings out a stronger, more mature side to her. With Ronon she's more like the shy little high school girl waiting for the big strong football star to sweep her off her feet.

That's the whole thing, she is strong, but she's a calming balance to Ronon. His dead lover on Sateda was a doctor, and Keller works in a balancing way to Ronon.

Killdeer
March 8th, 2008, 10:09 PM
That's the whole thing, she is strong, but she's a calming balance to Ronon. His dead lover on Sateda was a doctor, and Keller works in a balancing way to Ronon.

I guess I don't see that. She seems strong with Rodney, but weak with Ronon. And I don't like Ronon being calmed. I like the wilder side of him, and I'd like to see him with a woman just as wild.

Arutha2321
March 8th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Thumbs up for this ship. I loved when they kissed aboard Pegasus (at least I think it was Pegasus) and I think it was just as enjoyable for David as it was for Rodney. :)

Ruined_puzzle
March 9th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I like the wilder side of him, and I'd like to see him with a woman just as wild.

Larrin/Ronon. Heeee.

Cory Holmes
March 9th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Rewatch Quarantine and tell me that isn't the perfect couple.

Okay. *rewatches Quarantine* They aren't the perfect couple. Hey, you literally asked for it :p

While I'm not thrilled with Keller/Ronan as a pairing, I agree that Keller/McKay came about directly as a result of all the death and destruction that happend around them. It's only natural that they would bond with each other for mutual support. I'm alright with McKay/Keller, actually. Though Carter/McKay/Keller reigns supreme! :D

ykickamoocow
March 9th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Okay. *rewatches Quarantine* They aren't the perfect couple. Hey, you literally asked for it :p

While I'm not thrilled with Keller/Ronan as a pairing, I agree that Keller/McKay came about directly as a result of all the death and destruction that happend around them. It's only natural that they would bond with each other for mutual support. I'm alright with McKay/Keller, actually. Though Carter/McKay/Keller reigns supreme! :D

I guess that means you were a fan of the episode "Trio". I can think of a million great fanfic idea's for that episode but unfortunately i dont have the talent to write them.

Cory Holmes
March 9th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I guess that means you were a fan of the episode "Trio".

Yes, I have repeatadly braved being tomatoed with vocal support for that much-maligned episode. Underappreciated, it is.

ykickamoocow
March 9th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Yes, I have repeatadly braved being tomatoed with vocal support for that much-maligned episode. Underappreciated, it is.

I loved that episode aswell. I put up a challenge on Wraithbait (the fanfiction website) but at the moment no one has responded.

KindlyKeller
March 9th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I loved that episode aswell. I put up a challenge on Wraithbait (the fanfiction website) but at the moment no one has responded.

I third the adoration for that episode... but something tells me that's not exactly shocking. ;)

Athgar
March 10th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Personally I'd love to see them together, I think it worked really well. McKay standing, disconsolate, in the corridor after he gets Keller's prognosis was gut-wrenching as you see his world fall away. As a character that so often appears to be preocuppied with his own wellbeing and ego it was really powerful to see, so for me it'd be a positive move

Whether it will happen I'm not convinced, as has been pointed out Sheppard could have an interesting role to play. I do hope the writers don't just discard the idea completely and never show us any hint of it again

Black Panther
March 10th, 2008, 11:35 PM

I thought they were really sweet together and believable. I teared up when Keller died. This ep made me like the ship more. Since I wasn't sure if I liked it before hand.

As to whether they will get together. I don't know. They only got together because of those extreme circumstances. What happened between them in Trio seemed like she was trying to teach him about women, and the drink they were going to have was just between friends. Then there were those moments between her and Ronon in Quarantine. Which certainly were more than friendly and won't be erased. Not to mention the way Jewel and Jason promotes that ship.

As to what I want. I wouldn't mind if Keller gets with Rodney. On the other hand the same goes with Ronon/Keller. That is if tptb address the issue of her being like Ronon's dead wife/fiance/girlfriend, and show him acknowledging that they are two different women. I have no problem with Ronon having a type, but I don't want Keller to turn into a mere replacement for Melena.