Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what a sobering season finally (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a sobering season finally (spoilers)

50,000 years can make present day seem so small.

Would have been cool if he somehow gated back to earth, what would happen 50,000 years from now.

Also what did mcay mean when talking to lorne about how badly the time line ended up, he said in both the PG and MW.

What happened in the milky way.

ALso what a ladies man Rodney was in this ep.!!!!

Seemed like Carter and Keller ended up digging him. Poor shep as soon as he's gone the rod man gets all the ladies.

Absolutely. I always LOVE the "things go real, real wrong in this glimpse of a possible future" episode.

What was so interesting about this one was that it was confined to the Pegasus for the most part (despite the cryptic implication that "something" bad happened in the MW). McKay and Keller had a CHOICE to leave the doomsday behind. That was so interesting.
    Theoretically spoilerish:
    Spoiler:
    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I dont usually care about shippers but i hope mcay and keller get their time again.

Mckay deserves a nice girl like keller (did i say nice i meant naughty 8)

It was cool seeing the two leave. Without the gang it just aint the same.

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
        Also what did mcay mean when talking to lorne about how badly the time line ended up, he said in both the PG and MW.

What happened in the milky way.
        Guess we'll never know, but one guess would be that Michael and his mutations managed to improve their warpdrive and was working their way trough the Milky Way.
        Or maybe after all that happened in Pegasus they finally went public with the gate and the pegsaus project and things went downhill on earth.

Could be a million reasons.
        Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
        Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Good to know that Atlantis is made out of materials able to last 48k years older than it already was. If it had power, it might have been able to fly again.

Comment

-what i want to know is what went so terribly wrong with humanity in the future? i mean atlantis left abandoned w/o a shield on a dieing planet? whyd we abandon it, whyd we withdraw from pegasus and leave it behind? it obviously never got attacked in that period of time.
            -even if michaels forces overpowered the whole galaxy, why not fly it to the mw? (we did have a few zpm's)
            -and i say abandoned bc there was Nothing left in atlantis when shepard found it. it wasnt a we are under attack lets leave. there were no 48,000 yo fragments from laptops or anything left behind from earth. they had dead plants left from 10,000 yrs ago, why not a single trace of the expedition?

-and common u knew hed be there in 48,000 yrs... at least leave him a few frozen twinkies... theyd def last
            ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

not sure any food products left (even frozen) would survive the 48,000 yr span.

Comment

Put some Hungry Mans in stasis maybe.
                Theoretically spoilerish:
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

We have 2 possible reasons for the departure.

1. The IOA becomes increasinly isolationist and basically just recalls them. They basically jstu decide taht Atlantis isn't worth the expense of flying back to the MW so they leave it.

2. Less likely cause it requires us to survive a long time. But The sun goes red giant and we leave becasue well who want's to stick around for that! And we'd have basically milked Atlantis dry by that point so why take it with us?

Comment

We dont know when it was abandoned, maybe we had been there for 10 or 20 thousand years and had learnt everything and were able to build something similar of our own design or something, ya know who knows

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
                    Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
                    SG1 -

Comment

I wonder who was in Atlantis when old Mckay went back to create his hologram. Also, something could have happened on earth that resulted in the Atlantis Expedition withdrawing back. Maybe it was global warming (as a result of the sun).
                      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I'm willing to bet it was the IOA's fault that they had to abandon the place. They seem quite good at screwing things up
                        sigpic

Comment

I got a good question, if you put warm food like I donno freshly made pizza. Is it going to be warm 48.000 years later?

Comment

to speak of why atlantis abandoned it was mentioned in the ep, humans are extinct some extinction event makes the conditions of atlantis, pegasus, earth wherever unable to support life. This has happened before in the timeline of earth and it will happen again a shift in conditions causes mass extinction. As to no laptops its likely michael forced them to leave i mean he could probably take the one ship and power running out who knows? anyway this ep was incredible all the flashbacks were brilliant but i was hoping the person ronon ran into was ford that would have been amazing.

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

I loved this episode. Todd showed he's actually very deadly hand-to-hand, and Woolsey showed up too. Awesome.
                              It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                              --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Working...
                              X