PDA

View Full Version : The Head

mlarke
March 7th, 2008, 07:12 PM
This is effectively a useless thread but I feel that it must be mentioned.

Did anyone else think that as Michael emerged from his tent that it looked as if he had just decapitated Marylin Manson.

If I could do screencaps I would.

I actually spit out my beer a little bit because I was laughing.

Overall though, an enjoyable episode. Can't wait for the fall.

s09119
March 7th, 2008, 07:16 PM

Did anyone else think that as Michael emerged from his tent that it looked as if he had just decapitated Marylin Manson.

I thought it was fake-looking and kinda cheesey haha, but I still loved the episode.

Gaeth
March 7th, 2008, 07:17 PM

They've referred to the Wraith Queens as "Marylin Mansons" since first season, even on the set of the show itself. I loved the decapitation bit. You can't go wrong with decapitation.

mlarke
March 7th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I thought it was fake-looking and kinda cheesey haha,

but then again so is marylin manson.

Gaeth
March 7th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I thought it was fake-looking and kinda cheesey haha, but I still loved the episode.

Fake? I've seen decapitation from Al Qaeda videos, it actually looks alot like that. Marilyn Manson lookalikes notwithstanding.

jenks
March 7th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I'm surprised they did it to be honest, decapitation is pretty hardcore for Stargate...

Dark Soul
March 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah. Hardcore for stargate, I was also surprised. And why do you say Manson is cheesy or whatever you said? What's wrong with his music?

KindlyKeller
March 7th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Fake? I've seen decapitation from Al Qaeda videos, it actually looks alot like that. Marilyn Manson lookalikes notwithstanding.

I thought it looked good.

Dark Soul
March 7th, 2008, 07:30 PM
It did look good.

mlarke
March 7th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah. Hardcore for stargate, I was also surprised. And why do you say Manson is cheesy or whatever you said? What's wrong with his music?

It was meant as a joke. Although I'm not really much of a fan of him. He just doesn't do it for me. If you like him though, more power to ya. Lately I have been listening to a lot of traditional and contemporary celtic music. Along with the staples of Johnny Cash and Wyclef.

Yes I have eclectic tastes in music.

But whoever said the decapitation was pretty hardcore for stargate, you are definitely right. I don't think I've seen anything remotely close to that in any other episode.

Dark Soul
March 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I only like a few of his songs.

Man I can't wait until next season!!!

Gaeth
March 7th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I hope this opens the door for more decapitation and dismemberment. Perhaps we can see a certain star faced Wraith rend someone's arm off and beat them to death with it, and tear off their head and toss it at a fleeing enemy. Okay, maybe that's cornball but I can dream...

cynatnite
March 7th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I hope this opens the door for more decapitation and dismemberment. Perhaps we can see a certain star faced Wraith rend someone's arm off and beat them to death with it, and tear off their head and toss it at a fleeing enemy. Okay, maybe that's cornball but I can dream...

Well, they were playing around with a Wraith arm on the pilot episode. Took them a while to graduate to cutting off a head.

Gaeth
March 7th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Well, they were playing around with a Wraith arm on the pilot episode. Took them a while to graduate to cutting off a head.

I guess at this rate we'll have full disembowelment in three seasons.

MIZA
March 7th, 2008, 09:06 PM
hey was the wraith queen played by Andee Frizzell , cause she always plays them, i thought that might be her, but they didn't credit her in the beginning or maybe i missed it , thanks

Jeffala
March 7th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Fake? I've seen decapitation from Al Qaeda videosnotwithstanding.

I've never been able to watch one of those. I tried once, why I'm not sure, but I couldn't do it.

I'm surprised they did it to be honest, decapitation is pretty hardcore for Stargate...

Me too. I never thought I would see something like that.

wheresmyfroggy
March 7th, 2008, 10:19 PM
This thread title is extremely deceiving. :(

MathiasE
March 7th, 2008, 10:24 PM
This thread title is extremely deceiving. :(

In what way? Knew directly when seeing the threadtitle that it would be about the decapitated head.

Shan Bruce Lee
March 7th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I've never been able to watch one of those. I tried once, why I'm not sure, but I couldn't do it.

I have just once and I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit it made me cringe a little.

Me too. I never thought I would see something like that.

I'm about 90% sure I'm just remembering wrong but the other 10% swears I remember seeing a head on a stick somewhere in SG-1. But I could just be remembering a helmet or something too.

wheresmyfroggy
March 7th, 2008, 10:39 PM
In what way? Knew directly when seeing the threadtitle that it would be about the decapitated head.

Your mind is obviously not in the same gutter that mine seems to be wedged in. ;)

KiLL3r
March 7th, 2008, 10:41 PM
for a show that normally has no blood(much to my dismay) i thought the head was very well done.

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8052/wraithheadco3.jpg

cynatnite
March 7th, 2008, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=Shan Bruce Lee;7864558]I have just once and I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit it made me cringe a little.

I spent ten years in the medical field. I was an ER tech, EMT and an Army medic. I've seen a lot of crap, but never one of those.

I will say this. It's because of the horrible things I've seen that I never watched those things. I don't need video proof of man's inhumanity to man.

Besides, a video never does murder justice. Only in real life can a person truly understand what it means to take a life. I'll never understand why anyone would seek this sort of thing out.

Mitchell82
March 7th, 2008, 11:16 PM

As was I. That was quite a shock.

Jeffala
March 7th, 2008, 11:51 PM
I have just once and I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit it made me cringe a little.

I think, more than anything else, it was the screaming. I'm actually glad that I can't stand to watch them. I prefer it to being able to sit blithely through it.

I'm going to go be sad for a few minutes now.

AutumnDream
March 8th, 2008, 12:24 AM

A lot.

melfan
March 8th, 2008, 03:00 AM

:indeed:
Yup, when I first saw him cut off the queens head, I thought he just cut her throat. That quickly changed when he showed the Marilyn Manson head
:lol:

Southern Red
March 8th, 2008, 08:12 AM

And his mother comes to avenge his death but falls for Sheppard who follows her to her underwater lair where he... never mind.

I just wish the head had not been a redhead. I guess that hides the blood. But I feel violated. :lol:

dzineguy84
March 8th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I'm curious ... was she the last Wraith left?

I love that we keep seeing different depictions of Wraith queens. I feel it really gives depth to them. This one seemed like she was out there fighting the good fight instead of just sitting back. She had a wild spirit to her. Shame we couldn't see more of her. :(

Very effective scene, though. I think that's the first decap of a human that we've seen (Daniel's robot duplicate decap in s4's "Double Jeopardy" doesn't count).

Seperated@Birth?
March 8th, 2008, 09:39 PM

I love that we keep seeing different depictions of Wraith queens. I feel it really gives depth to them. This one seemed like she was out there fighting the good fight instead of just sitting back. She had a wild spirit to her. Shame we couldn't see more of her. :(

Very effective scene, though. I think that's the first decap of a human that we've seen (Daniel's robot duplicate decap in s4's "Double Jeopardy" doesn't count).

Agreed. VERY effective and definitely hardcore for Stargate (roboDaniel's was too).

Ezi_May
March 8th, 2008, 10:53 PM
hey was the wraith queen played by Andee Frizzell , cause she always plays them, i thought that might be her, but they didn't credit her in the beginning or maybe i missed it , thanks
The wraith queen was played by Andee Frizzell, she was listed in the credits at the end of the show.

kymeric
March 9th, 2008, 05:30 AM

Well mainly that hes a man but he wears alot of makeup and fake skin outfits with womans anatomy on it. I like his music but that get up it just 2 far into the deviant. The message of hate and revolution looses something imho when you are wearing fake breasts and dancing like a stripper.

talyn2k1
March 9th, 2008, 11:20 AM
While the decapitation is just a little more hardcore than we have ever seen on Stargate, I think it worked very well in the story to effectively convey just how brutal Michael and his followers are, and just how bad things get in the future.

Is it just me or did the head really not look much like the Queen it supposedly belonged to?

GoSpikey
March 9th, 2008, 11:40 AM
As was I. That was quite a shock.

I agree. It's not something I would have expected from Stargate, and not really from Michael, either. Did they get on a Hive then, and take the Queen, instead of just blowing it up like they did with the rest?

And do we even exactly see what he did with 'The Gift'? Sense if there were Queens around and possess them? Prolly just to control his followers even more effectively, and more of them...

Icarium
March 9th, 2008, 01:14 PM

I think she might have been the last queen :(

I hope to see her again in 'reset version' though...

Icarium

Ouroboros
March 9th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Is it just me or did the head really not look much like the Queen it supposedly belonged to?

Looking at it again here it looks more like Todd with a bad dye job.

Todd...:(

PG15
March 16th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Here's the head from behind the scenes, compared with the real head of Andee Frizzell in makeup:

http://blog.andeefrizzell.com/index.php?2008/03/16/14-your-amazing-photos

Not bad...

Demerzel
March 16th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I kinda liked what they did there.

But the most violent moment I've seen in SG has to be how Teal'c kills that guy at the end of Talion in S10. Pretty hardcore and bloody too, for an SG episode.

Ouroboros
March 17th, 2008, 08:25 AM
I can't help but think if there was any one of the hivequeen makeups they were going to waste on a 1 line 48 second appearence it shouldn't have been this one.

It's like "the hive" all over again.

Hopefully they'll reuse her in the "real" timeline because she's infinately better than the last two "Lizard queens" they've rolled out.

jenks
March 17th, 2008, 01:29 PM
She's going to be in 'The Queen' it seems...

Ouroboros
March 17th, 2008, 07:03 PM
She's going to be in 'The Queen' it seems...

Source on this?

PG15
March 17th, 2008, 07:47 PM
It's not nearly as clear-cut as you think:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=7915426&postcount=38

Ouroboros
March 17th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I read that posting to. I was wondering if there was something else more concrete out there maybe. If this potentially leads into the possability of a recurring hivequeen character though, well "it's about damn time" I think covers it pretty well.

The Wraith still lack a recurring villian. Todd's not a villian and Michael's not a Wraith.

Jill_Ion
March 19th, 2008, 06:00 AM
I also thought showing the decapitated head, heck Michael cutting off her head, was very hardcore for Stargate. (Just like Teal'c final battle in Talion - I kept thinking, "This is Stargate?! Damn!")

He could've just showed her dead body, but I guess with the Wraith's regeneration powers, one couldn't be sure she wouldn't pop up and go, "Now you're in big trouble, little man!"

Plus, I think he wanted to show ultimate domination, and decapitation is pretty darn dominating.

My theory is that she was the last Queen. I don't think there are that many Queens in the first place, like many insect species. Kill them all off and the Wraith can't reproduce...or clone.

The Head does look a bit M. Manson-ish, but close enough to the Queen to be believable.

For me, I will never try to see a real murder on video. Fictional death can be hard enough to watch (or kind of exhilarating - depending upon who dies and who's killing - sadly weird, but true). I don't need to see it for real.

Icarium
March 19th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I also think that she could be the very last queen. But I also thought that she could be somehow important to Michael or for Wraith. We don't know enough about Michael and Wraith but maybe she was Michael's 'original' queen (I think that maybe Wraith are transferred between hives when they reach certain age - but that's a wild theory only) or the queen of the hive he had to escape from after the Lanteans screwed him fot the second time. Or she could be also a very powerful one, e.g. having a large fleet or some outstanding tactics against Michael, etc.
Hope it wasn't said before as I didn't visit this thread for a while :)

Icarium