PDA

View Full Version : Last Man Live discussion?

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I guess ill start this if anyone wants to join me. Im excited looks good from the previews. Starts in like 3 minutes.

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Im diggin the red look.

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Spooky

GATEGOD
March 7th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Looks awesome so far ;)

IWantToBelieve
March 7th, 2008, 06:03 PM
The starting scenes were pretty good!

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 06:04 PM
lets hope its not all down hill from here.

ussrelativity
March 7th, 2008, 06:06 PM
And watch as the users viewing this thread goes from 3-5 to 200-300!

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 06:08 PM
running running running

GATEGOD
March 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM
hahaha Michael is awesome!!

ussrelativity
March 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Anyone screencap capable?

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Ive never liked the wraith nad the fact that this whole plot thing is "such a big deal" sucks

technoextreme
March 7th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Ancient technology is built to last a ridiculously long time without proper maintenance.

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Would have been cooler if the weirplicators were involved and not michael or if he teamed up with them.

IWantToBelieve
March 7th, 2008, 06:19 PM
No screen caps from me, but just hit the second commercial, first act after the teaser, and it's very good! Not what I expected so far but even better. Instead of spending the bulk of the episode reliving the history, the story is being told concisely and doesn't seem like it's going to take up too much time. In case you don't want to know the big spoiler so far, behind the tag:

Teyla did die, Michael used the baby to take control.

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 06:19 PM
They were worried about it lasting 10000 years till wier was unfrozen, now we are talking an additional 50k. Thats not bad. Much longer than i think they expected, and atlantis is holding up better than that one that was in the woods.

Ezi_May
March 7th, 2008, 06:20 PM
That special effect going from young Rodney to old Rodney was amazing!!

markaudette
March 7th, 2008, 06:20 PM
After four seasons, this show has begun to chew its own foot off. That and recycle their own storylines.

/sigh....

:(

technoextreme
March 7th, 2008, 06:21 PM
They were worried about it lasting 10000 years till wier was unfrozen, now we are talking an additional 50k. Thats not bad. Much longer than i think they expected, and atlantis is holding up better than that one that was in the woods.
Well 10,000 years was with a power supply. The power supply probably died a long time ago.
EDIT:
Love the sandstorm quip from John.

daniel9
March 7th, 2008, 06:22 PM
why do i think this is a asuran/replicator trick?

ussrelativity
March 7th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Keep the great details coming!

GATEGOD
March 7th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I hate that this is the what will never happen episode, I wish it did!! hah sorry but it would be cooler ^_^

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Going from bad to worse for shepard

USMCgrunt
March 7th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I do not believe that a 304 would be taken down that easily. How hard would it have been to just send three 304's and just totally pwn Michael in a week and be done with it?

technoextreme
March 7th, 2008, 06:31 PM
After four seasons, this show has begun to chew its own foot off. That and recycle their own storylines.

/sigh....

:(
Sigh. I hate this because lord knows it was a chewing someone else's foot back whenever the original storyline occurred.
Going from bad to worse for shepard
Yeah I think being incinerated instantly is quite possibly the worst that can happen. Im kind of confused as to McKay not anticipating that possibility.

djkbb5
I wish they were a little more like there was this huge war blah blah blah, right now they are taking the easy way out killing everyone off pretty lamely. If they mention wier that would be cool. Or talk about something else that is going to happen next season, kind of like they did in Star gate Voyager with the year of hell. They talked about this story briefly in a time travel ep and then later it was a multi ep arc, a good one at that. That would be cool if htey did that a little here.

IWantToBelieve
The visual effects are gorgeous. Love the emotion too.

technoextreme
March 7th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Bandito Shepard is cool.

markaudette
March 7th, 2008, 06:33 PM
THIS is Ceti Alpha Five!!!

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 06:35 PM
TODD!!! how cool. It would be cooll if ford showed up too.

GATEGOD
March 7th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Hahaha Ronon/Todd? are so awesome!!!!

markaudette
March 7th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Ronan: Sorry. Force of habit.

Todd: Indeed.

LOL!!

:)

IWantToBelieve
March 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Ronon and Todd, that's so cool, and poor sand-blasted Sheppard.

GATEGOD
March 7th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Everyone is so freaking cool in this episode lol. And they're all going to rewrite history and go back in time so it never happens most likely :(

ussrelativity
March 7th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Any sign of the Phoenix?

----I'm playing the episode in my head based on details gathered in these posts. :D

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I think the most used word in all stargate episodes is INDEED, must be the writers favorite, or they only know one word in english. But it reminds me fondly of tealc

USMCgrunt
March 7th, 2008, 06:40 PM
TODD!!! how cool. It would be cooll if ford showed up too.
I was thinking the same thing. What if Ford just showed up and was like "I'm back homies" and started to kill some hybrids.

technoextreme
Any sign of the Phoenix?

----I'm playing the episode in my head based on details gathered in these posts. :D
Ummm... They blew it up all ready.

Ezi_May
I like the way Ronon and Todd went out together.

Fenrir Foxz
March 7th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I think the most used word in all stargate episodes is INDEED, must be the writers favorite, or they only know one word in english. But it reminds me fondly of tealc

INDEED! :P

ussrelativity
March 7th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Ummm... They blew it up all ready.

Aww...... -[bleep]!!!

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I know what im doing on the 11th at like 8 am

technoextreme
March 7th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Is it just me or did Sheppard's glasses change?

daniel9
March 7th, 2008, 06:43 PM
i am REALLY starting to think this is a replicator trick. hm anyone think it strange that there is no mention at all of the supposed ppl who helped michael with the virus and everything?

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Haha i wonder when they added teh last little bit into it with wolsy

technoextreme
March 7th, 2008, 06:44 PM
i am REALLY starting to think this is a replicator trick. hm anyone think it strange that there is no mention at all of the supposed ppl who helped michael with the virus and everything?
Nope. Here comes some foreshadowing. Wolsey is the leader of Atlantis!!!

Jeffala
March 7th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Wolsey is the leader of Atlantis!!!

And he looks like an idiot in that outfit.

Someone call the Voyager costumers!

ussrelativity
March 7th, 2008, 06:46 PM
How did the battle go?

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I am not a fan of that hook up.

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Funny thing is thats the old atlantis outfits. And i hope wolsy isnt like that when he is boss cause the show will suck

USMCgrunt
How did the battle go?
Badly for us.

markaudette
It's always nice to see the SGC again.

TameFarrar
March 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Folks Until the OFFICIAL EPISODE THREAD is open please use spoiler tags for anything regarding what you have seen since others will be using this thread in other time zones

Please go back and edit your own posts as well - Thank you
since the Official thread is NOW open :D YAY

Thank you
TameFarrar
GateWorld Moderator

Jeffala
March 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM
This episode is both horrible and wonderful.

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Hahah lorn in charge of sgc

markaudette
March 7th, 2008, 06:51 PM
For an episode that basically will never happen, boy! is it a star-studded guest appearance extravanganza!

GATEGOD
Woah, Lorne!! yet another awesome character!!

Jeffala
Nice to see Jeannie again, too.

LORNE!

Interesting future uniform.

ussrelativity
March 7th, 2008, 06:53 PM
WOW! This is all awesome information! Keep it up!

GATEGOD
March 7th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Nice to see Jeannie again, too.

LORNE!

Interesting future uniform.

I so want it to turn out like this, haha but it isn't going to!! Everyone is so cool in the future.

Ezi_May
March 7th, 2008, 06:58 PM
"Did I still have hair?" LOL

Jeffala
March 7th, 2008, 07:00 PM
The writers are hateful, evil people!

djkbb5
what in the ?????

GATEGOD
Awesome they're all dead ... yea.. right.. haha but awesome!!

Ezi_May
What?!?!?!?!?!?!

djkbb5
March 7th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Wish we could have seen him go through the gate and not just out.

djkbb5
Doesnt even make sense.

GATEGOD
Why show that if they aren't going to be dead. You can't kill them all off.. and yet they show it as if they do :/

technoextreme
March 7th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Why show that if they aren't going to be dead. You can't kill them all off.. and yet they show it as if they do :/
Easy. They all die except McKay. Then we get to do the same thing over again.:)

Jeffala
March 7th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Only the upper levels seemed to explode, right? The rest collapsed. They could have survived under some of those "beams" that blocked McKay's exit from that room.

As an aside, why the hell would he take the risk of accessing an alien computer knowing how tricksy like Hobbitses Michael is?

padr49904
March 7th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Wow this was one of the best episodes i've seen. They made the cliffhanger perfect for someone like me. I don't have to wait like 4 months to see it, and almost die in the process from all the stress. But i would of liked it more if they would of told what happened to Beckett. And are they gonna bring the phoenix back in?

Vulcan611
March 7th, 2008, 07:09 PM
what if the compound was beneath the building underground and that was the way in

Dark Soul
March 7th, 2008, 07:10 PM
They are all dead. There will be no season 5 lol...

And to the person who said this was a repeated idea or whatever.. When did they ever go to the future... 48,000 years.. and kill everyone else off in the past? Nope this is a fresh new idea it seems like to me. Just because they mention 1969 doesnt make this recycled..

Dark Soul
March 7th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Wow this was one of the best episodes i've seen. They made the cliffhanger perfect for someone like me. I don't have to wait like 4 months to see it, and almost die in the process from all the stress. But i would of liked it more if they would of told what happened to Beckett. And are they gonna bring the phoenix back in?

Why dont you have to wait 4 months to see it?

Vulcan611
March 7th, 2008, 07:12 PM
next season is then

Jeffala
March 7th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Why dont you have to wait 4 months to see it?

S5 starts in the summer, right?. Worst case scenario that's August, which is only 5 months away.

Dark Soul
March 7th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I know thats when the next season is... He said "I don't have to wait like 4 months to see it, and almost die in the process from all the stress" Take out the word don't and it would make more sense to me. I mean why does he NOT have to wait when everyone else HAS to wait..?

padr49904
March 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Sorry its worded weird i meant i don't have to die from the stress. The don't is emphasized on the dying from the stress part not from the waiting 4 months to see it.

Sorry if i am really confusing.

cynatnite
March 7th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Very promising episode that ended lamely, IMO. Previous season finales were far better.

s09119
March 7th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Very promising episode that ended lamely, IMO. Previous season finales were far better.

Why? Because the end sucked the entire episode becomes bad? 99.9% of it was amazing!

cynatnite
March 7th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Why? Because the end sucked the entire episode becomes bad? 99.9% of it was amazing!

A bad ending can ruin a decent movie. No different here, IMO. I thought it was an intriguing episode from the previews, but all we got was a walk to a stasis pod talking about the past with some decent looking flashbacks. As an alternate timeline I liked it.

I just thought that it had a lot to be desired for a season finale. This was lame, IMO. It's a 'did they all die' ending which has been so done to death. This episode adds nothing to the story arc at all, IMO. It's more like a midseason two parter than a season finale.

Just my two cents.

markaudette
March 7th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I'm looking around trying to find my own stasis pod, programmed to deactivate when season 5's premiere will show.

Myles
March 7th, 2008, 08:02 PM
A bad ending can ruin a decent movie. No different here, IMO. I thought it was an intriguing episode from the previews, but all we got was a walk to a stasis pod talking about the past with some decent looking flashbacks. As an alternate timeline I liked it.

I just thought that it had a lot to be desired for a season finale. This was lame, IMO. It's a 'did they all die' ending which has been so done to death. This episode adds nothing to the story arc at all, IMO. It's more like a midseason two parter than a season finale.

Just my two cents.

Wow...while I'm not at all in suspense over the ending, I liked everything else about the episode. But then again, I generally like the 'what could be' plots.

cynatnite
March 7th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Wow...while I'm not at all in suspense over the ending, I liked everything else about the episode. But then again, I generally like the 'what could be' plots.

I generally do, too. SG1's had plenty of them and they were all great. This one just didn't have that feel to it at all.

But then, thinking about it, Shep could have gated to another alternate timeline. Now, that would be interesting, IMO.

Myles
March 7th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I generally do, too. SG1's had plenty of them and they were all great. This one just didn't have that feel to it at all.

But then, thinking about it, Shep could have gated to another alternate timeline. Now, that would be interesting, IMO.

I though this had a great feel to it. Showing the bad side of things is something they don't get to do often since the good guys have to win and they can't do AU or timeline resets every couple episodes.

Now Sheppard has to stop the mess from happening.