Why does the SGC use the P-90 and the 9mm Berreta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does the SGC use the P-90 and the 9mm Berreta

Why does the SGC use the P-90 and the 9mm Berreta. The P-90 has no mele capibility and the Beretta uses a 9mm which is weak. There are so many better weapons that SGC can use such as the M4 Carbine or the Colt .45 as a sidearm.
    sigpic

Originally posted by P-51D Mustang View Post
    Why does the SGC use the P-90 and the 9mm Berreta. The P-90 has no mele capibility and the Beretta uses a 9mm which is weak. There are so many better weapons that SGC can use such as the M4 Carbine or the Colt .45 as a sidearm.
    I think its because not that many people have seen the weapon before and it looks sweet.

Now if I had to choose a weapon I would pick the FAMAS, it looks sweet and it has the punch and high fire rate, along with a .45.
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

There are so many better weapons that SGC can use such as the M4 Carbine or the Colt .45 as a sidearm.
      I agree an M4 (with an M2 Grenade launcher on it) and a Colt. 45 would be a little more effectine.
      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

The FN-P90 is an awsome weapon, and it holds the record for being one of the most accurate automatic weapons. Note the P90 is an SMG class weapon which is Ideal for an exploration team, and as you see Support teams carrie G-3K, M16, SPAS (Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun) and Rocket Launchers. We just see SG-1 more than most who uses the FN-P90 because there an Exploration Team, also being the one most likley get in trouble off world so the FN-P90 is used because its accurate, has large ammo capacity, compact easy to manouver with, and is highly customisible able to fit Laser Sight, Grenade Launchers, Stocks, flash lights, silencers and much more. Therfore making it an Ideal Compact weapon.
        FN-P90
        http://www.ea.com/armyoftwo/weaponsl...conId=10862327
        http://world.guns.ru/smg/fn_p90_1.jpg

As for the 9mm I agree they could use somthing more efficient but most "Hand Guns" more powerfull or accurate then the 9mm are ussually bigger (Harder to Conceal) or hold less ammunation.
        Pure.

Comment

The P-90 and the M-4 are different tools for different jobs. Columbian special ops use them. (possibly in their recent and much noted raid into Ecuador) Also used by us Secret Service. The last time some dumb ass jumped the fence at the white house, he was surrounded by agents wielding the P-90.

It was a weapon designed to be used against lightly armoured enemies. Something most submachine guns aren't good at. Jaffa wear armor, so a weapon ideal for spec ops (submachine guns) also good at penetrating armor is an obvious choice.

Oh, and it does look cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Maedhros_Sea View Post
            The P-90 and the M-4 are different tools for different jobs. Columbian special ops use them. (possibly in their recent and much noted raid into Ecuador) Also used by us Secret Service. The last time some dumb ass jumped the fence at the white house, he was surrounded by agents wielding the P-90.

It was a weapon designed to be used against lightly armoured enemies. Something most submachine guns aren't good at. Jaffa wear armor, so a weapon ideal for spec ops (submachine guns) also good at penetrating armor is an obvious choice.

Oh, and it does look cool.

Thanks for that Maedhros_Sea couldnt of said it better myself, And it doesnt look cool. It looks awsome XD
            Pure.

Comment

Well, the 9MM is standard issue for the US military. Hey, they finally got something right.
              The P90 is used because RDA likes it.

Comment

Here are some good threads to check out

P-90's out of Date

Why don't P-90s use Silencers?

Pistols used in Atlantis

Sheppards Sidearm

But I think the P90 is great for the role it does for stargate

Also the reason that the M9 was used in season 1 of atlantis was that when the Expidtion was sent they wanted a standarized weapon and and with 9mm rounds they can carry more then the heavier .45 round also they didn't know of the wraith and how strong there were but after season 1 when they could get resupplied regualrly sheppard started using the M1911 clone which was more powerful
                Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                So whats the worst that could happen?
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Why does the SGC use the P-90 and the 9mm Berreta. The P-90 has no mele capibility
                  As in it's not the best thing to hit someone over the head with?

and the Beretta uses a 9mm which is weak.
                  Anyone who says that a 9mm is weak should try getting shot with one.
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                    Anyone who says that a 9mm is weak should try getting shot with one.
                    It has a higer velocity then the .45 round which means better pentraction however the .45 had better stopping power but the 9mm round is easier to be carried along with carrying more

So its a give and take between the .45 and the 9mm
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic
                    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                      I agree an M4 (with an M2 Grenade launcher on it) and a Colt. 45 would be a little more effectine.
                      but the M4 is out dated I would prefer a masada and a MK16

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
                        but the M4 is out dated I would prefer a masada and a MK16
                        If its so outdated why is it still used so much in the current US military?
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic

Comment

Basically i will restate every reason i said on other threads. The P90 trigger to barrel distance is small, comparable to the size of a pistol. The small turn radius makes it safer when turning tight corners, while an M4 would have a large turn radius. It also makes it safer when in urban situations, it's field performance almost matches that of the M4 and surpases the MP5. It's versatile and unique aslo making it more captivating for an audience. Its a wise choice for the show plot and to capture the eye of viewers
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                            If its so outdated why is it still used so much in the current US military?
                            Yeah, but the US armed forces wanted to replace it for a several times(XM8, OICW). Nowadays one of the chance is the H&K 416. On the other hand it's still one of the main weapons of the US armed forces, so it could be used in SG or Atlantis.

Comment

as for the P-90 id just repeat what other people have said \

as for the 9mil i know several soldiors and they all like the M9 for one reason, the amount of ammo it carries. most soldiors would prefer to unload 16 rounds into a enemy than just 7 or 8, so in the end calibre dosnt really matter

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                              Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                              X