• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 5 Confirmed for Summer Premiere!

Alex Levine's blog...

on

SCI FI .com

So... end of the broadcast season. Whew! There goes another one. Another great one. I have to say, Season 4 was definitely my favoritest Atlantis season so far, but season 5 is showing promise. And hey, with our improved ratings, I can't help thinking about a possible season 6! Granted, some believe our ratings got a boost because the WGC strike resulted in less original dramatic programming in our timeslot, but Robert Cooper and I believe that eyeballs are eyeballs -- who can say whether these viewers that joined us because their regular programming was suspended won't just stay with us into Season 5. The good news: we're airing early this year, starting in the summer. So hopefully our ratings will stay up, and most importantly, you won't have long to wait for more Stargate.
    http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/
    sigpic

*breaks out the champagne*

Awesome, July here we come
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Alex Levine's blog...
      on
      SCI FI .com

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/
      FRELLING AWSOME!!!!

Comment

I was hoping for a fall release.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

awesome news!
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            awesome news!
            Indeed. I don't mind the mid-season hiatus, if it means a chance for higher ratings for the beginning of the season.
            sigpic

Comment

Indeed. I don't mind the mid-season hiatus, if it means a chance for higher ratings for the beginning of the season.
              Well as you've been saying, good ratings for the first lot of eps will help a 6th season so it's all working out for the best

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                Well as you've been saying, good ratings for the first lot of eps will help a 6th season so it's all working out for the best
                and from what I hear of the first half of Season 5 there does not look to be a bad egg in the batch
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                  A renewal decision is made by using the 2nd half of the previous season and sometimes the first few eps of the current season. So in this case for S6, it would be Season 4.5 and Season 5.0 (First few eps).
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    I was hoping for a fall release.
                    Dude, Battlestar Galactica may be able to finish it's season afterall.
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                      Dude, Battlestar Galactica may be able to finish it's season afterall.
                      Yup, in the fall!
                      sigpic

Comment

A renewal decision is made by using the 2nd half of the previous season and sometimes the first few eps of the current season. So in this case for S6, it would be Season 4.5 and Season 5.0 (First few eps).
                        Yup, as long as everything else in the decision making works out S6 looks really likely... Hopefully the ratings for the first few eps will do as well as expected

Comment

Well, I prefer the shorter midseason breaks, but as long as they don't start putting out half-season sets like BSG does, I'll be ok.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            Well, I prefer the shorter midseason breaks, but as long as they don't start putting half-season sets like BSG does, I'll be ok.
                            You mean like SGA's Season 3, 7 month hiatus?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              Well, I prefer the shorter midseason breaks, but as long as they don't start putting out half-season sets like BSG does, I'll be ok.
                              That would suck... and shush don't give the marketing guys ideas

Comment

Working...
                              X