Michael's retrovirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael's retrovirus

Im not sure if anyone has brought this up before but why didn't Beckett make the retrovirus work like Michael did. I mean taking away the need for the wraith to feed.

Michael's way of using it on humans may be wrong but if had been used on the wraith wouldn't that be helpful. It might make them stronger and all but it would also stop the major issue of them needing to feed.

After the retrovirus failed to keep the wraith human why didn't they try to at least get rid of some of wraith characteristics. It may be just me but I think Michael's retrovirus has alot of potential, couldn't it be used almost in the same way tretonin is used on the jaffa.

Originally posted by knowitall View Post
    Im not sure if anyone has brought this up before but why didn't Beckett make the retrovirus work like Michael did. I mean taking away the need for the wraith to feed.
    Spoiler:
    Beckett helped to develop the Hoffian drug. This is the one which Michael 'improved' so it only kills 30% of the population instead of 50%. Any Wraith who feeds on a human with this drug in his/her system is poisoned and ends up dead. Beckett's own retrovirus turned Wraith human but made them lose their memories. As yet we have no idea what Michael used to stop his need to feed or make himself look more human. Maybe it's a refined version of the retrovirus or something different.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
      Spoiler:
      Beckett helped to develop the Hoffian drug. This is the one which Michael 'improved' so it only kills 30% of the population instead of 50%. Any Wraith who feeds on a human with this drug in his/her system is poisoned and ends up dead. Beckett's own retrovirus turned Wraith human but made them lose their memories. As yet we have no idea what Michael used to stop his need to feed or make himself look more human. Maybe it's a refined version of the retrovirus or something different.
      Spoiler:
      And do we know for certain that it was Michael who did the adapting to the Hoffan virus? Could have been both? Or am I not remembering something from the Carson scenes cos I prefer Wraith ones?

If Michael did adapt it, brought it down to 'only 30%', it's awfully kind of him...

Still 30% though.

Shoulda put *Spoilers* in the thread title...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Not bothering with spoilers now seeing as the topic's been moved.

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
        If Michael did adapt it, brought it down to 'only 30%', it's awfully kind of him...
        The fewer people who die from it the more he has to convert to his hybrids after the rest of the Wraith have been poisoned. If he thinks he's going to get rid of the Wraith what does he intend to do with all his hybrids, though? Is he lonely and thinks that ruling a new species will solve the problem or what?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
          Not bothering with spoilers now seeing as the topic's been moved.

The fewer people who die from it the more he has to convert to his hybrids after the rest of the Wraith have been poisoned. If he thinks he's going to get rid of the Wraith what does he intend to do with all his hybrids, though? Is he lonely and thinks that ruling a new species will solve the problem or what?
          You think he wants to convert everybody in the galaxy? That would be strange. Part of being the 'dominant species in the galaxy' means keeping the weaker ones around.

Yeah, he things conquering the galaxy will solve his probs. Well, he should not be chased down any more, by Wraith and advanced humans. It's quite silly of him that he thinks he's going to succeed against let's say 50 Hives, and the Lanteans. He can't have Hive Ships loyal to himself, right? Cos which Wraith would side with a crazy half-Wraith who wants to terminate his former family members?

And it must pain him to some extend to keep all those minds in check? That's why he needs the kid?

Comment

You think he wants to convert everybody in the galaxy? That would be strange. Part of being the 'dominant species in the galaxy' means keeping the weaker ones around.

Yeah, he things conquering the galaxy will solve his probs. Well, he should not be chased down any more, by Wraith and advanced humans. It's quite silly of him that he thinks he's going to succeed against let's say 50 Hives, and the Lanteans. He can't have Hive Ships loyal to himself, right? Cos which Wraith would side with a crazy half-Wraith who wants to terminate his former family members?

And it must pain him to some extend to keep all those minds in check? That's why he needs the kid?
            Yeah you keep the weaker ones around so you can boss them around and get them to do all your dirty work. I don't think he wants to exterminate everything and everyone in the galaxy he just wants to make it so *HE* is the dominate one. It would be his way of getting back at all those who tried to kill him or change him b/c he was different. The bullied becomes the bully.
            Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
            &=AWESOME &Forever
            No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Knowing Micheal I wouldn't be surprised if he plans to find Earth after he dominates Pegasus and get some more revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                Knowing Micheal I wouldn't be surprised if he plans to find Earth after he dominates Pegasus and get some more revenge.
                Yet Michael has no business on Earth... And what is he going to eat in the emptiness between the Pegasus Galaxy and the Milky Way? TV Dinners?

Comment

Yet Michael has no business on Earth... And what is he going to eat in the emptiness between the Pegasus Galaxy and the Milky Way? TV Dinners?

Well his need to feed has been removed so who's to say he wants to eat anything at all?
                  Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                  Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
                    Well his need to feed has been removed so who's to say he wants to eat anything at all?
                    Remember him licking his finger in The Kindred, Part 1.

So he does eat.

Comment

Originally posted by knowitall View Post

Michael's way of using it on humans may be wrong but if had been used on the wraith wouldn't that be helpful. It might make them stronger and all but it would also stop the major issue of them needing to feed.

After the retrovirus failed to keep the wraith human why didn't they try to at least get rid of some of wraith characteristics. It may be just me but I think Michael's retrovirus has alot of potential, couldn't it be used almost in the same way tretonin is used on the jaffa.
                      Perhaps because michael is more acutly aware of wraith biogenetics he was able to progress the retrovirus more than becket was able to do.

Comment

You can quote yourself, right?

After The Last Man:

Spoiler:
                        *Eats own words.*

Edit:

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                        Yeah you keep the weaker ones around so you can boss them around and get them to do all your dirty work. I don't think he wants to exterminate everything and everyone in the galaxy he just wants to make it so *HE* is the dominate one. It would be his way of getting back at all those who tried to kill him or change him b/c he was different. The bullied becomes the bully.
                        You really should:

Spoiler:
                        Eat your own words, too.

Comment

Working...
                        X