PDA

View Full Version : season 5 some info read in scifi magazine

jw77
March 4th, 2008, 06:59 PM
i read this in scifi magazine. Now that the asurans haev been basically wiped out and the wraith are weakend. More advanced races that have remain hidden like the geni will begin to make there presence felt in pegasus. Anyone have good ideas for races in pegasus. please list them

Jeffala
March 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM
My greatest desire is that the Daedalus beam a nuke into the Genii underground complex.

Dark lord me
March 4th, 2008, 08:03 PM
My greatest desire is that the Daedalus beam a nuke into the Genii underground complex.
But the we lose the genii so there goes a few ( mabye good ) episodes

Jeffala
March 4th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I've been nothing but bored by them since they were introduced. Drop a Mark IX in there.

Mckay&CrichtonFan
March 5th, 2008, 05:16 AM
I think they should have Thors' cousins living there trying to rebuild there race. Maybe a new threat from another galaxy arrives. People that would actually pose a threat to ancient technology. Maybe McKay can come up with some new technology to fight them off. He needs a little more pressure in his life. :)

rarocks24
March 5th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Foothold aliens.

That is all.

Fenrir Foxz
March 5th, 2008, 08:50 AM

I've been nothing but bored by them since they were introduced. Drop a Mark IX in there.

:lol:
Arn't we nuke happy :P

...I would like to see it happen but not for the Genii to be wiped out, just the BOOM!!! :D

Jeffala
March 5th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Arn't we nuke happy :P

My first thought was for a Horizon, but that's more a missile system than a bomb. Of course, it could be adapted...

Mitchell82
March 5th, 2008, 11:33 AM

I love the Genii so I don't want them wiped out. Now beaming a nuke into Lucius's house(after evacuating the planet and tying him to a chair of course.)

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 5th, 2008, 11:34 AM
I love the Genii so I don't want them wiped out. Now beaming a nuke into Lucius's house(after evacuating the planet and tying him to a chair of course.)

ooooooh lucius just annoys me he was a bad charatcher

Mitchell82
March 5th, 2008, 11:36 AM

I liked him but two episodes is more than enough. Only time I want him back is for a gruesome death.

coolguy55220
March 5th, 2008, 12:59 PM
i hate the geni, i dont enjoy ne of the episodes with them in it... when i see the preview of next weeks episode having anything to do with the genii, my enthusiasm just goes away lol dunno y..
we need to have a new mini enemies.. I really like the Bob and Michael as sub group of the Wraith, adds something different... Just like how the gou'ld started breaking into different groups during the progression of SG1.

Although, season 5 is supposed to introduce the travelers so that'll be cool to see.

Jeffala
March 5th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Although, season 5 is supposed to introduce the travelers so that'll be cool to see.

But wasn't that already done in the season 4 episode "Travelers"?

Jumper_One
March 5th, 2008, 02:07 PM
But wasn't that already done in the season 4 episode "Travelers"?

:indeed:

Heaven
March 5th, 2008, 02:30 PM
i read this in scifi magazine. Now that the asurans haev been basically wiped out and the wraith are weakend. More advanced races that have remain hidden like the geni will begin to make there presence felt in pegasus. Anyone have good ideas for races in pegasus. please list them
that sounds like good news
hope it turns out to be true

LiquidSky
March 5th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I want them to keep the Wraith. They did introduce a new race that was the travlers. They didn't impress me. It has to do with Larren I think that's how you spell her name. I don't know if the PTB will go anywhere with them in season five.

How about a race that is older than the ancients. A race that orginally seeded the galaxy than went away maybe due to a plague or some other reason. Then they come back reclaiming the galaxy. Just a thought on introducing yet another new race. in PG. Just don't get rid of the Wraith.

LS

Mitchell82
March 5th, 2008, 07:43 PM
i hate the geni, i dont enjoy ne of the episodes with them in it... when i see the preview of next weeks episode having anything to do with the genii, my enthusiasm just goes away lol dunno y..
we need to have a new mini enemies.. I really like the Bob and Michael as sub group of the Wraith, adds something different... Just like how the gou'ld started breaking into different groups during the progression of SG1.

Really? My enthusiasim spiked especially if Koyla was there.

Jeffala
March 5th, 2008, 08:04 PM
How about a race that is older than the ancients. A race that orginally seeded the galaxy than went away maybe due to a plague or some other reason. Then they come back reclaiming the galaxy. Just a thought on introducing yet another new race. in PG. Just don't get rid of the Wraith.

"Hi, we're the Precursors. We want your little galaxy. Get out."

Gaeth
March 6th, 2008, 10:47 PM

Yeah, and no one on the show was like "Hey this guy is a serial rapist, let us bring him to justice post haste." Nope they just let him go.

LS

Yes! I like that, and they should be really alien with like tentacles and everything.

Mitchell82
March 6th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Yeah, and no one on the show was like "Hey this guy is a serial rapist, let us bring him to justice post haste." Nope they just let him go.
Because it wasn't. They still had free will.

Yes! I like that, and they should be really alien with like tentacles and everything.
Personally I'd love an enemy race like the Xindi from Enterprise. Not just one enemy but a race that is built on more than one species.

Gaeth
March 7th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Because it wasn't. They still had free will.

No they were drugged, if you take away someone's ability to say 'no' that's rape. He was using that chemical like a mass effect rufie. On the DVD commentary they even admitted that hadn't occurred to them.

jenks
March 7th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Their ability to say no wasn't taken away, it was influenced. They still had free will.

Gaeth
March 7th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Their ability to say no wasn't taken away, it was influenced. They still had free will.

So everyone willingly allowed Lucius to do all that stuff on Atlantis? Ronon willingly held Rodney down so Lucius could affect him with the drug.? Dr Weir willingly wanted to marry him? The chemical Lucius used overrode their normal cognizant function, they weren't in their right minds because of that chemical. Rohypnol doesn't just knock you out, it impairs motor skill and cognition before you go unconscious. Having sex with someone under these conditions prior to unconsciousness is still rape, it can be hard to prove in a court of law but it's still rape. Lucius's chemical effected their minds and judgment in a similar matter. Lucius didn't talk his way into Atlantis, he wasn't some charismatic cult leader he got what he wanted by poisoning people.

jenks
March 8th, 2008, 09:06 AM
So everyone willingly allowed Lucius to do all that stuff on Atlantis? Ronon willingly held Rodney down so Lucius could affect him with the drug.? Dr Weir willingly wanted to marry him?

At the time? Yes.

The chemical Lucius used overrode their normal cognizant function, they weren't in their right minds because of that chemical. Rohypnol doesn't just knock you out, it impairs motor skill and cognition before you go unconscious. Having sex with someone under these conditions prior to unconsciousness is still rape, it can be hard to prove in a court of law but it's still rape. Lucius's chemical effected their minds and judgment in a similar matter. Lucius didn't talk his way into Atlantis, he wasn't some charismatic cult leader he got what he wanted by poisoning people.

No one's saying what he did wasn't immoral, but on the other hand he can consume whatever he likes, there's no way in hell he'd be convicted of rape for this in a court of law.

thekillman
March 8th, 2008, 10:34 AM
well i was thinking. maybe just have a race thats very remote, and is like sg1, but then mainly ancient tech combined with theirs, not asgard. they have prometheus/deadalus like ships, utilize ancient shields, ancient stunners, ancient personal shields, ancient pulse weapons, and have an arctic superweapon. they posses 5 auroras. now, that'be fun

Aryk Celestis
March 8th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I agree with some of the posts in here: the Stargate franchise needs a new big, bad enemy. My preferences and ideas:

1) A totally new, original species, preferably alien. I'm getting just a little tired of all the human species. In case of the Jaffa and the Goa'uld, it was a very interesting explanation and I think we can all live with the fact that the Ancients seeded the Pegasus Galaxy with human life aswell, but come on. This is still sci-fi! Something truly alien would be appreciated!

2) Very powerful but they must have a flaw that keeps them from wiping everyone out. Again, it was handled well with the Goa'uld in the past as they were all too arrogant to consider us a threat and were far too pre-occupied with bashing each other's heads in rather than ours.

3) I believe they should be technologically advanced to the point that their standard cruisers are equal to or a shade better than our Asgard-upgraded 304's, but they'd come in far greater numbers and have motherships that are just too big to do any considerable damage to (which makes it obvious that Earth could never ward off an assault should they choose to attack).

My idea for a good new bad guy: an alien race that was either cast out of their galaxy/part of the universe by another species or had to leave for other reasons. They take a massive fleet to move their entire people (or what's left of them) and find the Pegasus Galaxy, which they begin to colonise. They don't have any bad intentions per se, but their presence complicates things for the Pegasus Galaxy's inhabitants. Some strike back against them and are subsequently wiped out. The Atlantis crew could understand their need for a new home but there's just not enough room for them. It would be a very fragile balance as the crew wouldn't want to piss off their whole race, but don't want them take over the Pegasus Galaxy too much either.

Gaeth
March 8th, 2008, 08:41 PM
At the time? Yes.

No, it was because of the chemical he could do all that.

No one's saying what he did wasn't immoral, but on the other hand he can consume whatever he likes, there's no way in hell he'd be convicted of rape for this in a court of law.

Wow, that's what I already said. I already said it would be hard to prove in a court of law (understatement). But rape is often a hard crime to prove anyway, especially date rape. However, everyone in that village and on Atlantis knew he was using that chemical (after the fact) so if the villagers had decided to punish him they'd have plenty of cause and empirical evidence. Perhaps he did get imprisoned and he managed to get out....Hopefully we never see him again.

PG15
March 8th, 2008, 08:54 PM

That's really the crux of the matter, isn't it? How is that chemical truly different from our own natural pheromones (except a lot stronger), or those Axe bodysprays that, according to the commercials, can have girls running at your anywhere you go?

It depends on how you think about attraction. Some think it has to do with emotions, some think it's all biology. If it's the latter, then Lucius is just...making natural selection choose him a lot more than everyone else.

jenks
March 9th, 2008, 04:15 AM

Yes, but their free will was influenced, not taken away.

ToasterOnFire
March 9th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Where is there any indication that the people affected by the drug still had free will to deny Lucius? Show the proof, and please put more effort into it than "because I said so."

That's really the crux of the matter, isn't it? How is that chemical truly different from our own natural pheromones (except a lot stronger), or those Axe bodysprays that, according to the commercials, can have girls running at your anywhere you go?
Um, because Axe body spray, outside of smelling like cheap crap, does not actually have the ability to remove free will. If it did it would be classified in the same category as GHB or rohypnol and banned. Come on now.

PG15
March 9th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Then why do they advertise it as such? If some smell is coming off of you that can "deny free will" of any women around you, then surely it'd be banned?

FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!!

As for the free will to deny Lucius; I don't think that's how it works. I mean, I'll have a VERY hard time choosing to kill my own family, but it doesn't mean my free will has been taken away. Lucius's chemical influenced their minds (that's not up for debate) in such a way that denying him was just not something worth doing. No, IMHO, if their free will was truly denied, then they wouldn't have expressed themselves in any way. They'd be like robots.

I mean, as an example; near the end Rodney said "Fly Lucius! Fly!" Now, if he had no free will, then he wouldn't have had the capacity to do ANYTHING that Lucius didn't tell him to do, and yet he expressed himself anyway by saying that, without Lucius prompting him. He chose to say it. Thus, he still had some free will.

That's just how I think of it, anyway.

g.o.d
March 9th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I've heard that TPTB will introduce some very powerful race

jenks
March 9th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Where is there any indication that the people affected by the drug still had free will to deny Lucius? Show the proof, and please put more effort into it than "because I said so."

You seem confused as to what free will actually is, free will is the ability to make decisions for ourselves, it's got nothing to do with what state of mind you're in. The drug isn't a magical entity that can take over your body and make decisions for you, it can influence those decisions or even change then, but at the end of the day you're still the one making them.

jenks
March 9th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I've heard that TPTB will introduce some very powerful race

I'm not sure how powerful they are, but I've read that there are a couple of as yet unseen races in the Pegasus Galaxy that have been keeping their heads down due to the Wraith, but now that they're severely weakened they're going to make their presence felt...

g.o.d
March 9th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure how powerful they are, but I've read that there are a couple of as yet unseen races in the Pegasus Galaxy that have been keeping their heads down due to the Wraith, but now that they're severely weakened they're going to make their presence felt...

I would like to see race as powerful as the Ancients in PG.

ToasterOnFire
March 9th, 2008, 02:10 PM
You seem confused as to what free will actually is, free will is the ability to make decisions for ourselves, it's got nothing to do with what state of mind you're in.
Nothing to do with state of mind? Oh please. So people who have been brainwashed still have free will and the ability to make their own decisions?

The drug isn't a magical entity that can take over your body and make decisions for you, it can influence those decisions or even change then, but at the end of the day you're still the one making them.
By that argument, neither GHB nor rohpynol are "magical entities that can take over your body and make decisions for you", so are you arguing that people who are given those drugs are ultimately choosing to have sex with the people who secretly drug them? Because surprise! pretty much every court would say you're wrong.

jenks
March 9th, 2008, 03:20 PM
If you've been drugged with GHB or rohpynol you can't think let alone speak, you're unable to give consent, unlike with Lucius' drug. The other big difference is that it's Lucius ingesting the herb, it's obviously immoral what he did, but on the other hand who's got the right to tell him what he can and can't ingest? There's no way he'd be convicted of rape if something like was discovered in the real world, the law might be changed and the herb outlawed, but that's about it.

Gaeth
March 9th, 2008, 05:31 PM
If you've been drugged with GHB or rohpynol you can't think let alone speak, you're unable to give consent, unlike with Lucius' drug. The other big difference is that it's Lucius ingesting the herb, it's obviously immoral what he did, but on the other hand who's got the right to tell him what he can and can't ingest? There's no way he'd be convicted of rape if something like was discovered in the real world, the law might be changed and the herb outlawed, but that's about it.

Actually it takes about 30 minutes to completely pass out from rohypnol. Having sex with someone in that drugged stupor even if they're not passed out is still rape. They did something under the effects of that drug they would not have done otherwise, an artificial external chemical overrode their cognitive function.

Just think could these people under the effect of this drug refuse Lucius's demands? No, they could not refuse Lucius, the drug prevented it. Sheppard wasn't drugged (temporarily) because he had a cold, McKay wasn't drugged because he avoided prolonged conduct with Lucius until Ronon (under the effect of the drug) held him down for Lucius to drug him. As soon as Dr. Becket was away from Lucius's presence he turned against him. As soon as his freewill was restored he tried to rid Atlantis of Lucius and his drug.

jenks
March 10th, 2008, 07:33 AM
If they didn't choose to do what Lucius wanted then who did? The drug may have influenced the choices they made or even changed them, but it was still them making them, and that's essentially what free will is.

Gaeth
March 11th, 2008, 04:14 PM
If they didn't choose to do what Lucius wanted then who did? The drug may have influenced the choices they made or even changed them, but it was still them making them, and that's essentially what free will is.

It was Lucius, the chemical put them in an ultra submissive state which made them obey his demands. By your logic when someone is tortured into confession then it is still a legitimate confession because they 'chose' to confess since pain only 'influenced' them and they still had freewill. A Wraith queen that hijacks someone with telepathy still leaves that person with 'freewill'. If such a controlled person were made to kill someone by the Wraith, they'd be responsible for the murder along with the Wraith. They were only 'influenced' by the Wraith's brainwaves and the chemical changes in the victim but still had 'freewill'.

Mitchell82
March 11th, 2008, 04:26 PM
You seem confused as to what free will actually is, free will is the ability to make decisions for ourselves, it's got nothing to do with what state of mind you're in. The drug isn't a magical entity that can take over your body and make decisions for you, it can influence those decisions or even change then, but at the end of the day you're still the one making them.

Exactly. It's like booze in a screwed up way. Excess alcohol decreases you inhibitions but does not take away your free will. Same applies to the drug. If the girls on "Girls Gone Wild" don't win their lawsuits then this debate would loose as well.

Gaeth
March 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Exactly. It's like booze in a screwed up way. Excess alcohol decreases you inhibitions but does not take away your free will. Same applies to the drug. If the girls on "Girls Gone Wild" don't win their lawsuits then this debate would loose as well.

Lucius's chemical didn't just lower inhibitions it made them obedient to Lucius and Lucius alone. Also, the drug was administered to them without their consent or even their knowledge (airborne and auditory). It has nothing to do with booze or 'Girls Gone Wild'. That's non sequitur.

jenks
March 11th, 2008, 05:19 PM
They visited his village, they invited him to Atlantis. He never did anything to them without their consent.

Ltcolshepjumper
March 11th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I agree with some of the posts in here: the Stargate franchise needs a new big, bad enemy. My preferences and ideas:

1) A totally new, original species, preferably alien. I'm getting just a little tired of all the human species. In case of the Jaffa and the Goa'uld, it was a very interesting explanation and I think we can all live with the fact that the Ancients seeded the Pegasus Galaxy with human life aswell, but come on. This is still sci-fi! Something truly alien would be appreciated!

2) Very powerful but they must have a flaw that keeps them from wiping everyone out. Again, it was handled well with the Goa'uld in the past as they were all too arrogant to consider us a threat and were far too pre-occupied with bashing each other's heads in rather than ours.

3) I believe they should be technologically advanced to the point that their standard cruisers are equal to or a shade better than our Asgard-upgraded 304's, but they'd come in far greater numbers and have motherships that are just too big to do any considerable damage to (which makes it obvious that Earth could never ward off an assault should they choose to attack).

My idea for a good new bad guy: an alien race that was either cast out of their galaxy/part of the universe by another species or had to leave for other reasons. They take a massive fleet to move their entire people (or what's left of them) and find the Pegasus Galaxy, which they begin to colonise. They don't have any bad intentions per se, but their presence complicates things for the Pegasus Galaxy's inhabitants. Some strike back against them and are subsequently wiped out. The Atlantis crew could understand their need for a new home but there's just not enough room for them. It would be a very fragile balance as the crew wouldn't want to piss off their whole race, but don't want them take over the Pegasus Galaxy too much either.

I want a clearly bad race. No cover ups of a good motive (like the Ori[enlightenment] or wraith[need to feed]). It can be alien, but of course, they'd have to be from another galaxy. If they are human, then I'd want them to be an evil version of the Atlantis Expedition, occupying a cityship as well.

Gaeth
March 11th, 2008, 07:44 PM
They visited his village, they invited him to Atlantis. He never did anything to them without their consent.

They didn't know he had that chemical that could control people, and it was only because of Carson who was under the control of the drug that they even allowed him there. Once in his continued presence and exposure to the chemical their will was subjugated. Just because someone can speak the words "I am free" doesn't make them free, not when there is a chemical controlling them. Also it's not just about the expedition it's also about the villagers. They did not have the ability to refuse Lucius when under the control of the chemical.

Heaven
March 12th, 2008, 04:31 AM
I want a clearly bad race. No cover ups of a good motive (like the Ori[enlightenment] or wraith[need to feed]). It can be alien, but of course, they'd have to be from another galaxy. If they are human, then I'd want them to be an evil version of the Atlantis Expedition, occupying a cityship as well.
aren't you tired of the same ancient technology? they already did that with the asurans and it sucked. I want a race with their own original technology.

jenks
March 12th, 2008, 09:57 AM
They didn't know he had that chemical that could control people, and it was only because of Carson who was under the control of the drug that they even allowed him there. Once in his continued presence and exposure to the chemical their will was subjugated. Just because someone can speak the words "I am free" doesn't make them free, not when there is a chemical controlling them. Also it's not just about the expedition it's also about the villagers. They did not have the ability to refuse Lucius when under the control of the chemical.

The chemical was not controlling them, that's nonsense. A chemical can not control you, it can incapacitate you or influence your decisions, but that's all, it can't make decisions for you. You're right that the ability to say "I am free" doesn't make someone free, but so what? Being free and having free will are not the same thing, not even close.

Balbarei
March 12th, 2008, 02:18 PM
It would be nice if they could introduce a race like the Tollans back in the old SG-1 Days, the race that had their own manufactured Stargate aswell.

Please now more Replicators, getting to to old now.

Lantien
March 12th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I would like to see a race similar to the nox in terms of anotomy. just not as advanced as a culture (somewhere ahead of us without great alliance tech). That has traveled from a galaxy that is closer to PG but very far from earth (we would have to travel 2 galaxies to get there from the SGC). They know nothing of the great alliance or the gate system. In their galaxy they reached the power of atom destroyed all of the life there and are trying to rebuild in the PG galaxy. They are Alien NAZIs who just got intergalactic hyperspace and want to dominate the universe.

sparkygate
March 12th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Well uh guys if you been checking JM blog (http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/) he has recently [March 12 2008] posted up pictures of a stargate;
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/dsc05460.jpg
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/dsc05461.jpg
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/dsc05463.jpg
and from the annotations on each picture, it looks like this particular stargate was built by a different race not like the normal stargates floating around the pegasus galaxy and the milkyway, maybe it is in this episode (even through it say TV promo) that we will actually see the new race.

I do agree with people i actually want TO SEE races that are COMPLETELY, 100% alien NOT from by which the Ancients seeded a long time ago, maybe an ancient old race before the times the Ancients came and seeded the galaxy, a race that is dying out and was forced into hiding by the wraith to preserve themselves

PG15
March 12th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Well uh guys if you been checking JM blog (http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/) he has recently [March 12 2008] posted up pictures of a stargate;
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/dsc05460.jpg
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/dsc05461.jpg
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/dsc05463.jpg
and from the annotations on each picture, it looks like this particular stargate was built by a different race not like the normal stargates floating around the pegasus galaxy and the milkyway, maybe it is in this episode (even through it say TV promo) that we will actually see the new race.

Indeed. I prophesize that these new races will be humanoid in body style, with perhaps pale skin, and red protuberances on their faces onto which they regularly apply a special kind of cream. Also, they will wear glasses, and possess technology that will regularly reference SG1 and Atlantis. In fact, they will know about Atlantis and SG1 so well, that you'd think they were watching a live feed directly from the events happening with SG1 and in Atlantis all this time. Unfortunately, the only threat they will pose will be the irritation of the team members, for these people will regularly approach them nervously, and ask for autographs or just to touch them.

And, to travel through the Stargate, they will ride bikes, motorcycles, and rocket-powered cardboard box carts.

sparkygate
March 12th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Indeed. I prophesize that these new races will be humanoid in body style, with perhaps pale skin, and red protuberances on their faces onto which they regularly apply a special kind of cream. Also, they will wear glasses, and possess technology that will regularly reference SG1 and Atlantis. In fact, they will know about Atlantis and SG1 so well, that you'd think they were watching a live feed directly from the events happening with SG1 and in Atlantis all this time. Unfortunately, the only threat they will pose will be the irritation of the team members, for these people will regularly approach them nervously, and ask for autographs or just to touch them.

And, to travel through the Stargate, they will ride bikes, motorcycles, and rocket-powered cardboard box carts.