"Incredibly Redundant"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Incredibly Redundant"

I apologise if there is already a thread about this, but I couldn't see one, and this has been bugging me for a while now.

In "The Siege part 1", Weir and Zelenka are discussing the Ancient database in Atlantis.

ZELENKA: "... I’m more concerned about Ancient database; its ability to back up data. It’s incredibly redundant."
    WEIR: "‘Incredibly redundant’?"
    ZELENKA (laughing): "Yeah, that one never gets old. But seriously..."

*blink* What one? Did Weir make a joke? Did Zelenka mis-pronounce his line, and she was making fun of him? Is ‘Incredibly redundant’ not correct English or something? I remember watching this scene with a friend a while ago, and after this little exchange we just exchanged a look of confusion. "Did I miss something?" "Dunno... maybe it's an American pun or something." "Maybe... who knows."

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

SOrry, i'm just as lost here.

Comment

She repeated what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by motas300 View Post
        She repeated what he said.
        Haha, I just got that. It's like "Pete and Repeat were on a boat..."
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

English puns. Let's break it down shall we? Redundant. what does this word me. let's look it up.

Define Redundant : see dictionary definition for the word Redundant

I think your both being a bit redundant on the topic.

this post was brought to you by the State Oversight Department of the Federal Department of State Oversight.

Redundant is circular logic. many puns use Redundant logic to emphasize the circle.
          [/now back to reality]
          i hope that was enough for you to understand, please take no offense at anything in this post. If you still don't understand you most likely never will as it doesn't translate well enough for you.
          Last edited by peragrin; 05 March 2008, 06:10 AM.

Comment

I think Zelenka was wrong there. That joke got old very fast.

Comment

ZELENKA: "... I’m more concerned about Ancient database; its ability to back up data. It’s incredibly redundant."

Yes, the JOKE is repeating/restating the original comment on redundancy...old...old joke.

See SG-1 Season 6 Episode 20 (Memento)

Ronson: There is no redundancy for that particular system.

O'Neill: So you're saying there's no redundancy?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                English puns. Let's break it down shall we? Redundant. what does this word me. let's look it up.

Define Redundant : see dictionary definition for the word Redundant

I think your both being a bit redundant on the topic.

this post was brought to you by the State Oversight Department of the Federal Department of State Oversight.

Redundant is circular logic. many puns use Redundant logic to emphasize the circle.
                [/now back to reality]
                i hope that was enough for you to understand, please take no offense at anything in this post. If you still don't understand you most likely never will as it doesn't translate well enough for you.
                This post made me laugh really really hard. Green for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Seperated@Birth? View Post

Yes, the JOKE is repeating/restating the original comment on redundancy...old...old joke.

See SG-1 Season 6 Episode 20 (Memento)

Ronson: There is no redundancy for that particular system.

O'Neill: So you're saying there's no redundancy?
                  Do you have an amazing memory or just recently watched that episode?
                  Best quotes ever:
                  O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                  Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                  Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                  Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                  Thor:I like the yellow ones
                  O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                    Do you have an amazing memory or just recently watched that episode?
                    LOL...It's one of my favorite eps (although Ronson is kind of a dolt)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seperated@Birth? View Post
                      LOL...It's one of my favorite eps (although Ronson is kind of a dolt)
                      I remember that episode now, it is quite good... well... very good.
                      Best quotes ever:
                      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                      Thor:I like the yellow ones
                      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Exceeding what is necessary or natural; superfluous

Needlessly wordy or repetitive in expression
                        both are apt in this case

the "incredibly" is superfluous as its already in the meaning of "redundant". zalenka was over-emphasizing with something that was already "redundant"
                        sigpic
                        EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                        -Liberty Prime

Comment

The joke is funny in several ways, even the joke itself is .....Incredibly redundant lol
                          sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
                          Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

Working...
                          X