Alternate Battle of P3Y-229

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternate Battle of P3Y-229

Curious if The whole Asgard legacy thing had happened prior to the Ori invasion of the Milky Way and our 304s had the same upgrades that they had in BAMSR, woulld the Battle of P3Y-229 have gone differently, or would we still have been crushed?
    sigpic

it would have certainly been a bit less on sided...the manuvering ability of the Daedalus class + the Ha'taks being a distraction...i say at least half the Ori force is defeated.

Comment

Well we never would have gotten the weapons as the Asgard made them after the Camelot Battle with information from that battle so all we would have had were the older Asgard weapons and then got our asses kicked again but this time with no new Asgard Weapons to save us in the end

So nope
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Off teh top of my head:

1. i would have a few naq nukes placed in fron tof the supergate. to detonate when the motherships ocme htrough.

2. hide my fleet form the shockwave behind the supergate.

3. have my fleet use the supergate as cover, Hit and run tactics, leting the ori shoot their own gate.

4. when the ori maneuver enoght to rendeder option 3 useless, spit the fleet up bigitme, a constantly moving sphere formation around the motherships, concerntratng fire on one mothership at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
          Well we never would have gotten the weapons as the Asgard made them after the Camelot Battle with information from that battle

I wasn't aware of that.
          Can you direct me to the source..

Comment

If we fired at them as they were coming through the gate i find it highly unlikely that their shields would have been raised, perfect ambush and with the fire power we had there if we were informed of the future we would have won easily.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
              If we fired at them as they were coming through the gate i find it highly unlikely that their shields would have been raised, perfect ambush and with the fire power we had there if we were informed of the future we would have won easily.
              Better question why didn't we mine the gate? large stealth nukes near the gate would have destroyed at least the first two vessel's coming through. That is until the motherships started firing through the gate.

Comment

The probable reason that we didn't mine the gate or fire on them instantaneously is that we were going to try diplomacy........again!
                Nu ani Anquietas :: We are the Ancients, well some of us

Comment

Originally posted by Tomouse55 View Post
                  The probable reason that we didn't mine the gate or fire on them instantaneously is that we were going to try diplomacy........again!
                  They are so stupid, also if we defeated them the ori wouldn't have looked all powerful and impossible to beat.
                  Best quotes ever:
                  O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                  Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                  Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                  Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                  Thor:I like the yellow ones
                  O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

I know it sounds unlikely but the timeframe might not have been long enough to mine the supergate and about them hiding behind the gate, how would they know which way is forward? Also them firing as soon as the ships come through wouldn't have worked imo, shields aren't raised when exiting hyperspace but coming through a supergate is alot different. Technnically I know if the shields were raised they should've rippled the EH but as we saw the CG team were off on alot of things in that battle. More though really needs to be put into space battles, TPTB just seem to say 'blow up things and make it look cool' and no logic is taken into consideration or details, such as scaling.

Comment

does anyone realise that gatebusters most likely aint cheap?

and yea, they just got their ships there, and like 10m later the ori came. anyway, any nuke in front wouldve been destroyed.

i have a much more interesting question: what if we still had orion, aurora, tria, and the traveler ship[if john wouldve gotten it].

i think we had a better chance, but we wouldve needed to find the ships after the ori contacting, or the ori were stronger to countereffect them.
                      if we wouldve gotten the asgard legacy, and then contacted the ori, we wouldve been toast. because the ori made their ships as strong as needed. daniel and vala gave the ori all info on what type of tech and ships we had, so they adjusted their ships to them. if we had been stronger, the ori had been stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

and yea, they just got their ships there, and like 10m later the ori came. anyway, any nuke in front wouldve been destroyed.

i have a much more interesting question: what if we still had orion, aurora, tria, and the traveler ship[if john wouldve gotten it].

i think we had a better chance, but we wouldve needed to find the ships after the ori contacting, or the ori were stronger to countereffect them.
                        if we wouldve gotten the asgard legacy, and then contacted the ori, we wouldve been toast. because the ori made their ships as strong as needed. daniel and vala gave the ori all info on what type of tech and ships we had, so they adjusted their ships to them. if we had been stronger, the ori had been stronger.
                        Thank you for pointing that out, alot of people don't consider this.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

10 minutes after the Korlev arrived maybe. The Odesessy was there for a few hours, long enough to do a detailed scan of the gate and create a new control circuit for the gate.

As for Mining the gate. 1 minute with beaming tech. The gate forms, beam two or three mines right in front of the vessel. Hell just beaming a warhead on a 5 second timer would have worked wonders. I know the gate was interfering with beaming Sam, but that field would only extend so far. beaming in nukes on the edge would have limited the number of ships coming through.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                            10 minutes after the Korlev arrived maybe. The Odesessy was there for a few hours, long enough to do a detailed scan of the gate and create a new control circuit for the gate.

As for Mining the gate. 1 minute with beaming tech. The gate forms, beam two or three mines right in front of the vessel. Hell just beaming a warhead on a 5 second timer would have worked wonders. I know the gate was interfering with beaming Sam, but that field would only extend so far. beaming in nukes on the edge would have limited the number of ships coming through.
                            The ships actually started coming through mere seconds after the Korolev arrived. As for the control circuit, I don't think that was created there and then, was probably created from data of the first supergate.

Comment

well the asgard were there. they are one of the 4 great races, meaning contact with the ancients, meaning that they know how to operate gates. for them it wouldnt be too hard to make a new control crystal.
                              if we wouldve had bamsr ships[sans apollo], and the deady was around, this meant:

korolev: 4x beam cannon[based on BAMSR]
                              deadalus: 4x beam cannon
                              odyssey: fully upgraded. zpm.
                              loads of hataks.

take like, say, ten busters, place them strategically around the supergate, and blow them simultaniously. doubt the supergate can withstand that. several more busters ready to beam[1 sec after rematerializing] on each 304. beam cannons ready, each vessel has 10 mark II generators onboard. if a 304 has 7x more power, its hyperdrive, shields, weapons, everything can be fully powered[as a zpm makes the 304 go 7x faster in hyperspace. so the 304 has only 1/7 of the power it needs]
                              so then, you have shields at full, weapons at full, etc. the first wave wouldve been shredded. the second wave too. but then the question is: what will their next move be? our next could be to make a new replicator race, programmed not to harm the local group, and to attack the ori, not their followers

Comment

Working...
                              X