State of the Free Jaffa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State of the Free Jaffa

I am wondering about how powerfull the jaffa now are, when the reps invaded we saw tons and tons of hataks, shouldnt the the jaffa now have a huge fleet, I mean look how many we saw just in the reckoning? Even factoring in losses they should still have a large fleet.
    sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
    Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Originally posted by delrey View Post
    I am wondering about how powerfull the jaffa now are, when the reps invaded we saw tons and tons of hataks, shouldnt the the jaffa now have a huge fleet, I mean look how many we saw just in the reckoning? Even factoring in losses they should still have a large fleet.
    Technically they have a huge one... it's just spread out over hundreds of worlds.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

i would say they wont have much of a fleet left unless they start building there own ships. Which would in IMO be very cool

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

The problem with the Jaffa is that they're pretty fragmented... I mean Bra'Tac and Teal'c are major heros of the rebellion and on (I believe) multiple occasions they could only get hold of a few Ha'tak to use in missions.

I don't know whether there is much about the Jaffa in the Ark of Truth or not, but I would guess that they'll probably undergo some kind of split in the near future, especially with Dakara destroyed. Possibly some kind of rift over relations with the Tau'ri, I mean we've seen that some Jaffa have been openly hostile to humans even after the help they gave to the rebellion.

Comment

I'd have liked to see more of the Free Jaffa, but they were usually needed for purpose of the SG1 storylines to be at odds.

They probably are powerful, and have skilled troops. But they are or may soon be a feudal nation. Bra'tac and Teal'c tried to avoid that with their democratic reforms.

Their real problem will be remaining powerful. "knowledge of Goauld magic is forbidden" Teal'c said early on. How will they maintain their fleets, and tech. Building entire new ships may be very challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by Maedhros_Sea View Post
            I'd have liked to see more of the Free Jaffa, but they were usually needed for purpose of the SG1 storylines to be at odds.

They probably are powerful, and have skilled troops. But they are or may soon be a feudal nation. Bra'tac and Teal'c tried to avoid that with their democratic reforms.

Their real problem will be remaining powerful. "knowledge of Goauld magic is forbidden" Teal'c said early on. How will they maintain their fleets, and tech. Building entire new ships may be very challenging.
            Agreed. It will be, and partly already has been, a very difficult transistion from a warrior people serving Gods to a 'civilized' people leading themselves.

Comment

All true and good points. But they still should have many many many ships shouldnt they, even the lucian alliance got there hands of a fair amount. We saw atleast like 50-100 ships fighting over takara with the reps. That would make an interesting side movie on itself, tealc has to take a fleet and fight another group of free jaffa who threaten everyone esle. The thing i love most about scifi are big space battles with lots of ships, i think the jaffa and there hataks can give us great battle scenes.
              sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
              Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

Knowing the Jaffa. They just kept throwing Ha'taks at the Ori and losing them.

Comment

The Free Jaffa will have to build new types of ships anytime soon as you have said knowledge of Goauld Magic is forbidden but as we have seen in Orpheus Jaffa labor is used to build Hatak vessels. There were no Goauld in that episode only Jaffa so it is likely the Jaffa know how to produce Hataks they just don't know how to make better ships.

They lost a lot of ships in their battles against the Ori
                  Some of their ships were probably taken by the Lucian Alliance.

This doesn't mean they are weak. They are an entire population is a fighting army. However if we send Avenger 2.0 on them the Jaffa can be defeated by Earth even if the Jaffa control a hundred worlds.
                  Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Working...
                  X