This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Bias

Obvo, am going to have a wee bit o' bias towards Great Britain, but, in total seriousness, I would have been made up to see someone other than the good ol' US military stomping over alien nations. SG-1 may have been an American project, but what about Atlantis? Some British military involvement, even some European involvement, would be good. I mean, the U.S gave the Russkies a space ship, but what about the UK...we are the US's biggest allies, so could we not be expected to ally with them in space??
    Not that SG aint awesome, just want to see someone other than Yanks(no offence intended) doing the fighting.....and that includes Canadian actors playing at being Yanks....
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Grodin? Carson? I've seen a British soldier somewhere in season 4 too...

*edit*

Technically it's a replicator, but they're all based on real people I think. (on the left).

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...alcoil0505.jpg
    Last edited by jenks; 03 March 2008, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Carson, yes, but he weren't military.
      And if uv seen a British soldier please point him out....and a don't mean to sound sarcastic, I'm serious, please show me!! hehe
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Grodin? Carson? I've seen a British soldier somewhere in season 4 too...

*edit*

Technically it's a replicator, but they're all based on real people I think. (on the left).

Spoiler:
        Yea and they both got killed off

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

True, the show (SGA) doesn't have a lot of military personnal from any other country. And even though I would love to see some British fellow come onto the show, chances are to hire someone from the UK would be rather expensive. And they would probably have time constraints because they are not from Canada or America, and therefore would have to go home occasionally. And American/Canadian shows also have more episodes per season than British shows do, almost twice the amount, which takes twice as long to film, so that might be another reason.

Garrowan5th,

It's nice of you to think that our two respective countries are still allies, I don't hear that a lot. It's just that our two countries are so different now, and TV shows from both sides take pot shots at America and Great Britain. But in many regards, it doesn't have to be like that, we should get along. And if I was running the show, then the UK would have the biggest battleship we could muster... . I'm a Yank, and proud of it, and I'm also proud to be a friend to our allies, those who live in the UK!

Torchwood Manor
          Last edited by TorchwoodManor; 03 March 2008, 10:45 AM. Reason: correcting specific country names
          "This is Torchwood Three. Torchwood One was London, destroyed in the battle. Torchwood Two is an office in Glasgow, very strange man. Torchwood Three, Cardiff. Torchwood Four's kind of gone missing but we'll find it one day." - Captain Jack

Romana: My name is Romanadveratnalundar.
          4th Doctor: Well I'm so sorry about that, is there anything we can do?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TorchwoodManor View Post
            True, the show (SGA) doesn't have a lot of military personnal from any other country. And even though I would love to see some British fellow come onto the show, chances are to hire someone from the UK would be rather expensive. And they would probably have time constraints because they are not from Canada or America, and therefore would have to go home occasionally.
            Just hire Jamie Bamber when BSG is done and get him to talk in his normal accent!

Comment

Yippie YAY !!!! Some one recognising the lack of Brits !!! Me a happy Bunny !!!!

Comment

SGA is supposed to be international - so aint !!!!

USA< yup, yup yup ect

A few other countries are represented, but the UK ??? Nope.

In S1 i was very impressed and thought that UK would be there just because Beckett had a Scots flag on his uni and Groden (yes i know - i can't spell !!!) had the Union Flag - that was just sssoooo british !!! I was hoping to see the Dragon !!!!

But now it is all Stars and Strips

Comment

A scene in "Conversion" which seriously pissed me off was when Weir spoke to a German soldier about doubling the guard and then he radio's someone else and its clear he has got a thick American accent. HOW MANY GERMANS HAVE AMERICAN ACCENTS.

Comment

Originally posted by lewismnflwr View Post
                    But now it is all Stars and Strips
                    Well, we are better...

TOTALLY JK!
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

GO THE BRITS !!!!!

We could so have won by now !!!! My view might be slightly one sided as my Dad is ex Para !!! But really !!!!!

WE ARE FAB !!!!

its not just the milatry thing either, its only american culture that is shown

Comment

Originally posted by lewismnflwr View Post
                        GO THE BRITS !!!!!

We could so have won by now !!!! My view might be slightly one sided as my Dad is ex Para !!! But really !!!!!

WE ARE FAB !!!!

its not just the milatry thing either, its only american culture that is shown
                        Imagining a American (Sheppard) trying to teach a Alien (Teyla) about a sport and then him calling it Football is embarrassing for everyone. Using American Football as a example of earth culture is very cringe worthy.

Comment

Britain should have command of the Earth space fleet!

We have the most naval experience or did at one point lol

ohh and we are probably the best nation at naming warships! I mean the Defiant, Dreadnought, Dauntless, Invincible, The Victory, Avenger, the list goes on
                          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post

ohh and we are probably the best nation at naming warships! I mean the Defiant, Dreadnought, Dauntless, Invincible, The Victory, Avenger, the list goes on
                            Yes the British are very good at naming ships.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post

God, I wish we could pick some of those names for our new aircraft carriers The new Type 45's have great names, and rightly so, they are the most advanced destroyers in the world. But I am much less happy about what we are calling the new CVFs.

Comment

Working...
                              X