Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asuran Auroras...

is it just me, or do they seem to just plain suck in the "Battle of Asuras"

compared to say...the damaged Aurora in No Man's Land?

(explain that without including a "they are the bad guys" sort of thing...)

on another note, but is it just me, or does a lot of their weapons fire seem more like a energy pulse weapon rather then ancient drones?

Joe M said in his blog that the replicator Auroras were only imitations of the Ancient ones - they aren't as good as the real thing.

I noticed the lack of drones as well, my theory is that as the replicator ships had just come back from destroying human worlds and were therefore running short of drones so they were using their energy weapons more than they usually would.
    sigpic

Comment

There are many threads that lead to huge arguements about this but looking at it statistically they didnt do that bad. They lost 5 total, one when shields were down in the first strike, many other ships sustained damage. Initially the Auroras were out numbered as all 30 ships were evenly positioned around the planet, our fleet had about 16 ships attacking pretty much about 1/3 the fleet. Of course as time went on we were worn down and out numbered.

The second ship the asurans lost was the one that was beating the hell out of a hive and a 304 swooped in took fire and shot back at the unshielded Aurora. There was an ambiguous Aurora blowing up in the background. Then the next Aurora lost was the one sheppard took out which was retreating and had no shields. Then there was a final Aurora lost else where. Over all it really looked like they didnt do that bad, 4 ships lost over 3 minutes when damaged from a surprise attack and initially out numbered. But that only shows the defensive capabilities as impressive, (hull seemed to be extremely durable as most shots looked like they impacted) but it did lack signfifcantly in offensive capabilities. Drones and pulse weapons were used but they only destroyed 2 ships one Traveler Generational ship and a Hive. The later was taken out by drones but the majority of the shots were pulse.

Joe Mallozzi (executive producer) gave an explanation for the poor performance as: the 304s got new weapons, and that the Asuran Auroras are "very good replicas. but arent the same as the originals"

I also predict that this thread is gonna blow up as it is keyed to a hot topic.
      So strap your self in and prepare for a long, LONG ride.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
        There are many threads that lead to huge arguements about this but looking at it statistically they didnt do that bad. They lost 5 total, one when shields were down in the first strike, many other ships sustained damage. Initially the Auroras were out numbered as all 30 ships were evenly positioned around the planet, our fleet had about 16 ships attacking pretty much about 1/3 the fleet. Of course as time went on we were worn down and out numbered.

The second ship the asurans lost was the one that was beating the hell out of a hive and a 304 swooped in took fire and shot back at the unshielded Aurora. There was an ambiguous Aurora blowing up in the background. Then the next Aurora lost was the one sheppard took out which was retreating and had no shields. Then there was a final Aurora lost else where. Over all it really looked like they didnt do that bad, 4 ships lost over 3 minutes when damaged from a surprise attack and initially out numbered. But that only shows the defensive capabilities as impressive, (hull seemed to be extremely durable as most shots looked like they impacted) but it did lack signfifcantly in offensive capabilities. Drones and pulse weapons were used but they only destroyed 2 ships one Traveler Generational ship and a Hive. The later was taken out by drones but the majority of the shots were pulse.

Joe Mallozzi (executive producer) gave an explanation for the poor performance as: the 304s got new weapons, and that the Asuran Auroras are "very good replicas. but arent the same as the originals"

I also predict that this thread is gonna blow up as it is keyed to a hot topic.
        So strap your self in and prepare for a long, LONG ride.
        Ok, the "not quite as good" helps a bit, as does the earlier explanation of "less drones"

but after watching the vid over(many on youtube to pick from), there are as many as nine Auroras that are either destroyed or seem to be taking a lot of damage(i can list them if you want)

then again, some could be repeats...you cant tell exactly.

Comment

i tended to agree with a battle report some one made in BAMSR section of the forums. We only counted the confirmed kills, it would make sense that some of those ships that took massive damage were the ones that were destroyed later. I also dont rule out the possibility of off screen kills but i dont like to use them as they would be unclear

Comment

i think the ancients did not give them there best tech. eg there best shields and the ability to fire 100s to 1000s of drones at once.
            i here a lot of people say its cos they dont have ZPMs onboard but i dout that cos there should have been 1000s of drones fired from the surface in BAMSR but i did not see any at all. so if there city ships and there out posts could not fire 1000s then there is no way the Asuran Auroras can.
            this does make sense cos the ancients did no how dangerous the Asuran could be so they probly holded back on things that could be a threat

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
              i think the ancients did not give them there best tech. eg there best shields and the ability to fire 100s to 1000s of drones at once.
              i here a lot of people say its cos they dont have ZPMs onboard but i dout that cos there should have been 1000s of drones fired from the surface in BAMSR but i did not see any at all. so if there city ships and there out posts could not fire 1000s then there is no way the Asuran Auroras can.
              this does make sense cos the ancients did no how dangerous the Asuran could be so they probly holded back on things that could be a threat
              best explanation of this i've heard yet and i've heard lotssss of them.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

^none from the surface would be explained by a moment of surprise from the replicators then them to scramble into planetary drone launching position. In that time McKay hacked into their powergrid and if he saw drones being launched he could just shut off power to weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                  ^none from the surface would be explained by a moment of surprise from the replicators then them to scramble into planetary drone launching position. In that time McKay hacked into their powergrid and if he saw drones being launched he could just shut off power to weapons.
                  if i was wrong that means it could not have been a surprise attack because they would have had deep space sensors. they would have know we were coming. they would have atleast known the wraith were coming.
                  so even a surprise attack does suggest i am right.

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
                    if i was wrong that means it could not have been a surprise attack because they would have had deep space sensors. they would have know we were coming. they would have atleast known the wraith were coming.
                    so even a surprise attack does suggest i am right .
                    Not really. The Asurans may not have rebuilt their cityship (we never saw it), and it's possible that they no longer have long-range sensory systems.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      Not really. The Asurans may not have rebuilt their cityship (we never saw it), and it's possible that they no longer have long-range sensory systems.
                      Ok its maybe they did not build a city ship but if they had the tech they deffo would have long-range sensory systems for a city that big. come on its god knows how many times the size of atlantis.

Comment

They could have seen the Wraith in-bound and thought that drones weren't needed and surprised when more then just the Wraith dropped out of Hyperspace.

Anyways weak Asurans.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                          They could have seen the Wraith in-bound and thought that drones weren't needed and surprised when more then just the Wraith dropped out of Hyperspace.

Anyways weak Asurans.
                          they still would have used them cos they could not afford to loose any ships

Comment

a few got shot to bits before sheilds went up travlers where doubling on them attacking 2 to 1 from behind at speed note no other race ever uses tactics in space
                            304s had new wepons
                            hives are frigin huge and had massive waves of darts we know they can kill auras they beat the ancheints

also replicators dont have the gene note shepherd out gunned the other ship in a straight fight

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
                              a few got shot to bits before sheilds went up travlers where doubling on them attacking 2 to 1 from behind at speed note no other race ever uses tactics in space
                              304s had new wepons
                              hives are frigin huge and had massive waves of darts we know they can kill auras they beat the ancheints

also replicators dont have the gene note shepherd out gunned the other ship in a straight fight
                              so wots your point

Comment

Working...
                              X