PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Michael's Vengeance Monsters

Infernorhythm
March 2nd, 2008, 12:32 PM
I posted a thread on the Kindred Pt. 1 forum about the absense of the Iratus Bug monsters. They were really cool and tough, and surprisingly creepy. Plus, they facilitated Sheppard's wonderful "I hate those things!" line.

I was willing to give Michael's Athosian-Wraith hybrid drones a chance, but they were just pathetic. No extra strength or regenerative abilities, and they needed stolen P90s to fight back. What? I understand he needs a few to pilot his cruiser, but seriously, we need those Iratus Monsters back.

Dr.Mckay
March 2nd, 2008, 12:34 PM
Yeh lol. the hybrids were pretty pathetic lol

Platschu
March 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
I think Michael left them on a lonely planet to live peacefully. Maybe he will visit his zoo in the next episodes. :D

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 2nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
I think Michael left them on a lonely planet to live peacefully. Maybe he will visit his zoo in the next episodes. :D

haha didn't jm say they are in s4 mabye there in the last man mabye thats what they are preparing for the attack of the bugs

haloplayer
March 2nd, 2008, 12:58 PM
Ya that is one of the hybrids weaknesses. We all know that the Wraith can regenerate by feeding and the more they feed the more damage they can take and the more they can heal themselves.

Since the Hybrids dont feed they cant regenerate.

Infernorhythm
March 2nd, 2008, 01:28 PM
haha didn't jm say they are in s4 mabye there in the last man mabye thats what they are preparing for the attack of the bugs

That would be awesome!

MartianManhunter
March 3rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
I like to think of it this way:

The bugs are completely muscle. They are completely obedient to Michael and they are good at what they do, but they cant communicate with humans, so to fix this problem, he creates the hybrids which are obedient to him and able to talk with other humans in the galaxy to trade and gather information that he could use against his enemies.

YutheGreat
March 3rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Those guys could be useful if you could take over some fortified facility. Just a thought: How did Michael get his hands on a hivehip? I doubt Michael poisoned all of them simultaneously. Is it possible Michael forced it to land and send the Monsters in to wipe out all the Wraith. It could be the reason he had no Wraith prisoners. They could all have been eaten by the monsters.

MartianManhunter
March 3rd, 2008, 04:43 PM
It wasn't a hive, it was a cruiser and as your probly right about forcing it to land and eating all the wraith on board.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
March 3rd, 2008, 05:00 PM
If Michael is sensible, he'll use the hybrids as commanders and the superbugs as shock troops.

YutheGreat
March 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
If Michael is sensible, he'll use the hybrids as commanders and the superbugs as shock troops.

No other way to look at it. It is the best option since the hybrids can't heal themselves like the Wraith warriors do. He could send a dart in a hive then beam down his monsters to start the work.

MattSilver 3k
March 3rd, 2008, 11:31 PM
He called the bugs "crude". Crude = fodder. Maybe there was some kind of problem and they all died out...

AutumnDream
March 4th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Are you serious bro? Those "monsters" were really bad. Like "this is not even good enough for a show with exploding tumors" bad.

Ed
March 4th, 2008, 01:12 PM
he should use about 50 50 and give the hybrids better wepons

the fully grown bug was leathal

Prior_of_the_Ori
March 6th, 2008, 06:44 AM
I want to see them back, people can call them crappy looking or anything but to be honest I am getting tired of seeing all these Human looking things. The Hybrids are interesting and need to be involved in the story but the Iratus monsters looked freaky, kind of like the kull warriors. But from JM's blog it looks like we won't see them again and instead they will be replaced by the Hybrids.

jenks
March 6th, 2008, 08:57 AM
If they were done well in CGI then I'd be all for it, but they were so blatantly a guy running around in rubber suit it was painful to watch.

cynatnite
March 7th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I posted a thread on the Kindred Pt. 1 forum about the absense of the Iratus Bug monsters. They were really cool and tough, and surprisingly creepy. Plus, they facilitated Sheppard's wonderful "I hate those things!" line.

I was willing to give Michael's Athosian-Wraith hybrid drones a chance, but they were just pathetic. No extra strength or regenerative abilities, and they needed stolen P90s to fight back. What? I understand he needs a few to pilot his cruiser, but seriously, we need those Iratus Monsters back.

Well, I laughed at the bugs. Thought they looked just plain silly...right out of a 50s B movie.

I didn't feel like we saw enough of the hybrids to judge them. The episode had a lot of things going on with it. My hope is that next season we get one that focuses more on the hybrids in order to find out what would make them different and stronger than the Wraith. Maybe their food has to be cooked beforehand ;)

AutumnDream
March 7th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Here's an idea: have an antagonist who isn't some freaky alien/machine/science experiment gone wrong. Wow! That's just too far out, huh? Remember the Genii? Remember how cool The Storm/The Eye were? And Coup D'Etat, probably the best post-S1 episode? Imagine all the cool diplomatic drama there could be! Oh well, I guess firing P-90s at bugs and nanomachines is cooler.

*throws Koyla in dumpster*

PG15
March 8th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Yeah, but having human enemies just make people complain about TPTB not having enough aliens on the show. :p