Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Michael copy Beckett's memories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did Michael copy Beckett's memories?

How was it possible for Michael to copy Carson's memories? What did he do that with exactly? As far as I can recall when they were on the planet in Misbegotten there wasn't any really advanced technology that could do that just laying around, unless it's standard issue in medical kits or something, or Michael had a memory copy device hidden in an extremely uncomfortable place (and I don't mean the back of a Volkswagon). I suppose he might have been able to do it with some Wraith mind power we haven't seen before or since, but that seems unlikely.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Yeah, it also gives possibility for TPTB to let somebody die and then- oops!? live like nothing had happened! For me it is a gross exaggeration.
    sigpic
    sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Hmm, plot hole perhaps....they didn't explain how he did it...I believe the statement was "...Somehow Micheal has managed too...blah, blah, blah."

Just like tptb couldn't explain how praying to the Bori made the enemy stronger they fail to explain, and should have in this case, how the clone got carson's memories, behaviors, ect.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        Hmm, plot hole perhaps....they didn't explain how he did it...I believe the statement was "...Somehow Micheal has managed too...blah, blah, blah."

Just like tptb couldn't explain how praying to the Bori made the enemy stronger they fail to explain, and should have in this case, how the clone got carson's memories, behaviors, ect.
        Bori?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

maybe the injection Michael was giving Carson serves more than just to keep him alive, but also to reach into some kind of genetic memory that Michael dug out from the DNA sample he stole from the real Carson.

Comment

they used this .....

hey look at that it's a gay wraith couple

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
              maybe the injection Michael was giving Carson serves more than just to keep him alive, but also to reach into some kind of genetic memory that Michael dug out from the DNA sample he stole from the real Carson.
              Ooo, I like genetic memory. I'm using it in a story of my own now.

But, if we were to go by the genetic memory route than wouldn't clone carson only have Dr. Beckett's memories up till the point the blood was taken for cloning and not beyond that because the sample had already left the original body?

My guess would be...Micheal made some sort of implant into the real Beckett's body that would copy and download the memories, personality and such. Then if Micheal flew a cloaked craft within range of the city he could access the download from the sensor and probably even more information. Up till the last ep of season 3, the city was on the same planet. Micheal probably knew the location of the city for some time.
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                Ooo, I like genetic memory. I'm using it in a story of my own now.

But, if we were to go by the genetic memory route than wouldn't clone carson only have Dr. Beckett's memories up till the point the blood was taken for cloning and not beyond that because the sample had already left the original body?

He did only have memories from where he and the real Beckett diverged, and from after he was created.

My guess would be...Micheal made some sort of implant into the real Beckett's body that would copy and download the memories, personality and such. Then if Micheal flew a cloaked craft within range of the city he could access the download from the sensor and probably even more information. Up till the last ep of season 3, the city was on the same planet. Micheal probably knew the location of the city for some time.
                You don't think they would have noticed some weird implant thingy? And that still wouldn't explain where he could get a memory copying implant from. Unless the Wraith just have those as standard issue kept somewhere on their body, he would have had to make one from scratch with stolen human tech, and maybe some Wraith tech, if the AE was stupid enough to keep it on the Misbegotten planet. I suppose the only thing that makes sense is some kind of genetic memory, which personally I don't buy. Carson was neither a Goa'uld nor a Harcesis. These are the only two things in Stargate we've ever seen display genetic memory.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Joe M
                  For those of you asking how the Beckett clone got the original’s memories - right now, only Michael knows for sure an he aint talking. As for what the future holds for our beloved doctor - only time and season 5 will tell.
                  So we'll probably see an explanation in Season 5.
                  These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

The Asgard were able to clone people with all their memories (fragile balance). It was never explained how they did it in that episode so it appears the writers are staying true to form and doing the same for Kindred...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rodneys Gun Tutor View Post
                      The Asgard were able to clone people with all their memories (fragile balance). It was never explained how they did it in that episode so it appears the writers are staying true to form and doing the same for Kindred...
                      yes because the Asgard have the technology to download consciousness, so presumably they can make a copy as well.
                      but the wraith doing it without technology to access Carson's consciousness is ridiculous.
                      humans don't have genetic memory, we know that definitively.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                        yes because the Asgard have the technology to download consciousness, so presumably they can make a copy as well.
                        but the wraith doing it without technology to access Carson's consciousness is ridiculous.
                        tbh i dnt think even the prodcuer knnow how it happens jm in his blog said it would be beteewn micheal only and he is not ready to share his secrects or somthing like that
                        sigpic
                        [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

You've got me there

Do we? There is a hell of alot we still don't know about the human body.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rodneys Gun Tutor View Post
                            Do we? There is a hell of alot we still don't know about the human body.
                            yes, we do actually.

Comment

When the Original Beckett died, his soul was transferred to the empty-cloned Body

Comment

Working...
                              X