PDA

View Full Version : Why?

YutheGreat
March 2nd, 2008, 03:05 AM
Why didn't Michael pound that facility from orbit to destroy his tracks or kill Ronon, Mckay, Shepard, Carson.

It would be ironic that Shepard bombarded the Humanized Wraith in the past season from a hiveship why didn't Michael do the same there?

Do you think Teyla convinced him not to or was it just a plot hole?

Your thoughts please.

Tru Calling
March 2nd, 2008, 03:13 AM
thats what i was wondering when i saw it! Micheal could have killed the team with one shot....but then no more atlantis.

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 2nd, 2008, 03:19 AM
Why didn't Michael pound that facility from orbit to destroy his tracks or kill Ronon, Mckay, Shepard, Carson.

It would be ironic that Shepard bombarded the Humanized Wraith in the past season from a hiveship why didn't Michael do the same there?

Do you think Teyla convinced him not to or was it just a plot hole?

Your thoughts please.

they couldn't of done it because it would of killed the main charatchers

KindlyKeller
March 2nd, 2008, 03:21 AM
That's a good point. Perhaps he was worried they had a means of attacking him in space that wasn't readily apparent to him, or perhaps it's just a "suspend your disbelief" moment. There are many of those in the Stargate franchise.

It doesn't bother me at all, but it's a perfectly valid point you raise.

MattSilver 3k
March 2nd, 2008, 04:55 AM
Escape > Random Killing.

jds1982
March 2nd, 2008, 05:01 AM
Escape > Random Killing.

Exactly, he wanted to get the heck out of there quickly, whether it was because the Atlantis Expedition found him or for some other reason he still wanted to leave quickly.

GoSpikey
March 2nd, 2008, 05:42 AM
they couldn't of done it because it would of killed the main charatchers

:lol:

artbrann
March 2nd, 2008, 08:06 AM
he probably expected the Daedalus to show up any second

he who fights and runs away

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 2nd, 2008, 08:42 AM
he probably expected the Daedalus to show up any second

he who fights and runs away

i did kind of think that mabye micheal thought the daedalus was going to show up so he had to run quick and aviod it. or mabye he was just on a tight Schedule lol :D:D:D:D

melfan
March 2nd, 2008, 08:58 AM
i did kind of think that mabye micheal thought the daedalus was going to show up so he had to run quick and aviod it. or mabye he was just on a tight Schedule lol :D:D:D:D

I think he had a tight shedule. :D

Rodneys Gun Tutor
March 2nd, 2008, 11:16 AM

Dunno why he didn't fire. The Daedalus has already shown it's inability to hit any thing smaller than a replicator mothership so he would've been quite safe :rolleyes:

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 2nd, 2008, 11:18 AM
Dunno why he didn't fire. The Daedalus has already shown it's inability to hit any thing smaller than a replicator mothership so he would've been quite safe :rolleyes:

the deadalus could hit it will rail guns

Rodneys Gun Tutor
March 2nd, 2008, 11:23 AM

Ok, you're right but I was specifically referring to the beam weapons. Just me digging at something which erked me from pt 1.

Seftrex
March 2nd, 2008, 11:24 AM

Yep, shame when it comes to Asgard beam weapons it has incredibly poor aim :(

Atlantis1
March 2nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
I think he had a tight shedule. :D

I agree. Teyla said the child would come soon. I think Micheal was more concerned about the chilld and his plans. Best to run and forget destroying your enemy under these circumstances.

kymeric
March 2nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
1) they were out of episode time, no room for the scene unless u want a 3 parter lol

2) its not really that important to show, cuz u know theyre all getting away anyways

3) they were focusing on carsons goodbye and teylas missingness instead

Realistically, yeah, michael shoulda turned around and leveled the planet.

No Prize = he was afraid the daedalous was there, or coming, like in part 1 so he ran

PG15
March 2nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
He probably didn't want to destroy his facilities.

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 2nd, 2008, 12:27 PM
He probably didn't want to destroy his facilities.

but the team knows the location now so its doubtful he would return to that one