Remove the Asgard Computer core on the Odessey? or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove the Asgard Computer core on the Odessey? or not

After the episode "Unending", we know Odessey will be use in the Ark of Truth .
    Then what
    Odessey is the most powerful BC-304 because it was upgraded by the Asgard themselve, with most advance Asgard made parts and computer core , + ZPM ,time dilation device (useful if we need escape the black hole ) +
    Spoiler:
    probably a cloaking device , we saw the preview on the Ark of truth , may be duplicate Daniel's cloak using the ZPM or a new cloak we can use on other 304 without ZPM

Earth reverse engineer and copy the advance asgard design to upgrade the other BC 304,but it is not the same quality as the Asgard parts.

Is the too valuable for the battlefield.

The Asgard data core is intergrate into every system of the ship, remove it would down grade it's proformance.But to leave it there is too dangerous.
    We can't risk losing the asgard knowledge , last legacy of the Asgard civilization or allow enemy to steal the the Asgard data base ( even if we make another copy , we still can't carry it around)

So leave the asgard data core or remove it?

The most logical thing to do would be to remove it.

Comment

The best thing would be to duplicate it. We could have a copies on Earth, Atlantis and the Odyssey. I'm guessing this would be beyond our abilities however.
      sigpic

Comment

easy: instruct the core to give the instructions on how to remove it. then, instruct it to make a new computer core, wich is fittet in, but does not contain the asgard legacy[too dangerous]

Comment

why would you want to leave it in the ship? it'll be vulnerable to enemy to steal; because its mobile...all one has to do is somehow infiltrate the ship and take it over which has been done before by one women. yeah i know its a different ship but yeah ship's personel security sucks in stargate

Comment

because the replacement doesnt have the asgard knowledge, its just a computer. the original should be used at area 51 to help with research

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              because the replacement doesnt have the asgard knowledge, its just a computer.
              And you know this how?

Thor was smart enough not to make the core so sophisticated that it couldn't be reproduced and copied by humans. Otherwise, if Odyssey blew up, there goes 30,000 years of Asgard accomplishments.

Unending was a completely irrational episode simply because of this fact. If the core was so important, why put it on a ship that could be destroyed or stolen? Why not deliver it directly to Earth so it could be safe? Oh, right, because then Unending wouldn't have been able to be written...

I really wish SG-1 would have gotten an 11th season just so they could have tossed out all the plot devices they had to create so Unending could be written.
              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

look, i meant the replacement would be MADE to not have all asgard knowledge. the original will be placed at area 51.

Comment

I know it is dangerous to keep it in Oddy especially since we send Oddy into the battlefield. If we put it on earth the IOA will have an row over where to put it and who gets to use it. This is the asgards legacy. I hope we can get it to Atlantis. Thor can help us how to understand Atlantis systems. We get full control of Atlantis with Thor on our side.
                  Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

yeah too bad Thor is dead =_="

I think it is save to asume that the knowledge of the database has been kopied. If we can draw the conclusion that this is the best option, then they can sure draw the same conclusion on stargate. I wouldn't worry too much. We now have the knowledge and we are not going to loose it anymore, for that it's way to valuable, measures must have been taken to prefent that.
                    Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

Taking it to atlantis would probably be the best idea, just to see rodney and sam get their teath into it and have rodney do something stupid, maybe sever all contact with earth so the ioa can't get their hands on it and control it, they are so stupid. They shouldn't leave it on the oddy, especially since they actually use it to fight, too risky.
                      Best quotes ever:
                      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                      Thor:I like the yellow ones
                      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

If they can remove it, they should.

Comment

look, i meant the replacement would be MADE to not have all asgard knowledge.
                          But why? The Asgard knowledge base would be an extremely useful tool for exploring the galaxy. Withholding that knowledge for no good reason is silly.

the original will be placed at area 51.
                          A copy could be placed there. There's no reason to have only one Asgard database. No reason at all.
                          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I would have thought at the very least they'd take some kind of backup. They could store it on the Atlantis computers!

Comment

Originally posted by ffstbh View Post
                              yeah too bad Thor is dead =_="
                              A hologram of every Asgard is stored within the device with all there knowledge. With the Asgard's level of tech. It would basically be Thor.

Comment

Working...
                              X