I think I missed something.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I missed something.

I seem to remember something about JM saying that the real Carson would be returning. No clones, no copies, no dreams or time travel, but Carson still turned out to be a clone.

So what did I miss? Wasn't Carson supposed to be Carson and not some duplicate?

sigpic

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    I seem to remember something about JM saying that the real Carson would be returning. No clones, no copies, no dreams or time travel, but Carson still turned out to be a clone.

So what did I miss? Wasn't Carson supposed to be Carson and not some duplicate?
    He said it would be Carson in the flesh, but not whether it would be cloned flesh or not.

Comment

Damn. I was pretty sure it was said that it would be the real carson and was specific to saying that it couldn't be a copy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        Damn. I was pretty sure it was said that it would be the real carson and was specific to saying that it couldn't be a copy.
        Gateword misquoted Joe M an honest mistake if you will. Joe had to make a big deal about it, and I tell ya it seems spoilers are truly hurting the quality of this show. It really sucks. Everyone from the producers to the network is to blame.

I think this is why this amazing episode is not getting the postive feedback it should. It really is unfortunate
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          Gateword misquoted Joe M an honest mistake if you will. Joe had to make a big deal about it, and I tell ya it seems spoilers are truly hurting the quality of this show. It really sucks. Everyone from the producers to the network is to blame.

I think this is why this amazing episode is not getting the postive feedback it should. It really is unfortunate

That could be it, or it could be that it wasn't an amazing episode!!! i really feel that TPTB had a chance to do something really creative here ( ie make the Carson they rescued the real one and the one who died in sunday the clone), but instead they took the easy way out and just made him a clone.

Don't get me wrong, i'm a carson fan, and i love that he'll be back next year in whatever capacity, but i really thought they would take a chance and be inventive with their storytelling until Dr Boring (Keller) said "he's definately a clone". or words to that effect, now i'm just looking forward to the end of season 4 and what i hope is boring formulaic writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post

I completely agree with you. Spoilers really ruin the dramatic effect on the episodes in my opinion. I try to avoid them as much as possible, but it's hard. And I'm not the only one trying to do that but failing miserably.
            It jsut sucks if you know everything in advance. How in the world could that turn out to be a great episode?
            Except for Kindred I, II where I knew Carson would be back and it was a good episode for me. But I can only imagine what a great episode it would have been (for me), if I hadn't known.

And I really was angry yesterday for this miss-quotation of JM about Carson not being a clone. I was really looking forward to see the real Beckett and I was therefore really disappointed.
            "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post

I completely agree with you. Spoilers really ruin the dramatic effect on the episodes in my opinion. I try to avoid them as much as possible, but it's hard. And I'm not the only one trying to do that but failing miserably.
              It jsut sucks if you know everything in advance. How in the world could that turn out to be a great episode?
              Except for Kindred I, II where I knew Carson would be back and it was a good episode for me. But I can only imagine what a great episode it would have been (for me), if I hadn't known.

And I really was angry yesterday for this miss-quotation of JM about Carson not being a clone. I was really looking forward to see the real Beckett and I was therefore really disappointed.
              he is the beckett what makes a person a person is there memorys he truly believed he was the beckett so its not really a bad thing
              sigpic
              [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
                That could be it, or it could be that it wasn't an amazing episode!!! i really feel that TPTB had a chance to do something really creative here ( ie make the Carson they rescued the real one and the one who died in sunday the clone), but instead they took the easy way out and just made him a clone..
                That would have been incredibly eye roll-worthy and lame, in my opinion. It would have been a cheap reset, whereas this one has interesting trust dynamics to play with, plus it would've been incredibly unrealistic for Michael to have managed to clone Carson in like the 20 minutes he had him captive in "Misbegotten."
                Theoretically spoilerish:
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
                  That would have been incredibly eye roll-worthy and lame, in my opinion. It would have been a cheap reset, whereas this one has interesting trust dynamics to play with, plus it would've been incredibly unrealistic for Michael to have managed to clone Carson in like the 20 minutes he had him captive in "Misbegotten."
                  I totally agree having the Carson who died in Sunday be the clone would have taken away from that episode - and as you point out when exactly would Michael have had the time to clone him?

Comment

Yeah Spoilers truly ruin the show especially when they are misquoted.

Still "The Kindred" prevailed, imo.
                    sigpic

Comment

And maybe just maybe, the Asgard could help out Carson, they fixed the bad clone(young) of Oneill on SG1...

Comment

The Asgard are dead...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy17 View Post
                          The Asgard are dead...
                          They are, but Earth has all of their knowledge, so they can find something to help Carson.
                          sigpic

Comment

Killing Carson and Thor...just a 2 of many mistakes.

Lets count booboo deaths:

1. Janet Fraiser
                            2. Jacob Carter
                            3. Thor and the Asgrad
                            4. Carson Beckett
                            5. Peter Gronin
                            6. Martouf
                            7. Sha'ri
                            8. All the good Goa'uld...leaving us with a bag of ba'als.

MIA who are dead to JM:

Dr. Weir
                            Lt. Ford
                            Oma

Those who should be killed off and never come back:

Larrin
                            Pete Shanahan
                            Lucius
                            Replicator Wier
                            Clones...except the asgard
                            Adria and the Bori.
                            Elis.
                            Another new ship to blow up or use for an escape route.

Stories that should have been followed up:
                            The Nox
                            The Furlings
                            Races that we only saw once.

Officer Novak (hiccups)
                            Hermoid

The Deadelus
                            Colonel Caldwell
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
                              That could be it, or it could be that it wasn't an amazing episode!!! i really feel that TPTB had a chance to do something really creative here ( ie make the Carson they rescued the real one and the one who died in sunday the clone), but instead they took the easy way out and just made him a clone.
                              Believe me I wanted that to be the case but after watching the ep and thinking about it there was no way to do that and have it make sense.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X