Carson appearing to Mcay at the end of Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carson appearing to Mcay at the end of Sunday

I head that Carson when he died (not talking about the clone) he ascended. I dont believe this theory because Carson's body had not disappeared and was buried.

Now the question was how was Carson able to talk to McKay at the end of Sunday?

I have heard before that the Carson McKay was talking to was actually a Mental Image created by McKay's brain (Conscience) for some reason which appeared to him in a dream/hallucination which can really happen in Real life.

I heard that theory was true somewhere. What do you guys think?

Everybody knows he didn't ascend we all know this. It is true that McKay did create a mental image of Carson, I'm pretty sure the writers just intended it to be that little bit extra then just killing him off straight away and not explaining anything.

But to answer your first part, no he did not ascend, and to your second, it was in his mind.

And lastly, I don't think that was the real Carson in the way we know it from later in season 4 but I'll let you watch those and not spoil anything.
    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
      I head that Carson when he died (not talking about the clone) he ascended. I dont believe this theory because Carson's body had not disappeared and was buried.

Now the question was how was Carson able to talk to McKay at the end of Sunday?

I have heard before that the Carson McKay was talking to was actually a Mental Image created by McKay's brain (Conscience) for some reason which appeared to him in a dream/hallucination which can really happen in Real life.

I heard that theory was true somewhere. What do you guys think?
      Simply put it was a creation of Rodneys mind, most likely a dream as much as I hate psychology (It is a soft science) it makes sense he misses his friend so his sub concious creates a means for him to say goodbye
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
        Simply put it was a creation of Rodneys mind, most likely a dream as much as I hate psychology (It is a soft science) it makes sense he misses his friend so his sub concious creates a means for him to say goodbye
        Ya similar to how his subconscious created Samantha Carter in Grace Under Pressure to help him with his stressful situation when he was in the sinking jumper.

Ok thanks anyway for the replays. I just wanted to hear what other people had to say.

Comment

:
          Spoiler:
          What if Micheal can use a power, like he did with Teyla, to talk too McKay?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGate View Post
            :
            Spoiler:
            why would he want to do that though
            sigpic
            [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGate View Post
              :
              Spoiler:
              Nah. It was a hallucination.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

What if it really was Carson's spirit? Haven't any of you had weird things happen after a friend or relative die?

Nearly every religion in the world believes in life after death...why dismiss that possibility?

I've experienced a real life haunting and there isn't a doubt in my mind that something goes on after we die.

I think the writer's intended to show some sort of life after death view!

Think about it, McKay is a FACT type of guy who goes by the numbers. He, himself might even consider the experience something his mind came up with but the image of Carson foretold them meeting again. Wouldn't it be within a writer's interest to actually show McKay interacting with Carson's spirit.

Why dismiss our own beliefs? It amazes me how fans can come up with explanations of How Carson would survive, including beam out technology as if it was accepted fact and yet dismiss one of the most common held beliefs in the world.

Maybe, just maybe the scene was what it looked liked. Carson's spirit coming back to tell his friend he will see him again.

Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

This is scifi not fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    What if it really was Carson's spirit?
                    Because McKay was completely non-surprised at "seeing" Carson, which implies that he didn't actually see him at all. The whole "conversation" was just a visualization of McKay's thoughts.
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                      Because McKay was completely non-surprised at "seeing" Carson, which implies that he didn't actually see him at all. The whole "conversation" was just a visualization of McKay's thoughts.
                      I take it you've never seen a ghost before. You don't run away screaming like in the movies...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        This is scifi not fantasy.

have you watched the sci-fi channel lately?

Comment

I take it you've never seen a ghost before. You don't run away screaming like in the movies...lol.
                          You say that as if ghosts were real.

Comment

Well you said that McKay saw Carson's spirit but something similar happened with McKay when he saw Samantha Carter in the Sinking Jumper in Season 3. And that was a manifestation of Sam and was not real. McKay's Sub-Conscious has created a manifestation before so i wouldn't be surprised that it did it again when he was in depression about Carson's death and was blaming himself.
                            Last edited by haloplayer; 02 March 2008, 06:36 PM.

Comment

have you watched the sci-fi channel lately?
                              Stargate isn't made by SciFi.

Comment

Working...
                              X