• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Phoenix - Everything you wanna see [Massive Spoilers]

Have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMbbB5kbWtM

Spoiler:

Did you notice that the Phoenix was commanded by Carter, and the Phoenix also had what looks to be drone launchers?

It wouldn't surprise me that a ship like the Phoenix would have beam weapons, drones, and railguns!

Just wow.

UPDATE - MARCH 2, 2008

Last edited by McSwift; 02 March 2008, 04:25 PM.
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

They aren't drones, but they are definitely very fast and maneuverable missiles.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

indeed, It weird that they don't use their beam weapons

Comment

omfg it looked awsome (not just the ship)! i just hope the ship doesn't get blown up, lol...
        maybe the "drones" we saw were a combination of ancient tech (real drones) and taurie tech

lol carter commander, the ship gets blown up with carter and then we have woolsey as a new commander
        Last edited by ffstbh; 01 March 2008, 06:39 AM.
        Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

The missiles look very much the same as those the Apollo fires on Lifeline

Though they were completely useless against the shields of the Asuran cruiser

I have to say from the Phoenix I expected better

Comment

Originally posted by ffstbh View Post
            omfg it looked awsome (not just the ship)! i just hope the ship doesn't get blown up, lol...
            maybe the "drones" we saw were a combination of ancient tech (real drones) and taurie tech

lol carter commander, the ship gets blown up with carter and then we have woolsey as a new commander
            i dnt think carter get blown up because she is sposed 2 guest star in some episodes
            sigpic
            [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

we dont know if that was the Phoenix yet. It may as well been the Daedalus, and they show the Phoenix later into the episode.

And those were were definitely missiles, but they seemed quicker.
              Visit my Website

Comment

It could be plot shields in effect and they may not be using the beams because of it. Otherwise the Hives may not be sucessful in their attack.

But I just saw what appears to be Carter and the ship blow up in the trailer (Daedalus? Caldwell can't make appearances any longer?). Also 2 Hives being taken down. And those could not have been taken out by those pathetic missiles (unless it was a Mark 9), if they were indeed destroyed by the 304. .

Comment

Maybe they are using a combination of the beams and other weapons. From other clips it doesn't look like those missiles destroy the hives or cause serious damage, but who knows.

Either way it looks like the BC-304 is taking a beating.
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

So far the indication is (I could wrong here):

Looks like plot shields in effect. Beams inoperable for some bizzaro reason (new ship?), down to railguns and missles. Or beams missing by miles, because nobody can shoot straight.

304 (I think probably Phoenix), Carter in it, gets blown up.

Time travel episode begins. John saves the day (Season 5 part II).

Season 5, Carter is back but retired. Woolsey takes over.

Comment

A 304 taken out by two hives ? ... or was it Michaels cruiser ?
                      This totally sucks, i mean, i know those wraith pulses are very powerful but still, 304 shield's are very good, this should not have happened.
                      Why can't they just blow up another Aurora class.

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
                        A 304 taken out by two hives ? ... or was it Michaels cruiser ?
                        This totally sucks, i mean, i know those wraith pulses are very powerful but still, 304 shield's are very good, this should not have happened.
                        Why can't they just blow up another Aurora class.
                        I think they were hives; I didn't see acruiser in either promo. And we don't know the circumstances of this fight or what happens in it, really, so why not hold off until it airs?
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Just a possible scenario.

Michael has his unhittable Cruiser on stand by at all times, and somehow he got hold of 2 Hives.

Combo of 3 destroys the 304, which takes out 2 Hives in the process.

Just a possibility. But if there is a Cruiser near by that can't be hit by beams = 100% certainty it is Michael's.

Comment

Yes i do think they were drones becasue they are the same color as drones and are just as fast and as good as dodging as them
                            This isn't Atlantis?
                            I don't think so.
                            If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
                              Yes i do think they were drones becasue they are the same color as drones and are just as fast and as good as dodging as them
                              They appeared far too large to be drones, and they had a trail of what appeared to be propellant, which would not be left behind by drones.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X