X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Dog's Breakfast

ROFL...
    Spoiler:
    I was lying on the floor when Carson said " felt like a dog's breakfast since I got here."
    ....LOL

Originally posted by rea View Post
    ROFL...
    Spoiler:
    I was lying on the floor when Carson said " felt like a dog's breakfast since I got here."
    ....LOL
    I didn't even catch that. Nice reference to David's movie.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I noticed that, it was about as subtle as a brick.

Comment

About as subtle as being hit in the face with a brick. Even David cringed at that.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

yeah it was a great moment
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Actually it must of been more subtle or way more inside then I thought. I heard it and thought of the movie but after no one brought it up in the main thread I thought maybe I just mis-heard or overthought the line.

Glad to know I am not crazy.........or at least in that one pure second of time I was not hallucinating or anything.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

You guys have to remember that comparatively few people who watch Stargate actively participate on Stargate forums. And even if they do, there is no guarantee that they've heard of A Dog's Breakfast. So while those of us familiar with the movie got hit in the face with that comment, most people wouldn't have even realized it was there.

Comment

Originally posted by rea View Post
                ROFL...
                Spoiler:
                ....LOL
                yeah that was great
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

That was brilliant. I had to pause the episode because I was laughing (and clapping!) so much.

Comment

I didn't think it was as "subtle as a brick." It's just like any other saying: "feel like cr@p," or "look what the cat dragged in," or, even more colorful, "feel like something the cat threw up."

I thought it was funny, and as someone mentioned, probably 85% of the regular viewing audience didn't know it was a reference to Hewlett's movie.

Comment

I don't see why it HAD to be subtle. It was obvious that they were trying to reference the film.

Comment

I caught it but it was not "drop dead funny" but rather amusing

Comment

Isn't the phrase 'A dogs dinner' anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Isn't the phrase 'A dogs dinner' anyway?
                            You're muddling two phrases:

'A Dog's Breakfast' is of Glaswegian origin and therefore does have some link to Beckett. It means literally 'a mess'.

'A Dog's Dinner' refers to someone being over-dressed, as in 'Done up like a dog's dinner'
                            Mircalla

'Never tremble with a newt'

Comment

Originally posted by mircalla View Post
                              You're muddling two phrases:

'A Dog's Breakfast' is of Glaswegian origin and therefore does have some link to Beckett. It means literally 'a mess'.

'A Dog's Dinner' refers to someone being over-dressed, as in 'Done up like a dog's dinner'
                              That's the only way I've heard the phrase 'a dogs dinner' used, meaning a mess.

Comment

Working...
                              X