Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were Hataks either new or relatively rare at the beginning of SG-1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were Hataks either new or relatively rare at the beginning of SG-1?

Were Hataks (the kind we normally see, not Ra's type) either new or relatively rare at the beginning of SG-1? I ask this because back in season 1 Teal'c stated that he'd never been on that type of ship, and as a first prime I find that unlikely. Also the loss of those two ships was enough to severly weaken Apophis (although that may have just been from the loss of jaffa). Is it possible that the large number of Hataks we see later in the series weren't built until after the death of Ra and the resulting chaos among the System Lords?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

it really all depends what you meen by hat'ak. Until season 1 RA's mothership was the hat'ak design i think. The hat'ak's we see today are probably new models.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
      it really all depends what you meen by hat'ak. Until season 1 RA's mothership was the hat'ak design i think.
      Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
      (the kind we normally see, not Ra's
      I mean the kind that every other system lord beside Ra and Heru'ur have had.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

I think teal'cs qoute was more because he hadnt been on one with a stargate on it but not to sure ive been thinking the same.

Also weve seen teal'c on one of apophis's hat'acs before in the episode were he bra'tac makes him realise why he didnt think apophis was a god he stands on apophis's bridge i think we see an external shot of the ship but not to sure.

The reason it might of serverally weakened apophis's strength is cause i think at the start he was only a minor goauld only just being able to hold off the system lords but not to sure.
        if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Hmm I seem to remember Apophis being the second most powerful behind Ra, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            Hmm I seem to remember Apophis being the second most powerful behind Ra, but I could be wrong.
            I seem to remember it the same way. They set it up so that Apophis was Ra's direct rival, though with Ra being more powerful than not only Apophis, but all other System Lords.

Comment

Those hatak were loaded for a full scale invasion thats a lot of jaffa

and also the fact he got beat by primitives

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Do we see a ha'tak in "Moebius?" I can't remember, but if we do it would prove that they were around back then.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I don't beleive we do, which doesn't really say a lot.
                  Best quotes ever:
                  O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                  Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                  Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                  Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                  Thor:I like the yellow ones
                  O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

The ship Ra used was more of a Pleasure Yacht.

The original design for the Hataks which Teal'c was used to was the more round outer shell, with a 4 sided pyramid.

The newer models were smaller, with 3 sided pyramids. Those kind are mostly meant for space battles, while the 4 sided, are more like carriers meant to carry more death gliders and jaffa soldiers.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

While we are talking about Ra... Was he the first goa'uld? I just watched the first movie and i must say it was very vague about the background info about the origin of the goa'uld. It wasn't even clear that he was a snake-like symbiote. Before i make a special thread maybe someone can enlighten me about the history of the goa'uld so i can make some specific questions, or if there already is a thread like this were can i find it?
                      Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

Originally posted by ffstbh View Post
                        While we are talking about Ra... Was he the first goa'uld? I just watched the first movie and i must say it was very vague about the background info about the origin of the goa'uld. It wasn't even clear that he was a snake-like symbiote. Before i make a special thread maybe someone can enlighten me about the history of the goa'uld so i can make some specific questions, or if there already is a thread like this were can i find it?
                        He was the first goauld to find Earth and enslave its culture and begin spreading them through the stars i think other goauld captured earth occasionally or captured them off world for there own purpose. As he had probably a few million or a couple hundred thousand slaves it wouldve put him into a powerful position to take control of what ever he wanted.
                        if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by ffstbh View Post
                          At the beggining of "Homecoming," (SG-1 7.02) Lord Yu's first prime says that lord Yu is the oldest of the system lords. Of course we can't trust this but it does raise the likeliness of Ra not being the oldest, he was just the one who "discovered" humans.
                          Who's the black private Jaffa that's a sex machine to all the Tau'ri women? Teal'c!
                          Who is the man that would risk his neck for his fellow Jaffa? Teal'c!
                          Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Merrick178 View Post
                            At the beggining of "Homecoming," (SG-1 7.02) Lord Yu's first prime says that lord Yu is the oldest of the system lords. Of course we can't trust this but it does raise the likeliness of Ra not being the oldest, he was just the one who "discovered" humans.
                            He was the oldest amongst the current System Lords, of which Ra is not a member.
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              He was the oldest amongst the current System Lords, of which Ra is not a member.
                              Ra was the "Supreme System Lord", which was like their king. The System Lords were like his court of nobles, who governed specific regions of the galaxy, but Ra was the one in charge, until he got blown up that is.

Before Ra was ruler of the Goa'uld, Sokar was the big cheese. An alliance of Ra's and Apophis' forces (along with system lords) dethroned Sokar. Ra betrayed Apophis shortly there after.

So you have Ra ruling the system lords, and Apophis and Sokar demoted to "rogue" status. They both still had a lot of power, but not enough to take Ra and his system lords down.

As for the original question, yes, the Ha'tak's we see starting in season 1 are a new model. They're bigger, faster and more heavily armed than previous models (like Ra's ship from the movie).
                              It would seem that Apophis (or rather his engineering lackeys) designed the new model, but the others quickly (within a couple seasons) copied the designs and produced their own.
                              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Working...
                              X