How do you make a ZPM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you make a ZPM?

I'd imagine there'll be threads on this already so does anyone know where they are?

I think that they must require some sort of special cosmological event as opposed to been produced in a ZPM factory in Atlantis. Maybe it's something like a supernova.

Another possibility is that they are made out a rare mineral that might not even exist anymore.

I don't think Atlantis will have a special factory to make them as that would be too easy, there would be loads everywhere.

I also don't think that the creation of them uses more energy than they create, unless the energy is from a non man (Ancient) made event, as that would mean that power would eventually run out.

And this is a question we will never know...dang writers and not wanting to give us even more power.....
    This isn't Atlantis?
    I don't think so.
    If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

zpms are basically mini universes i think, so i think they create them in labs or something
      Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
      Anime signature in spoiler tag
      Spoiler:
      Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Creating the shell would be the easy part since we have seen the asgard transport rematerialize one. It also shows that the actual universe is not in the ZPM but the ZPM is just a door to the mini universe that we deplete. Because i dont think it is physically possible to dematerialize and rematerialize a universe or subspace. The Key piece of tech i think they would be looking for is the miniuniverse creation device and the way they can change the "other side of the door"
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

"Self-contained region of subspace."

I withdraw.

Comment

well the Asurans said they had loads, and i can't believe they would lie about something like that. so i don't think there is a finite amount that can exist.

essentially the main part of the technology is the same as Arcturas, it's just isolating/creating the region of subspace that you draw the energy from is the bit they don't know how to do.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

How many threads done on this????

To add to the thread, one of the theories that I like is that they open a region of subspace and this requires a huge amount of energy, they could use a sun or a black hole to 'charge it up', but really we don't know. This has been done before, it's probably better to use the search button on this one.
              Best quotes ever:
              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
              Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
              Thor:I like the yellow ones
              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

What if the ZPM depletes itself by losing the power needed to keep the 'door' open to subspace? If the door is the only thing that allows access to subspace, maybe creation of ZPM's is simply the ability to give a small device the 'door'. That wouldn't exactly be the easiest thing to do... it would definitely take power too, which could be why there aren't more on Atlantis. Too much power away from the shield would have meant instant defeat against the Wraith. It could be for the same reasons they don't have more drones.

Just thinkin out loud here.

Comment

Working...
                X