Ori mothership or Hive ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori mothership or Hive ship

After seeing how devestating both the Hive ships and Ori motherships are im woundering who would win if the two fleets met in battle. I have my own opinion but i want to here what you have to say first.

Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

ori would win, their main weapon will tear the hive apart.

Comment

That depends, two fleet's of equal number of vessels on both sides ?

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
        That depends, two fleet's of equal number of vessels on both sides ?
        That's a very important question. If it was the Ori milkyway fleet vs Wraith pegasus fleet then it might be interesting. 6-8? ori warships vs 40 hives, the Wraith might have a chance. But there still gonna take huge losses.

Comment

clearly 1 on 1 an ori ship is far more powerful. 1 shot 1 kill for the mighty ori. if it was the the 4 ori ships that came through the supergate against the 12 hives that headed for atlantis i still think the ori would still win easy.

Comment

My first thought was : Ori, of course! Extremely powerfull shields vs. questionable regenerative abilities, no contest.....
            .... but just when we think their down, they surprise us. The Wraith are proving to be more clever than I thought.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
              clearly 1 on 1 an ori ship is far more powerful. 1 shot 1 kill for the mighty ori. if it was the the 4 ori ships that came through the supergate against the 12 hives that headed for atlantis i still think the ori would still win easy.
              Actually i' am not sure about that, you see, because of the sheer size of the Wraith Hive ship's, you'll need a lot of fire power, i believe at least 3 shot's, unless of course you hit a key system. In the end, however, i believe the Ori will be victorious.

Comment

Also remember that the Ori ships don't just have one weapon. They have pulse cannons along their circumference in addition to the main beam weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                  Also remember that the Ori ships don't just have one weapon. They have pulse cannons along their circumference in addition to the main beam weapon.
                  i forgot about that. i'm so used to seeing the main weapon i forgot about the pulse cannins.

Comment

the wraith can send 1000s of darts
                    and all the wraith need to do is get on the side of the ori ship and use those huge energy weapons they have the ones with the blast is as big as the earths ship
                    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                    Anime signature in spoiler tag
                    Spoiler:
                    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                      the wraith can send 1000s of darts
                      And the Ori warship can field a large number of fighters.

Comment

Don't forget that the shields on an Ori ship can withstand an entire ha'tak crashing into them without a problem. I doubt the Wraith would be able to bring them down in a hurry.
                        sigpic

Comment

I personally like the Wraith Hive ships a lot better. But for the win, I would go with the Ori ships hands down, especially in one on one engagements. It would take a crap load of hive ships to be a threat to a handfull of Ori ships. I do think the hives would be harder to kill than a Ha'tak though(maybe) I keep thinking back to the Lantean satellite that cut that hive in half, Ori beam might do just the same.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I don't know how long it would take the Ori to break a Wraith ship, but I do know the Wraith, with their current technology, wouldn't be able to break an Ori ship, just based on its shielding alone. Gotta admit, the best shielding in Stargate.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Hive Ship, hands down

heres why:

1) Size - I am pretty sure a Hive is ridiculously larger than an ori ship, meaning it would take a few good shots to take out a hive, not to mention the very strong hull and shields

2) Weapons - The darts + cruisers could easily draw fire away, if not then concentrate their fire on a certain area of the shield in the hopes of happening to overload a shield generator. Also, the hull would withstand the pulse cannons , and depending on how fast a 100% hive ship regenerates hull, you never know...

3) Tactics - The wraiths best tactic is to board the ship with beaming technology. Genius. We already know the shields are susceptible since DJ could ring into one of their ships. Also, maybe they could upload a virus into the Ori ship computer?

4) Prior - I think with a sheer number of drones, you might, MIGHT be able to distract or overwhelm the prior piloting the ship, and without him, the ship is unable to be controlled

Let's not forget that while they did win against the Ancients with sheer numbers, they had to have at least held their own in battle (against drones and whatnot) to make a dent in the Ancient fleet

Comment

Working...
                              X