Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zat or Stunner, which is the better weapon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zat or Stunner, which is the better weapon?

I've been wondering which is better the zat or the stunner. Both are fine weapons but pitted against each other which has the upper hand. What do you think.

Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

It depends if you want to kill or not

If you do then the Zat if not the Stunner because you can keep firing it and won't kill the person so both have advantges
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Gotta go with the Zatnikitel. It is much faster than stunner and has much larger effect on enemies.
      Last edited by Zatnikitelman; 28 February 2008, 03:50 PM. Reason: Needed to properly respect the Zatnikitel and add the nikitel
      When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
      Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
        It depends if you want to kill or not

If you do then the Zat if not the Stunner because you can keep firing it and won't kill the person so both have advantges
        When I think of weapon, I think of how lethal something is, so I would have to go with a zat. But I agree with fugiman, too. If you AREN'T looking to kill, it's the stunner. Depends on what your ultimate goal is.

Comment

Stunner, if you want to kill someone there are a lot of weapons you can choose from but you would use a Zat to stun or if there is no other option it would be your inefficient killing tool. Stunner you can just shoot them multiple times without having to worry.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

i think i've seen at leats 5 of these threads in the last week

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Nothing beats a Zat!

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                Gotta go with the Zatnikitel. It is much faster than stunner and has much larger effect on enemies.
                Not really, in order to open a zat u must push a button at the side of the gun, for the stunner you just fire.

Comment

I didn't mean activation time, I meant beam travel speed. Just like bullets are faster than staffs, railguns appear faster than some energy weapons etc.
                  When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                  Zatnikitelman

Comment

zat, coz it can kill to. but then again u could just beat them on the head with a stunner if u wanna kill them

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

One shot from a zat is guaranteed to knock someone out, but some people can take more than one shot from a stunner before going out. Zat wins.
                      It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                      --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

if you want to subdue not kill a Zat would work maybe 90% of the time, stunners maybe 80% but in tht small 10% if they dont go down you cant shoot them again while the stunner you can shoot time more than once.

Comment

Stunners look more handheld-friendly, being a standard "gun-shape" compared to the odd-looking Zat.

People do become accustomed to the Zat-blast after repeated blasts, but I suppose this is the same for the Stunner too.

The Zat can also affect electrical devices whilst the Stunner has only been seen to affect humans/ wraiths/ etc.

If you wanted to Stun a large crowd, firing blindly into the crowd with a Zat could result in a double-hit, causing death, whilst the Stunner would probably only result in a larger headache...

It really depends on your ultimate goal in using a stunning device. The Zat makes a pretty pointless lethal device, having to fire twice (the lethal-blast is probably only a fall-back option incase the stunned captive is no longer of use and is being unco-operative. Also, being stunned once will lower the captives chance of fleeing, if he's stunned again he'll be dead).

The Stunner is just a stunning device. Simple as that. Like a taser but at a longer range and energy-based.

They're really pretty equal. But I'd go with a stunner if I had the choice, seems quicker than the Snakehead-Strike movement of the Zat when it activates.

Comment

the first wraith stunner did affect the puddle jumper in 38 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                              the first wraith stunner did affect the puddle jumper in 38 minutes.
                              Really? When?

Comment

Working...
                              X