stargate V.S borg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stargate V.S borg

i know there are alot of vs threads out there, but i am curious what you think.

Stargate has human form replicators (asurans), regular replicators and well the humans (with asgard knowledge) and ancients. perhaps the wraith and guald

The borg have 100's maybe 1000's of ships and can infect worlds just like the replicators, they don't have shields like the wraith but here ships are also large.

If there was a war between us who would win?
    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
    Anime signature in spoiler tag
    Spoiler:
    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

it depends, is earth alone, do we have allies?

Comment

Borg have many 10's of billions of drones, fleet very easily over 100,000 ships.

If the Borg can adapt to foregin universe tech, all over.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
        Borg have many 10's of billions of drones, fleet very easily over 100,000 ships.
        That many!!!???
        Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

They may have actually something like millions of vessels. I believe it was mentioned that passing through borg space would mean facing millions of vessels...

TBH with the number of Borg ships providing they can reach their enemies the sheer numbers would crush the fleets of SG.
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Let's break this down to what it really is: Daedalus class post-Unending vs. Borg Cube in neutral space, no reinforcements for anyone, no planets.
            Given what we've seen with beam weapons vs. ships, the first volleys would slice the Borg up something fierce until they adapted. Then, they would probably resort to Nuclear/Railgun bombardment while they tried to un-adapt the weapons so to speak.
            Meanwhile, the Borg ship would be launching an all out assault using the wide-beam weapon, narrow-beam weapon, likely tractor beam, and most likely cutting beam. Given what we know about the shield power on a 304, the weapons would likely be resisted for a long while (longer than Enterprise's ). During this time, the Borg would have try to adap to the onslaught of nukes and railguns.
            Very likely, given what we know, the first shots from Daedalus would wack the Borg pretty good. However, they would quickly adapt and begin wearing down the 304's shield. After the first volleys, there are just too many unknowns: can the Borg beam through 304's shields? can 304 nukes be beamed onto Borg ship? how would 304 shields respond to tractor beam? Just waay too many unknowns at this point. That being said however, I would put my money on the 304 as the weapons are incredibly powerful vs. metal hull.
            When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
            Zatnikitelman

Comment

I doubt that the Borg can adapt to projectile weapons, but I also assume that they can adapt to SG energy weapons though.

This limits our defense, we can only use drones, rail-guns and nukes against their ships in the long-term.

I think that we could last a year, then they would start over-whelming our defenses. Then we would have to think about evacuating as many people as possible from Earth and leaving say around 80% of the military to stand and fight and give them a chance to escape before the Borg can chase them.

All the Borg fleet vs. Earth, Goa'uld, Asurans and Ancients would be amazing to see though.
              Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

here's an idea, how much damage would a gate buster nuke do to the borg, or multiple gate busters?

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                  I doubt that the Borg can adapt to projectile weapons, but I also assume that they can adapt to SG energy weapons though.

This limits our defense, we can only use drones, rail-guns and nukes against their ships in the long-term.

I think that we could last a year, then they would start over-whelming our defenses. Then we would have to think about evacuating as many people as possible from Earth and leaving say around 80% of the military to stand and fight and give them a chance to escape before the Borg can chase them.

All the Borg fleet vs. Earth, Goa'uld, Asurans and Ancients would be amazing to see though.
                  the Asurans would annihilate the borg. to start off it would take 1000s of years for the borg to reach the Asurans. so the war would be one sided. plus if the the Asurans had the time and motivation they could build more ships than the borg. i dont think borg cubes would be able to adapt to drones aswell. if they did the Asurans could put nukes in the drones. the Asurans could also crash a small fighter in to the borg ships just to get an Asuran on board then the Asuran could take the ship.
                  and if all else fails the Asurans could get 1 ship to flee to another galaxy and start over.

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
                    here's an idea, how much damage would a gate buster nuke do to the borg, or multiple gate busters?
                    One is far more than enough to utterly get rid of a cube.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

what about a small fleet of say 5-7 cubes

Comment

they dont have sheilds, so like the wraith we can beam nukes untill they adapt, but they might have 100,000s of ships or maybe millions if so, even the ancients cant win...borg cubes are huge...28 cubic kilometers

here is some info on a borg cube

Borg cubes were typically manned by "thousands of drones," and could vary in capacity anywhere from 5,000 to 64,000 to 129,000 drones.

The main tactic employed by cubes when engaging another vessel was to seize it with a tractor beam and render its defenses useless by draining its shields. Thus, the cube could perform any type of action, ranging from destruction to assimilation, on the defenseless ship. (

The cube weaponry also included disruptor beams, torpedoes, and shield neutralizers. The cubes could also use dispersal fields to disrupt the sensor and transporter function of enemy vessels.

one thing that would be interesting is the replicators vs the borg, who would assimilate who?
                        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                        Spoiler:
                        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

replicators would win

Comment

why do people keep saying the Borg don't have shields when they do, I think only the cubes don't have shields cause of there shear size, but think about all it takes is a small team of Borg to get aboard a 304 and its over, just inject some nano probes into the ship and assimilate it, granted zatz and other energy weapons can be adapted to but not a p90 as we saw in First contact projectiles work really well against Borg, and also rember the Borg can create transwarp conduits and get anywhere in the galaxy within no time it all

Comment

Originally posted by CYBEREAGLE19 View Post
                              why do people keep saying the Borg don't have shields when they do, I think only the cubes don't have shields cause of there shear size, but think about all it takes is a small team of Borg to get aboard a 304 and its over, just inject some nano probes into the ship and assimilate it, granted zatz and other energy weapons can be adapted to but not a p90 as we saw in First contact projectiles work really well against Borg, and also rember the Borg can create transwarp conduits and get anywhere in the galaxy within no time it all
                              eventually they could adapt to projectile weapons and it all depends if they can get past the asgard sheilds
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X