install an Iris

Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post
    Ok why don't they in Season 5
    Spoiler:
    rebuild the midway station

only this time
    Spoiler:
    install an Iris
    short answer that we're probably mean to believe..............money.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Not to mention that TPTB regrett building the Midway Station
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Because they'll come to realise that building the midway station was a bad idea to start with. let's provide a revolving door for the Wraith and the Asurans/replicators!!!! not good thinking.

Comment

I hope they do, but I suspect that they won't... and I really hope they do something with all those stargates in the void, that just plain bothers me that we would basically steal all these stargates from all these unpopulated worlds for our own use this way...what about the life that eventually evolves there millions of years after we're gone, they won't have stargates to help their development has all these other cultures have, if they ever develop at all, anyway thats really not important I just hate to see something like a butt-load of Stargates wasting away in the empty space between galaxies, they should atleast figure something out to use em for, if nothing else pick em all back up and plant em down on other worlds we wanna visit regularly. or make more oribtal gates..etc..

Comment

I hope they rebuild midway, but make it smaller, and leave the gates outside the station. Communications can then be sent, but in order to send people you have to fly a jumper.

You dock at the station, wait through quaratine, and then fly to Earth.

Ground troops can't attack. You can then shield the station, and arm it with rail guns. As the wraith have gate ships.

Since the station doesn't have stargates inside it can be much smaller, with custom docks that only jumpers fit into.

Comment

Midway was not a bad idea at all. The bad idea was not installing some kind of shield/iris on the gates. Rodney's ego aside, how the heck did the IOA ever sign off on the design of the station without some sort of physical protection against intruders. That just strikes me as insane.

Comment

What they need is some sort of Wraith seeking weapon that instantly fires if a Wraith passes through the gate. And improve the ARG so it fires automatically as well. Problem solved! lol
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                  What they need is some sort of Wraith seeking weapon that instantly fires if a Wraith passes through the gate. And improve the ARG so it fires automatically as well. Problem solved! lol
                  An iris is much more cheaper.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                    What they need is some sort of Wraith seeking weapon that instantly fires if a Wraith passes through the gate.
                    That could be awkward for Teyla.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                      LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                        She has only a single strand of Wraith DNA. We could key it to only target actual Wraith. Though that might give Michael's hybrids a free pass.

Comment

i asume that darts have a diffrent energie signal so adapt the sensors to detect that and then fire on it
                          - Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
                          - When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
                          - Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
                          - Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post
                            Ok why don't they in Season 5
                            Spoiler:
                            rebuild the midway station

only this time
                            Spoiler:
                            install an Iris
                            Because the writers want rid of the midway station, it makes travel between galaxies too easy.

Comment

Working...
                            X