PDA

View Full Version : Body Swap

ykickamoocow
February 26th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Ive brought this up before (never had its own thread) but a idea which Scifi shows like to use is the body swap as it is generally quite funny seeing main characters act very differently. If a body swap episode were to happen in Season 5 who do you want to be swapped and why

the choices are

Sheppard - Ronon
Sheppard - McKay
Sheppard - Teyla
Teyla - McKay
Teyla - Ronon
Ronon - McKay

I am personally a fan of either Teyla - Mckay or Ronon - Mckay as it think it would be great to see Rachel Luttrell or Jason Momoa acting like McKay and it would be great to see David Hewlett acting like either Teyla or Ronon. What do you guys think?

jelgate
February 26th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I can hear the fandom yelling SG-1 rippoff, but I do like the idea.

Jumper_One
February 26th, 2008, 04:40 PM

remind me of the SG-1 ep would you? thanks. oh and I immediately thought of the Farscape ep 'Out of Their Minds' :P

ykickamoocow
February 26th, 2008, 04:48 PM
remind me of the SG-1 ep would you? thanks. oh and I immediately thought of the Farscape ep 'Out of Their Minds' :P

Its the season 2 episode "Holiday" where Daniel swaps bodies with Machello. There are also a couple of scenes with Jack and Teal'c who also swap bodies mid episode. Body Swapping is a great idea but it wasnt done overally well that episode.

Jumper_One
February 26th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Its the season 2 episode "Holiday" where Daniel swaps bodies with Machello. There are also a couple of scenes with Jack and Teal'c who also swap bodies mid episode. Body Swapping is a great idea but it wasnt done overally well that episode.

yeah I know thanks but I thought jelgate was talking about another ep

jelgate
February 26th, 2008, 04:59 PM
No, I was talking about Holiday.

MerryK
February 26th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Personally, I love bodyswap and possession episodes, as I love to see the actors face special challenges (and almost never do they falter). I would, however, like to see some weight to the story (like they did with the cliche plots of "Duet" and "Tao of Rodney")...don't ask me how, or why they would do such an episode, but I'd definitely tune in. I'd like to see Ronon in Mckay, Mckay in Teyla, and Teyla in Sheppard, and Sheppard in Ronon.

Jumper_One
February 26th, 2008, 05:15 PM
No, I was talking about Holiday.

oh ok. yeah you're right that'd totally be a SG-1 rip off :rolleyes: :P

jelgate
February 26th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I don't agree with the assessment but thats what part of the fandom is going to say.

ykickamoocow
February 26th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I thought id ad that for the Mckay - Teyla body swap idea i would love to see Rachel Luttrell speak like McKay in a technobable scene and it would be hilarious to see David Hewlett fighting like Teyla :D

Crichiel
February 26th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I thought id ad that for the Mckay - Teyla body swap idea i would love to see Rachel Luttrell speak like McKay in a technobable scene and it would be hilarious to see David Hewlett fighting like Teyla :D

Ok, THAT would be fantastic! :D I'd like to see ANYone talk like McKay....anyone from Atlantis. Between SG-1's Sam (technobabble) and Daniel (the speed and the over-explaining of things), the Milky Way already has it's version of McKay-speech.

I would like to see Ronon and McKay switch as well. I think they are the two that would have the least tolerance for the switch!

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 26th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Sure it's been done before, but it's always hilarious or scary.

I want to see McKay in Ronon, Ronon in McKay, and a Wraith in Sheppard.

Vorash
February 26th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Or Sheppard or even Mckay in a wraith to go with the wraith in shappard!! but id love it to be Mckay could u just see his reaction

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 26th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Or Sheppard or even Mckay in a wraith to go with the wraith in shappard!! but id love it to be Mckay could u just see his reaction

I'd put Sheppard in the Wraith, I'd just focus more on Evil!Wraith-in-Sheppard.

rl2hb
February 27th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Now, a wraith and one of the team could actually make for an interesting plot. That team member would have to face some pretty heavy issues when they start dying and have to feed. And if the wraith is good at acting, and has been around whichever team member long enough, they could probably learn some pretty big secrets about the expedition.

Now I kind of really want to see this episode happen. haha

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 27th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Now, a wraith and one of the team could actually make for an interesting plot. That team member would have to face some pretty heavy issues when they start dying and have to feed.

Good idea. Now, that would be conflict.

And if the wraith is good at acting, and has been around whichever team member long enough, they could probably learn some pretty big secrets about the expedition.

Now I kind of really want to see this episode happen. haha

That would probably mean Todd or Michael.

Falcon Horus
February 27th, 2008, 06:09 AM

Holiday (WRITTEN BY - Tor Alexander Valenza) would be the one they would be using. But since it is written by Tor Valenza, they can't use that script cause that would be plagiarism and they can't risk that. As far as I know Tor isn't part of the writer-staff anymore... so that's an issue.

OotM - That the one where we have different versions of the Farscape crew? Like D'Argo being Jool?
Cause if that is the one ... it rocks!

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 27th, 2008, 06:19 AM
OotM - That the one where we have different versions of the Farscape crew? Like D'Argo being Jool?
Cause if that is the one ... it rocks!

I think s/he means the one where Rigel is in John's body, John is in Aeryn's body, Chiana is in D'Argo's body, etc.

The_Carpenter
February 27th, 2008, 06:23 AM
I think s/he means the one where Rigel is in John's body, John is in Aeryn's body, Chiana is in D'Argo's body, etc.

And they have name tags to keep track of whose who :lol:

I need to watch Farscape again :D

TDgamer
February 27th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Too bad she is leaving otherwise I would like to see a McKay-Carter swap. Imagine what McKay would do with that!

The_Carpenter
February 27th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Too bad she is leaving otherwise I would like to see a McKay-Carter swap. Imagine what McKay would do with that!
Whatever he does, I'm sure there won't be much of Mckay left when Carter gets her body back :mckay:

Falcon Horus
February 27th, 2008, 07:15 AM

Ah yes, now I remember. Thanks.

Oh sure... That one is hilarious.

Blencathra
February 27th, 2008, 09:00 AM

Errr, don't you mean Red Dwarf rip-off. But I like the idea too. :)

Edited to say the Red Dwarf Body Swap episode aired in December 1989.

wheresmyfroggy
February 27th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I've said this before in other threads, Mckay and Ronon switching would be awesomely entertaining. Especially if they had to go offworld in order to fix it and ran into some trouble. Ronon (in Mckay) would be fighting and Mckay (in Ronon) would be fixing things and standing behind Sheppard and Ronon (in Mckay).

I just want to see DH kick someone's ass in hand-to-hand. Come on! Just once!

The_Carpenter
February 27th, 2008, 10:10 AM
I've said this before in other threads, Mckay and Ronon switching would be awesomely entertaining. Especially if they had to go offworld in order to fix it and ran into some trouble. Ronon (in Mckay) would be fighting and Mckay (in Ronon) would be fixing things and standing behind Sheppard and Ronon (in Mckay).

LOL whats more important Skill or Power :D

Freekzilla
February 27th, 2008, 10:11 AM
ok ok I got it. This would be something REALLY funny and in a way, demented. I'd like to see McKay swap with Carter! Now THAT would be hilarious! Or atleast McKay in Carter. So it could go like this:

McKay -> Carter
Carter -> Ronon
Ronon - > Sheppard
Sheppard -> Teyla
Teyla -> McKay

And, have it so that while Sheppard is in Teyla, he has to give birth and do the whole "mommy" thing. And, McKay has to deal with being in Carter, which could be very funny to watch because of how he feels about her (Carter while in Ronon's body would order McKay to be chaperoned at all times so McKay won't take advantage of himself). LOL! And even better, make it so they are out on a mission while it happens and they can't switch back right away so they have to complete the mission in their "rented" bodies. And, if done right, they could elaborate lightly on Teyla's experience in a male's body and how she really learned from it and that it will help her understand/deal with her son as he grows older. It could also be used as an excuse as to why Ronon cut off his dreads, as it would have been really Carter that did it because she was annoyed with them flopping around all the time. So really, you could have a little bit about each person and their experiences. If done well, it could be funny, enlightening, and maybe even a little heartwarming.

This I would like to see, although I am not normally a fan of body swap/takeover episodes.

The_Carpenter
February 27th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I would love to see Woolsey in Ronon's body, can just picture Jason cowering under a control console when the cities under attack :lol:

Crichiel
February 27th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Errr, don't you mean Red Dwarf rip-off. But I like the idea too. :)

Edited to say the Red Dwarf Body Swap episode aired in December 1989.

Errrr, don't you mean the Star Trek rip-off? They did it in for the final episode in 1969. And I don't know every Twilight Zone or Outer Limits, but I am sure they probably covered this, too! ;) "Everything new is old" ;););) I say, as long as you put your own flavour to it (And NOBODY adds more flavour to body-switching than Farscape, IMHO), it is still 'creative'! :)

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 27th, 2008, 10:32 AM

That would be excellent, as I've intimated before. Of course, Ronon would have trouble with the fact that McKay's body isn't as coordinated as his own, but McKay should have no trouble doing the technobabble.

Ronon/McKay swap for humor and Sheppard/Wraith (probably Todd or Michael) swap for suspense. And the issue of Sheppard getting hungry.

wheresmyfroggy
February 27th, 2008, 10:46 AM
That would be excellent, as I've intimated before. Of course, Ronon would have trouble with the fact that McKay's body isn't as coordinated as his own, but McKay should have no trouble doing the technobabble.

Ronon/McKay swap for humor and Sheppard/Wraith (probably Todd or Michael) swap for suspense. And the issue of Sheppard getting hungry.

Couldn't you just see Ronon (in Mckay) fighting, but taking more hits than usual and when Sheppard gives him a look him saying "Mckay's not bulit for this" or something to that effect. Mwahahahaha! :cool:

kymeric
February 27th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I wouldnt mind getting in teylas pan..... owait totally different thing. NM continue.

Jumper_One
February 27th, 2008, 11:07 AM

he ;) and yes that's the one I meant :)

Ah yes, now I remember. Thanks.

Oh sure... That one is hilarious.

indeed it is :P

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 27th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Couldn't you just see Ronon (in Mckay) fighting, but taking more hits than usual and when Sheppard gives him a look him saying "Mckay's not bulit for this" or something to that effect. Mwahahahaha! :cool:

"And by the way, he looks delicious". Wraith!Sheppard or Sheppard!Wraith could say that.

Jackie
February 27th, 2008, 11:15 AM
the only body swaps that I can think of as funny would be the following:

McKay & Carter...McKay would finally get his wish as to getting in Sam's pants. lol. Sam would not have to worry about reproductive organs cuasing any trouble....but Rodney having a period would be hilarious.

Dr. Weir & Colonel Shep...Dr. Weir would understand what it's like to be "hit on" by woman constantly and unlike shep, she wouldn't end up getting tied up. Sheppard living as a woman for a day would almost be as funny as McKay in Carter's body.

Jack O'Neill & Thor...not sure if Thor would want to switch back.

Daniel & a Goa'uld...perhaps Ba'al. Having Daniel see the world through the eyes of a power hungry symbiote that is worshiped as a god would be deep and Ba'al in Daniel...well...look out world.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 27th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Daniel & a Goa'uld...perhaps Ba'al. Having Daniel see the world through the eyes of a power hungry symbiote that is worshiped as a god would be deep and Ba'al in Daniel...well...look out world.

Oh, I like this last idea. We've seen Daniel corrupted but not Goa'ulded (well, AlternaDaniel in "Moebius, Part Two", but not for long), and this would be even more subversive than symbiote infestation. Especially with Ba'al's personality.

Falcon Horus
February 27th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Lots of material for a great fanfic... In fact, I'm quite sure the idea by Freekzilla is in fact an existing fanfic.

talyn2k1
February 27th, 2008, 02:40 PM

I loved that episode. In typical Farscape style, it showed what people would actually do when in temporary possession of a body of the opposite sex! :D

I'd love for SGA to do an ep like that and actually be serious about what people would do when placed in that situation. The real-life link is always what has made SG stand out from other scifi.

Jumper_One
February 27th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I loved that episode. In typical Farscape style, it showed what people would actually do when in temporary possession of a body of the opposite sex! :D

haha yeah it was great when John was in Aeryn and he was like 'woohoo boobies' :D

ykickamoocow
February 27th, 2008, 03:45 PM
haha yeah it was great when John was in Aeryn and he was like 'woohoo boobies' :D

I could see McKay doing something similar if he swapped bodies with Teyla :D

Jumper_One
February 27th, 2008, 03:58 PM

:lol: :indeed:

Freekzilla
February 28th, 2008, 03:51 PM

Perhaps he could get some payback on Cadman if he switched with her. I still think a team wide body swap would be funny if they all went to their proverbial opposites, or atleast how I stated earlier.

ykickamoocow
February 28th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Perhaps he could get some payback on Cadman if he switched with her. I still think a team wide body swap would be funny if they all went to their proverbial opposites, or atleast how I stated earlier.

What about this

Ronon > McKay
Mckay > Telya
Teyla > Ronon
Sheppard > Sheppard

ykickamoocow
February 29th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Just a quick question.

Does anyone think that Rachel Luttrell and Jason Momoa could pull off acting like McKay. Both actors are very good at acting their characters but it would be interesting to see if they were good enough to act like McKay if they were asked to do so.

Falcon Horus
March 1st, 2008, 03:06 PM
Both have the talent and it would be funny.

Willow'sCat
March 1st, 2008, 04:22 PM
Peronally I doubt anyone could do McKay justice other then David. If an actor wanted to be a laughing stock by trying fine but I think it would be ridiculous, it would end up being a caricature not the character... which is also why I don't particularly like these episodes.

Having said that Red Dwarf did a wonderful job of making Lister and Rimmer switch, even The Cat was believable. :)

If it was to happen *help us* then I would love to see Sheppard and Rodney switch.

Teyla and Ronon switch would be an interesting concept for Ronon, I am sure he hardly ever thinks about what it is like to be female, he may learn something.;) Oh get your minds out of the gutter! :P

Of course I could argue that Duet was nothing more than a gender/mind/body swap eppy so been there done that.;)

Also there are numerous fanfics about this, one in McShep I particularly loved...

ykickamoocow
March 1st, 2008, 04:28 PM
Peronally I doubt anyone could do McKay justice other then David. If an actor wanted to be a laughing stock by trying fine but I think it would be ridiculous, it would end up being a caricature not the character... which is also why I don't particularly like these episodes.

Having said that Red Dwarf did a wonderful job of making Lister and Rimmer switch, even The Cat was believable. :)

If it was to happen *help us* then I would love to see Sheppard and Rodney switch.

Teyla and Ronon switch would be an interesting concept for Ronon, I am sure he hardly ever thinks about what it is like to be female, he may learn something.;) Oh get your minds out of the gutter! :P

Of course I could argue that Duet was nothing more than a gender/mind/body swap eppy so been there done that.;)

Also there are numerous fanfics about this, one in McShep I particularly loved...

I personally wouldnt be a fan of McKay switching bodies with Sheppard or Teyla switching bodies with Ronon. Sheppard is the most like McKay (compared to Ronon and Teyla atleast) and Teyla and Ronon are very similar so it wouldnt be that funny seeing Teyla acting like Ronon or Sheppard acting like McKay.

Willow'sCat
March 1st, 2008, 04:32 PM
I personally wouldnt be a fan of McKay switching bodies with Sheppard or Teyla switching bodies with Ronon. Sheppard is the most like McKay (compared to Ronon and Teyla atleast) and Teyla and Ronon are very similar so it wouldnt be that funny seeing Teyla acting like Ronon or Sheppard acting like McKay.Ah you see I don't want a FUNNY episode. :cool:;)

I would only want to see it handled in an adult way. I didn't love Duet for the funny I loved it because McKay got to experience life more through the eyes of a women and he had to compromise and make sacrifices.

If all people want is funny go watch a comedy, I recommend Red Dwarf. ;)

ykickamoocow
March 1st, 2008, 04:35 PM
Ah you see I don't want a FUNNY episode. :cool:;)

I would only want to see it handled in an adult way. I didn't love Duet for the funny I loved it because McKay got to experience life more through the eyes of a women and he had to compromise and make sacrifices.

If all people want is funny go watch a comedy, I recommend Red Dwarf. ;)

I agree that pure comedy isnt great (in stargate episodes) but Stargate can do humour really well as long as its in moderation.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
March 2nd, 2008, 07:01 PM
I agree that pure comedy isnt great (in stargate episodes) but Stargate can do humour really well as long as its in moderation.

Like I said, a McKay/Ronon or Ronon/McKay/Teyla swap would provide the humor and a Sheppard/Wraith swap would moderate it.