Whos the better warriors Jafa or Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whos the better warriors Jafa or Wraith

I've been wondering what would happen if an army of jafa and Wraih meet on the battle field who would win. I personly think the Jafa would but what do you think.
    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
    I've been wondering what would happen if an army of jafa and Wraih meet on the battle field who would win. I personly think the Jafa would but what do you think.
    I think Jaffa, Tea'lk kicked wraith ass in midway.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      I think Jaffa, Tea'lk kicked wraith ass in midway.
      Yes he did. hes also like Ronon, he has to be shot more then once by a wraith stunner to go down.

Back on topic, Jaffa.
      What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am a very big Teal'c fan but Teal'c does not represent the whole Jaffa nation. The Jaffa skill varies from warrior to warrior. Similar to the Wraith. I wonder how many Jaffas can take on "The Defiant One" or the "Wraith King in Sateda". Let us keep it real and not wander . To answer the question, I would say the Wraith are better warriors because their survival depends on it....and I would say winning against the ancients would make them better

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          I am a very big Teal'c fan but Teal'c does not represent the whole Jaffa nation. The Jaffa skill varies from warrior to warrior. Similar to the Wraith. I wonder how many Jaffas can take on "The Defiant One" or the "Wraith King in Sateda". Let us keep it real and not wander . To answer the question, I would say the Wraith are better warriors because their survival depends on it....and I would say winning against the ancients would make them better

The Ancients won every battle, but they didnt see them selves winning the war. The only reason the Ancients lost is because of the Wraiths Sheer numbers. The Ancients didnt lose. They Surrendered.
          What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap.Dylan Hunt View Post
            The Ancients won every battle, but they didnt see them selves winning the war. The only reason the Ancients lost is because of the Wraiths Sheer numbers. The Ancients didnt lose. They Surrendered.
            [offtopic]

You don't surrender when you are winning . You surrender or try to negotiate they way they did when you are losing...and losing badly

[/offtopic]

Comment

Originally posted by Cap.Dylan Hunt View Post
              Obviously they didn't win every battle as they lost the war! Seriously we've got examples of trashed ancient warships across the galaxy they obviously got spanked many times, unless they count retreating as winning...

I think that was a throw away statement. They could win battles maybe but at a cost which they couldn't sustain with the Wraith cloning warriors building ships. In the end they fought for a 100 years and lost the entire galaxy to the Wraith. No one can say the Ancients won every battle. Doesn't make sense.

On topic: We should be comparing the Jaffa who SG1 killed on a regular basis with the Wraith. And tbh both seem to be canon fodder but the Wraith are physically superior so I think they'd have the Jaffa. Especially the commander types.
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

The Defiant one could take on any Jaffa other then Teal'c or Bra'tac (in their prime of course but I bet Bra'tac was a stud)

But anyways when it comes down to Fodder the Jaffa have them as they use some tactics such as hide behind something other then the Wraith Drones who run forward blindly

But the best Jaffa and the best Wraith it depends on scenario such as open space vs jungle still the Wraith are physically superior but the Jaffa are trained in combat from a young age so its a coin toss IMO
                Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                So whats the worst that could happen?
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                  The Defiant one could take on any Jaffa other then Teal'c or Bra'tac (in their prime of course but I bet Bra'tac was a stud)

But anyways when it comes down to Fodder the Jaffa have them as they use some tactics such as hide behind something other then the Wraith Drones who run forward blindly

But the best Jaffa and the best Wraith it depends on scenario such as open space vs jungle still the Wraith are physically superior but the Jaffa are trained in combat from a young age so its a coin toss IMO
                  Hand to hand the Defiant one could take any Jaffa including Teal'c. You saw what a Wraith grunt did to him, Tealc is able with skill to take on some Wraith hand to hand however he wouldn't be able to take that Wraith. He had to be hit with a drone to die, Teal'c does hit that hard lol.

Wraith can make you see things, Jaffa don't really seem to use tactics tbh. Not the majority. It comes down to the mentality of the Wraith drones, they don't have individual personalities they go forward knowing more will take their place.

One on one is debatable but in an all out ground battle the Wraith would own them IMO. Especially if Darts are present to cull troops and drop troops.
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Close call, but if the Wraith drones don't feel fear and just do as they are told(i'm guessing), give it to them. I wonder what effect a Wraith feeding on a Jaffa with a symbiont would have?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                      Hand to hand the Defiant one could take any Jaffa including Teal'c. You saw what a Wraith grunt did to him, Tealc is able with skill to take on some Wraith hand to hand however he wouldn't be able to take that Wraith. He had to be hit with a drone to die, Teal'c does hit that hard lol.
                      Well take away the Hero Shield are your are fight still I would love to see Bra'tac (in his prime), Teal'c (in his prime), and Ronon fight the Defiant one

Wraith can make you see things, Jaffa don't really seem to use tactics tbh. Not the majority. It comes down to the mentality of the Wraith drones, they don't have individual personalities they go forward knowing more will take their place.
                      Well the Jaffa use more tactics then the Drone Grunts which I was comparing not the regular Wraith which would own an army of Jaffa

One on one is debatable but in an all out ground battle the Wraith would own them IMO. Especially if Darts are present to cull troops and drop troops.
                      Its highly debatable, Well in an all out battle I'm sure the Jaffa would have a chance, those staff cannons would wreak anything the Wraith have, but of course darts are good fighters but so are the Gliders the only main difference is that the Jaffa have been fighter pilots while the Wraith have just been culling people so I think the Jaffa have them in a dog fight
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic
                      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Well take away the Hero Shield are your are fight still I would love to see Bra'tac (in his prime), Teal'c (in his prime), and Ronon fight the Defiant one
                        They'd get thrown around and beaten.

Well the Jaffa use more tactics then the Drone Grunts which I was comparing not the regular Wraith which would own an army of Jaffa
                        The standard Jaffa we see aren't any better than the Wraith tbh. They still die by the dozens lol.

Its highly debatable, Well in an all out battle I'm sure the Jaffa would have a chance, those staff cannons would wreak anything the Wraith have, but of course darts are good fighters but so are the Gliders the only main difference is that the Jaffa have been fighter pilots while the Wraith have just been culling people so I think the Jaffa have them in a dog fight
                        Staff weapons aren't anything special. And I doubt they'd take down a Wraith in a single shot. Do you mean the ones from the gliders? Well the Wraith could use a stun bomb and take them all out that way. Darts are better fighters, they appear to be faster and more maneuverable and pack more punch although a single hit from either will cause destruction darts fire faster. Plus they can cull. People talk about the Jaffa's experience well tbh most of them are pretty rubbish soldiers and their fighters aren't anything special.

Darts are superioer IMO, the Dart actually has an interactive hud while gliders are more manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          They'd get thrown around and beaten.
                          Well I would still enjoy seeing that but come on those three would give him a run for his money if McKay and Sheppard can

The standard Jaffa we see aren't any better than the Wraith tbh. They still die by the dozens lol.
                          Lets just agree to disagree I don't want to argue this

Staff weapons aren't anything special. And I doubt they'd take down a Wraith in a single shot. Do you mean the ones from the gliders? Well the Wraith could use a stun bomb and take them all out that way. Darts are better fighters, they appear to be faster and more maneuverable and pack more punch although a single hit from either will cause destruction darts fire faster. Plus they can cull. People talk about the Jaffa's experience well tbh most of them are pretty rubbish soldiers and their fighters aren't anything special.
                          Yeah the ones from the Death Gliders now the standard ones, as for the stun bomb the Jaffa could do the same (well wtih a ton of their grenades)

I like the Death Glider better, its more of dog fighter then the dart, which is used to cull while the Death Glider is used to kill, and we have seen the Jaffa kill tons of fighters and SG teams as long as they aren't SG1(God bless the Hero Shield or SG1 would be dead like a million times over)

Darts are superioer IMO, the Dart actually has an interactive hud while gliders are more manual.
                          Fighter pilots in America during the Korean War used the F-86A Sabre which fought the MiG-15bis piloted by the Koreans. Now experts claim that the MiG is superior to the Sabre yet the Sabre pilots had a 10-1 Kill to death ratio because they were better Dog Fight Pilots trained in WW II oppoed to the Korean pilots who were not not trained in Dog Fights and didn't have the experince of war

So if we take this to the Jaffa and Wraith we can see that the Jaffa have worse fighter but better experince and the two ships are close enough where one doesn't dwarf the other in tech so I give it to the Jaffa in terms of fighters
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic

Comment

Well I would still enjoy seeing that but come on those three would give him a run for his money if McKay and Sheppard can

Lets just agree to disagree I don't want to argue this

Yeah the ones from the Death Gliders now the standard ones, as for the stun bomb the Jaffa could do the same (well wtih a ton of their grenades)

I like the Death Glider better, its more of dog fighter then the dart, which is used to cull while the Death Glider is used to kill, and we have seen the Jaffa kill tons of fighters and SG teams as long as they aren't SG1(God bless the Hero Shield or SG1 would be dead like a million times over)

Fighter pilots in America during the Korean War used the F-86A Sabre which fought the MiG-15bis piloted by the Koreans. Now experts claim that the MiG is superior to the Sabre yet the Sabre pilots had a 10-1 Kill to death ratio because they were better Dog Fight Pilots trained in WW II oppoed to the Korean pilots who were not not trained in Dog Fights and didn't have the experince of war

So if we take this to the Jaffa and Wraith we can see that the Jaffa have worse fighter but better experince and the two ships are close enough where one doesn't dwarf the other in tech so I give it to the Jaffa in terms of fighters
                            Wow man you realy no your history, your right of course no matter how good the fighter is it's not worht crap if theres not a good piolit behind the controls. In the Korean war just because the MiG-15 sporrted a larger caliber gun and could out turn the F-86 the MiGs piolits were not as experieced as the American piolits The same is with the Jafa and the Wraith. The Jaf have more experience than the Wraith which meanss they would have a better chance in a dog fight.
                            Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

1:1 odds, staff vs stunners, I say Jaffa win. If Ronon's gun can drop a Wraith in a single shot then i'm sure a staff can as well. The Wraiths big advantage of strength could easily be countered by the Jaffas skill with a staff in hand to hand combat and they both have accelerated healing, though the Wraiths is superior.

Now Death Gliders vs Darts could be anybodies ball game. I'd give it to the Wraith for firepower and to Jaffa for skill, who knows what the end result would be.
                              Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Working...
                              X