304 power and Asgard power cores.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

304 power and Asgard power cores.

What powers the standard Daedalus class ship? Is it naquadah, naquadriah or something else?

I imagine that, with the exception on Odyssey, as Asgard Ion generator powers the hyperdrive and all other systems are powered by naquadah generators.

Will this change now we have Asgard upgrades or will we need a load of neutronium to exploit that knowledge?

I'd imagine that if we now have access to Asgard power technology we'll see it used on a wider basis than just on the ships. One could be put in the SGC for dialling Pegasus directly.

Naq generators. What is required is a ZPM, Ori generator, portable Asgard generator. Otherwise, the 304's are just a shadow.

Earth has already reached the technological plateau in terms of ship technology; they will not build better ships:

1) Asgard beams, never going to get or create better weapon tech than this.

2) Already A+ Asgard shields upgraded to A++ level thanks to near Ascended McKay, so we can never get better shields either.

3) Hyperdrives, Asgard have the fastest hyperdrives, and likely at least on the Odyssey they have been upgraded. Thus, not going to create superior hyperdrives.

With all this uber tech: Able to defeat Ori ships, easily destroy Auroras, soon easily destroy Hives and Cruisers.

What else is left? Create a better power source, install more weapons: possibly installing a drone platform and/or Asgard ion cannons.

In roughly 10 years, Earth has reached the technological plateau in ship technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
      What powers the standard Daedalus class ship? Is it naquadah, naquadriah or something else?

I imagine that, with the exception on Odyssey, as Asgard Ion generator powers the hyperdrive and all other systems are powered by naquadah generators.

Will this change now we have Asgard upgrades or will we need a load of neutronium to exploit that knowledge?

I'd imagine that if we now have access to Asgard power technology we'll see it used on a wider basis than just on the ships. One could be put in the SGC for dialling Pegasus directly.
      Actually, I think everything is powered by naquada generators. I don't think we can build or we ever given Nuetrino Ion Generators. And I imagine it will take a long time for us to learn how to build them.

Comment

practically everything on the 304 are all from aliens just the shell and earth based systems most is asgard, gouald(rings)

10 years is just the starting point i guess, w8 till 30,000 years of space travel
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
          Naq generators. What is required is a ZPM, Ori generator, portable Asgard generator. Otherwise, the 304's are just a shadow.

Earth has already reached the technological plateau in terms of ship technology; they will not build better ships:

2) Already A+ Asgard shields upgraded to A++ level thanks to near Ascended McKay, so we can never get better shields either.

3) Hyperdrives, Asgard have the fastest hyperdrives, and likely at least on the Odyssey they have been upgraded. Thus, not going to create superior hyperdrives.

With all this uber tech: Able to defeat Ori ships, easily destroy Auroras, soon easily destroy Hives and Cruisers.

What else is left? Create a better power source, install more weapons: possibly installing a drone platform and/or Asgard ion cannons.

In roughly 10 years, Earth has reached the technological plateau in ship technology.
          LMAO, there is alway better stuff. Saying we have absolute best ships possible is about as insane as the patent guy in the early 1900's saying everything had already been invented. That's just nuts.

Comment

I don't know, I think in 20-30 years we will improve our technology, its just we have to catch up first (lol). But I mean, who knows...maybe we come up with a better weapon then the asgard beams? I mean, those things are slow -- if we could make a faster weapon with the same effect, then that would be good. And we still get our butts kicked, just not as much any more.

So yea, we can still improve our technology.

Comment

20 - 30 years we will probably go WAY further.

Thats depending on if they release the stargate program to the public.

Then when everyone starts making better tech, we will get more and varied tech from different companies.
              Visit my Website

Comment

304s are deffo powered by naquadah are naquadriah apart from the Odyssey. i dont think a 304 would be able to have Nuetrino Ion Generators because there is not enough room for it. the Odysseys asgard power core most have been some else are a smaller version. Nuetrino Ion Generators call for the need of a 305 which would be a bit bigger are the design would need to be changed.
                if the 305 does use Nuetrino Ion Generators it would have sheilds as strong as the Odyssey and it could have more beam weapons like the Odyssey.

Comment

(1) What is the best ship weapons the most advanced races use: Beams.
                  Ascended Ori helped create the Ori ships, they had beams. Asgard best weapons were beams.

Inferior Tollan Ion Cannons: Carter could not understand them, and believed they would never be able to backward engineer them.

Asgard, Ori beams or any beam weapon is far more advanced.

You do the math. Luckly, the beams are in the database, and just need to replicate and install them (no doubt all the instructions are there as well). It is like asking a Roman 'engineer' to build a state of the art supercomputer today. Now if the computer is already build and there is instructions on how to use it...

(2) Shield upgrades: Asgard ones were really good already. McKay took it another level, Ascended level. HTF can anybody ever make better shields, exactly!

(3) Hyperdrives: Asgard had the best, Earth has them now. Ori ship kept up with the Odyssey, but did not overtake it.

My previous conclusion holds. 10-20 years we will get better? Lucky if in 1 million years if we get better.

Comment

I don't believe beams are anywhere near as strong as drones. The Ori technology was obviously not up to Ancient par. As for the shields I believe the timeline of Unending and Tao of Rodney put ToR first. I don't think he would be able to upgrade the Asgard shields in such a short time being enhanced by the machine.

Comment

(2) Shield upgrades: Asgard ones were really good already. McKay took it another level, Ascended level. HTF can anybody ever make better shields, exactly!
                      I don't know, Asgard knowledge does seem ascended in some respects considering their latest technology is able to match and defeat Ori ships. Some may argue the ZPM as the main reason for the performance but I contend all designs have a limit, therefore, the Asgard should've been able to power their designs to the optimum level with nuetrino generators.

Personally, the Asgard's accomplishments are not considered "ascended" because they tampered with their physiology removing the possibility of ascension.

Comment

Bold:
                        (1) What is the best ship weapons the most advanced races use: Beams.
                        Ascended Ori helped create the Ori ships, they had beams. Asgard best weapons were beams.

Ancients primarily used drone weapons, though they did also have a beam weapon, I'll give you that. But as we saw... beams are near-useless against small, agile ships. In that case, drones or energy blasts would be better.

Inferior Tollan Ion Cannons: Carter could not understand them, and believed they would never be able to backward engineer them.

What's the point of that statement?

Asgard, Ori beams or any beam weapon is far more advanced.

Not necessarily, they're just able to pump out more power in a shorter time. But as far as accuracy goes... they're pretty bad. All you have to do is move a few meters.

Okay, please see my thread on Daedalus-class shielding; McKay could not have upgraded those shields.

(3) Hyperdrives: Asgard had the best, Earth has them now. Ori ship kept up with the Odyssey, but did not overtake it.

The Ori had to first figure out where we were headed before they could jump into hyperspace in persuit. So they may well have had a shorter travel time; we just don't know.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

The 2 beams missed beause 1) Plot shields in effect 2) Aiming for engines. 304beams have never missed before.

Yes, drones are obviously better at tracking, nothing can beat them in that aspect.

Mckay, near Ascended level=Smarter than any Asgard, smarter than any Ancient or Ori (who are not Ascended). McKay passed his research on to the Asgard. Who obviously did not sit around with the shield upgrades. Color coding=Seasoon 4 shields became white...Ori color, Atlantis color, super Asuran satellite color. Something must have happened. AoT, Odyssey lasted forever.

As for shield strength, obviously the Asgard, Ori shields are better than the Ancients had on their Aurora's.

"I don't believe beams are anywhere near as strong as drones."

Believing and reality are two different things aren't they. 1 shot Lantean satellite, Hive dissected in two. Over 100 drones needed to take out Hive. None of Aurora's as yet able to fire that many drones and have shields up.

What did the Asurans send to take out Atlantis shields? Exactly, beam weapon.

What weapon did the Ascended Ori install in their toilet seats? Exactly.

I give you that drones are better at fighting the Wraith, or less advanced species who have mediocre or bad shielding.

"What's the point of that statement?" Let me spell it out. If Carter (greatest scientist on Earth, tied with McKay), cannot even begin to understand the Tollan cannons, what hope of trying to understand (modify, make better etc) more advanced tech? So earth wont be upgrading the beams or modifying them any time soon, if 'ever'.

Comment

The 2 beams missed beause 1) Plot shields in effect 2) Aiming for engines. 304beams have never missed before.

Yes, drones are obviously better at tracking, nothing can beat them in that aspect.

Mckay, near Ascended level=Smarter than any Asgard, smarter than any Ancient or Ori (who are not Ascended). McKay passed his research on to the Asgard. Who obviously did not sit around with the shield upgrades. Color coding=Seasoon 4 shields became white...Ori color, Atlantis color, super Asuran satellite color. Something must have happened. AoT, Odyssey lasted forever.

As for shield strength, obviously the Asgard, Ori shields are better than the Ancients had on their Aurora's.

"I don't believe beams are anywhere near as strong as drones."

Believing and reality are two different things aren't they. 1 shot Lantean satellite, Hive dissected in two. Over 100 drones needed to take out Hive. None of Aurora's as yet able to fire that many drones and have shields up.

What did the Asurans send to take out Atlantis shields? Exactly, beam weapon.

What weapon did the Ascended Ori install in their toilet seats? Exactly.

I give you that drones are better at fighting the Wraith, or less advanced species who have mediocre or bad shielding.

"What's the point of that statement?" Let me spell it out. If Carter (greatest scientist on Earth, tied with McKay), cannot even begin to understand the Tollan cannons, what hope of trying to understand (modify, make better etc) more advanced tech? So earth wont be upgrading the beams or modifying them any time soon, if 'ever'.
                            I think before the beams are upgraded/modified the public must know of the Stargate. We all know how that turned out in the alternate reality. The we can do now is make more of the beams.
                            Zero Point Energy by 0 Kelvin: Just go to Wikipedia, type in Absolute 0, hit enter. It'll save a little bit of my time and effort.

better to be wrong and alive than right and dead

sigpic

Comment

Do you have any proof Mckay passed this supposed information to the Asgard, or am I missing something here? We still find that Asgard technology matched ascended beings own type, regardless of whether Ancient or Ori. However, you claim a near-ascended being is smarter than any Asgard invidual.

Comment

Working...
                              X